2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

That sums it up, they weren't going to change the offense for Cardale last season and they wasted a year of his development. He would have been in the same boat last year if not better in regards to the draft ...hopefully a team like Buffalo is the beneficiary of OSU's self serving agenda.

this article sums up what Cardale had in 2014 and did not have in 2015 - the brilliant OC/QB coach Tom Herman, who left to become the HC at Houston. And I do mean brilliant - he's a member of Mensa.

http://playmakermentality.com/tom-herman-college-footballs-quarterback-whisperer

Edited by YoloinOhio

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this article sums up what Cardale had in 2014 and did not have in 2015 - the brilliant OC/QB coach Tom Herman, who left to become the HC at Houston. And I do mean brilliant - he's a member of Mensa.

http://playmakermentality.com/tom-herman-college-footballs-quarterback-whisperer

Good stuff. I wonder how long til Herman leaves Houston that is an impressive year.

I really hope we see Cardale on the Bills next year. His physical skills are so intriguing. He is a guy that has the physical tools and now that we have TT he could have the time to perfect his craft. I really don't hold the down year against him as I agree that he isn't really an Urban QB.

If Paxton Lynch is there at 19, I take him, not to play in 2016-17 but to work with David Lee on drops and reads.

If you say we can't neglect the DL talent in this draft, I fully agree.

The latest DraftTek draft shows that very scenario.

The Bills get Lynch, Floyd, then ==>

http://www.drafttek.com/2016-NFL-Mock-Draft-Round3.asp

I agree TSW.

You do whatever it takes to 'get this guy'

If Whaley screws this up he is truly stupid.

And you can't fix stupid !

I agree TSW.

You do whatever it takes to 'get this guy'

If Whaley screws this up he is truly stupid.

And you can't fix stupid !

Why/How is Paxton Lynch so much better than Cardale Jones? Or Kevin Hogan even? Both has excelled in their collegiate careers against better talent. Why is Lynch's upside better than the aforementioned?

@LedyardNFLDraft

Brandon Doughty is one of the smartest quarterbacks in the 2016 class, but is he draftable? http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/03/31/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-western-kentucky-qb-brandon-doughty/

Ce4aQkoVAAA5o_9.jpg

This cat stunk it up at the Players Union all star game. Then when Vernon Adams Jr. came in with the same team/coaching, he lit it up and got a couple of TDs. Then the next QB came in and the team went back to doing nothing offensively. Get Vernon instead.

This cat stunk it up at the Players Union all star game. Then when Vernon Adams Jr. came in with the same team/coaching, he lit it up and got a couple of TDs. Then the next QB came in and the team went back to doing nothing offensively. Get Vernon instead.

While there is a *small* chance that Vernon Adams can be a good NFL backup, I'd stay away - at least until late in the draft.

Just because Russell Wilson looks like a legit NFL QB, does not mean every guy that is 5" smaller than the NFL's prototype can play at that level. VERY few starting NFL QBs anywhere near that small in the last 20 years. Brees, Wilson and who until you get all the way back to Flutie (who was nowhere near a good NFL starting QB).

Edited by OldTimer1960

Why/How is Paxton Lynch so much better than Cardale Jones? Or Kevin Hogan even? Both has excelled in their collegiate careers against better talent. Why is Lynch's upside better than the aforementioned?

Sky;

With different leaders, come different leadership qualities. (I'm sorry Sky; But as a fellow fan, I will leave the rest alone)

'Lou'

Just because Russell Wilson looks like a legit NFL QB, does not mean every guy that is 5" smaller than the NFL's prototype can play at that level.

My argument for acquiring Vernon Adams Jr has absolutely NOTHING to do with Russell Wilson. It has everything to do with Vernon's performance on the field. He makes things happen and elevates the play of the rest of the team.

Screw the "measurables". The dude is a flat out gamer with a strong track record at Eastern Washington and Oregon.

My argument for acquiring Vernon Adams Jr has absolutely NOTHING to do with Russell Wilson. It has everything to do with Vernon's performance on the field. He makes things happen and elevates the play of the rest of the team.

Screw the "measurables". The dude is a flat out gamer with a strong track record at Eastern Washington and Oregon.

All that I am saying is that it is extremely rare for someone that is Vernon Adams' size to make it as a NFL QB. I don't have anything against Adams, but I think his size makes him a long-shot to succeed at QB in the NFL.

First, you're referring to the Shrine Game

Second, do you mean to tell me that we're supposed to toss away Doughty's entire college body of work in favor of an evaluation from one game that he plays in a system he doesn't know with players he's never played with in a setting where he's had very little practice time?

Does that make sense to you?

next Bills coach?

he will be an NFL HC someday if he wants to be. I believe that. He's such a great recruiter though, he may be the next great college coach and just stay put. My heart believes he will be the next HC at OSU whenever urban hangs it up, but there is a stronger possibility he gets entrenched at a destiny job, somewhere like LSU or Texas before that, and never leaves. Edited by YoloinOhio

Second, do you mean to tell me that we're supposed to toss away Doughty's entire college body of work in favor of an evaluation from one game that he plays in a system he doesn't know with players he's never played with in a setting where he's had very little practice time?

So you're willing to use that excuse for Doughtery even though Vernon was in the exact same situation and didn't need an excuse?

Does this make sense to you?

When a backup QB comes in for a starter he's in a similar position. Since either of these will be backups, go with the spark plug IMHO.

Admittedly I only saw that one game of Doughtery. But I saw Vernon pull similar stunts at Oregon as he did in that game. All college QBs are long shots to be NFL starters. Especially guys drafted where these guys will be.