2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just select Connor Cook, and be done with it. I'm gonna proclaim here and now, that Cook will be a star in the NFL. I really hope the Bills select him.

He's the guy.

But I bet Greg Roman wouldn't like him, he is too aggressive. Too bad. With the right coach, he would tear up the league. I hope the Patriots don't select him, or we're screwed. He reminds me of Marino.

There's a lot to like about Cook but there are some huge red flags. A 57% passer in college is extremely worrisome. And the d bag factor is a giant one. Guys in the pros won't follow d bags. See Losman, JP, Cutler, Jay, or George, Jeff. Cook might be on That in class of guy.

The idea that this team needs to use its first two picks on defense--just to fix what Rex broke--is a travesty, and the possibility that this would cause us to pass on a potential franchise QB, makes it totally unacceptable. The only thing that could be worse, would be using those picks on DT and/or ILB.

get ready for a disaster then

The idea that this team needs to use its first two picks on defense--just to fix what Rex broke--is a travesty, and the possibility that this would cause us to pass on a potential franchise QB, makes it totally unacceptable. The only thing that could be worse, would be using those picks on DT and/or ILB.

The Bills have been in a position to draft a good qb prospect a number of times the last few years. Wilson, Carr and Bridgewater were on the board when we were in position to draft a qb. Wilson was still on the board in the third round for us and Carr and Bridgewater could have been selected with first round trade downs. But that's history so it is futile to lament about it.

What's different for us this year is that we have a legitimate franchise qb prospect in TT. He has shown enough (at least to me) that he can be a good qb in this league. So the urgency to use a high pick on a qb isn't the same this year as it has been in previous years.

My position on the draft is simple: In general just make good selections regardless of the position. The higher the ranked player selected the chances of the player making the roster increases. Although I would not be displeased if Whaley used a high pick to select someone who could play RT. The miss on the Kujo pick has left a void on the right side for the past few years (including this year).

My position on Rex is well documented so I won't belabor the point on what I think of him. Good coaches adapt to the talent on hand instead of forcing the organization to reshuffle the talent base to adapt to the coaches' preference. Eventually this HC will be jettisoned and the roster re-make will again be a work in process.

There's a lot to like about Cook but there are some huge red flags. A 57% passer in college is extremely worrisome. And the d bag factor is a giant one. Guys in the pros won't follow d bags. See Losman, JP, Cutler, Jay, or George, Jeff. Cook might be on That in class of guy.

34-5....a Rose Bowl.... a Cotton Bowl... 2 Big 10 Championships...team captain or not, the team responded to him just fine.

He is no Jeff George (who transfered in college, and didn't have much of a college career), or Jay Cutler (11-35)...it's not fair to compare him to those kind of guys.

JP Lossman 17-20...

The completion % was already discussed, and I'm not worried about that either.

Edited by HoF Watkins

Ok, so I'm hard-headed and ignorant, but I need some folks to tell me what the definite "no's" are with Brandon Doughty.

I just watched his game against Marshall, and all the positives came through again: he's got a lightning-quick release, makes good decisions with the ball, has solid ball placement, shows velocity and touch, etc.

I'm not saying he's a day 1 or 2 pick, but I don't see a 6th rounder or UDFA either...

I defy anyone to watch the throw he makes at 6:19 and tell me that this is a guy that loses accuracy when pressured.

Edited by thebandit27

Ok, so I'm hard-headed and ignorant, but I need some folks to tell me what the definite "no's" are with Brandon Doughty.

I just watched his game against Marshall, and all the positives came through again: he's got a lightning-quick release, makes good decisions with the ball, has solid ball placement, shows velocity and touch, etc.

I'm not saying he's a day 1 or 2 pick, but I don't see a 6th rounder or UDFA either...

I defy anyone to watch the throw he makes at 6:19 and tell me that this is a guy that loses accuracy when pressured.

There are a lot of ugly throws in that video. I can see why he's considered a project.

A lot of tight coverage completions in that clip. Also. he demonstrated good ball placement in most of his throws.

My wild guess is that the Bills are going to draft Kevin Hogan with one of their later picks. Football smarts and good size.

Edited by JohnC

A lot of tight coverage completions in that clip. Also. he demonstrated good ball placement in most of his throws.

My wild guess is that the Bills are going to draft Kevin Hogan with one of their later picks. Football smarts and good size.

Also - terrible at throwing of the football. Sounds like a great pick there.

This is scary:

Kevin @KevinMassare 1h1 hour ago

I don't care what anyone says, I think Paxton Lynch is top of our draft board at 19/trade back.

Like him or not, Ole Road Sodas has had solid info in the past...I'll be very, very worried if Lynch is the pick.

And this regarding Whaley's statement that Tyrod is the starter:

Kevin Retweeted Adam Benigni

AKA - So when we take a 1st round QB, don't freak out.

This is scary:

Kevin ‏@KevinMassare 1h1 hour ago

I don't care what anyone says, I think Paxton Lynch is top of our draft board at 19/trade back.

Like him or not, Ole Road Sodas has had solid info in the past...I'll be very, very worried if Lynch is the pick.

IF the two quarterbacks you tie yourself too are EJ and Lynch your a dummy. If the two quarterbacks you draft in the first round are EJ and Lynch you are driving full speed down Unemployment St.

This is scary:

If they draft Lynch (and they'd probably have to move UP now to get him), Whaley is done. Done. Done.

Ugh.

If they draft Lynch (and they'd probably have to move UP now to get him), Whaley is done. Done. Done.

Ugh.

Agreed--I'm on record that I'd hate that pick at 19, let alone higher up.

That said, I don't think they need to move up to get him

This is scary:

Well, Kev's source inside the Bills left when the Pegula family bought the team.

I really hope he's wrong. Lynch is a woeful prospect for the hype he's getting.

IF the two quarterbacks you tie yourself too are EJ and Lynch your a dummy. If the two quarterbacks you draft in the first round are EJ and Lynch you are driving full speed down Unemployment St.

Everything goes through pegula. so if they pulls this type of shenanigan in the first round without a trade down, ya gotta question the whole groop on the yacht !