YoloinOhio

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Is this serious or sarcasm, I honestly can't tell

Fitz could hv easily had 4 or even 5 picks today if the Bills DBs could catch the ball. The drop on what would hv been pick 6 by Graham in the first quarter was literally right to him.

Fitz can't play in the wind and will more often than not turn the ball over at the crucial part of the game.

Yes, the Jets were lucky they weren't down a lot more in the first half..........the Bills left opportunities on the table as the Jets really were being the same ol' D-O-G-ASS Jets Jets Jets.

His WR's lost the game. They would have been up by a TD if they could have caught the ball.

That is why they play the game. We went into the redzone and couldn't punch it in...came away with FGs....We could have been up by a zillion if we had punched them in...Could have, would have, should have!

Fitz is actually a Superbowl MVP

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/boxscores/201110160nyg.htm

If he didn't throw 2 of the worst interceptions in the history of the NFL (in a game the Bills dominated - week 6, 2011), the Giants wouldn't have even made the playoffs in 2011. Eli's 2nd SB win.

Edited by Peter Griffin

How Ryan Fitzpatrick, career journeyman, blew his one shot at greatness.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/14496142

yep, was hoping he would help us out in the draft but Pixpatrick showed up again.

Really the entire game came down to one play: Mario Butler blowing up Kenbrell Thompkins with 17 sec. to go. He doesn't knock the ball out of his arms, Jets win. FItz is a hero.

Mario showing up for other teams to check him out.

"All you can ask for in this game is an opportunity," Fitzpatrick said, and his Jets had more than one of those in the end. "We weren't able to pull it off," Fitzpatrick added, "and just my heart hurts so bad right now for all those guys in the locker room. ... It's the hardest and most difficult end to a season I've ever had, just in terms of how I feel right now and how painful of a loss that was."

Good Lord,,,I think I'm gonna puke,,,,too bad Fitz' heart didn't hurt so bad when he threw INT after INT after INT when he played for us.

Edited by Peter Griffin

"All you can ask for in this game is an opportunity," Fitzpatrick said, and his Jets had more than one of those in the end. "We weren't able to pull it off," Fitzpatrick added, "and just my heart hurts so bad right now for all those guys in the locker room. ... It's the hardest and most difficult end to a season I've ever had, just in terms of how I feel right now and how painful of a loss that was."

Good Lord,,,I think I'm gonna puke,,,,too bad Fitz' heart didn't hurt so bad when he threw INT after INT after INT when he played for us.

well fresh pain always feels worse at the time, it's been 3 yrs for us so were not exactly in his mind at the moment.

Lets be honest, this was the same Fitzpatrick we saw play for the Bills. He couldn't make the plays when he was a Buffalo Bill and he hasn't changed. I like the guy but not as my QB. The game was lost when he threw the McKelvin pick in the end zone. For a guy as smart and experienced as he is he should never had made that throw. Even Dan Fouts commented he didn't know what Fitzpatrick saw on that play. That play ended the Jets season. That was classic Fitzpatrick.

To paraphrase Leodis in the article, Fitz is who we thought he was. He keeps both teams in the game. Always has, always will. (Leodis knows. He might be the Fitz of DBs, for that matter.)

I like Fitz, but anyone who didn't see yesterday coming wasn't looking hard enough.

Shame on ESPN: It wasn't Fitz's fault at all.

One, maybe both of those INTs, were thrown with Bills in his grill. The Jets OL caused those INTs.

The killer INT was the one in the end zone. That made it possible for the Bills to dial up more pressure on those last two possessions. And Fitz threw that one right to Leo, with a clear sight line the whole way. That's the pick that lost the game.

Let's all pile on Fitzy. Class guy, always gave 110%, but he never had the goods, so we hate him. I feel badly for him.

Can only speak for myself, but there's certainly no "hate" here. I recognize Fitz for what he is, and isn't, and given the past ten years there was no reason to expect he would continue to play at a Pro Bowl level.

In the somewhat modified words of Denny Green, "he is who we thought he was."

The fact that Fitz is such a stand-up dude and loved his time in Buffalo is sentimental for many, but the bottom line is that he failed the Bills consistently in big situations -- and he just failed the Jets in their biggest game in years.

To paraphrase Leodis in the article, Fitz is who we thought he was. He keeps both teams in the game. Always has, always will. (Leodis knows. He might be the Fitz of DBs, for that matter.)

I like Fitz, but anyone who didn't see yesterday coming wasn't looking hard enough.

The killer INT was the one in the end zone. That made it possible for the Bills to dial up more pressure on those last two possessions. And Fitz threw that one right to Leo, with a clear sight line the whole way. That's the pick that lost the game.

and, why throw that ball? Weren't they down by 2 and in FG range? Run the ball!

So is he gone for the Jets next year? Is Geno done? Do they start Petty? Do they draft another QB?

The Bills (or future members of the Bills) did the Jets not one, but two giant favors this year: (1) IK saved the Jets from a lost season behind Geno Smith; (2) Rex and the Bills saved the Jets from believing that they have a QB they can hitch their wagon to in 2016 and beyond. Fitzy had a nice run, and I felt good for him. But face facts -- they would have been one and done in the playoffs anyways (same is true for the Bills, by the way), so there's no huge disappointment here.