2016 Draft QB thread

Beerball

• Replies 975
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@billsupdates

2016 NFL Draft rumors: #Bills' OC Greg Roman met with Memphis QB Paxton Lynch http://ow.ly/10m9yN

@NFL_CFB

Mayock says #Ravens QBs coach Marty Mornhinweg, #Bills OC Greg Roman + #Chargers OC Ken Whisenhunt also on hand for Paxton Lynch's pro day

.@MikeMayock: Paxton Lynch is a first-round talent, probably needs to sit for a year behind a veteran QB

.@MoveTheSticks: This was a big-time pro day. Paxton Lynch had a chance to show off and he took advantage of it.

It wasn't an ideal setting due to the weather, but Memphis quarterback Paxton Lynch didn't allow the elements to disrupt his workout and secured his spot as one of the top-three quarterbacks in this draft class.

There were 26 teams on-hand for the workout, including San Diego Chargers offensive coordinator Ken Wisenhunt, Buffalo Bills offensive coordinator Greg Roman and several quarterback coaches from around the league. According to several reports, the Bills, who currently own the No. 19 selection in the first round, dined with Lynch on Tuesday night.

@RapSheet

#Bills ate dinner with Paxton Lynch, will visit with Connor Cook, Cardale Jones, did extensive work on Jared Goff… they are in the QB market

@SiriusXMNFL

AUDIO: @MemphisFB QB @PaxtonLynch discussed the weather at Pro Day & his upcoming schedule! >http://bit.ly/1PUzGNQ

CfYk9NzW4AE5GjD.jpg

In his latest NFL Draft journal entry for NFLDraftScout.com, Hogan reviews the private workouts and team visits he's enjoyed recently with the Cleveland Browns, Tampa Buccaneers and Philadelphia Eagles all showing interest in the former Stanford quarterback. Hogan also shows some of the reason why he had a rooting interest in the thrilling NCAA men's national championship.

In the last 10 minutes I heard John Murphy refer to Hogan as a possible 2nd or 3rd Round Pick... :huh:

He's done so 3 times now...I know the guy takes to all kinds of people about the Draft...Where does this come from? I swear I have not heard Hogan's name come up earlier than the 5th or 6th and I thought I've seen or heard just about everything this year...2nd or 3rd is insanity for Hogan...

Edited by KOKBILLS

In the last 10 minutes I heard John Murphy refer to Hogan as a possible 2nd or 3rd Round Pick... :huh:

He's done so 3 times now...I know the guy takes to all kinds of people about the Draft...Where does this come from? I swear I have not heard Hogan's name come up earlier than the 5th or 6th and I thought I've seen or heard just about everything this year...2nd or 3rd is insanity for Hogan...

His stock has been rising a little bit during the offseason and QBs are usually overvalued. I'm with you, though. Wouldn't take him until the 4th.

2nd or even 3rd round would be too early for him.

Lynch throwing the deep pass in bad weather pro day was impressive. He needs at least 1 or 2 years to develop .

I would be tempted at 19 . Does he have the "it" factor like EJ ? :rolleyes: QB is always a gamble.

Lynch throwing the deep pass in bad weather pro day was impressive. He needs at least 1 or 2 years to develop .

I would be tempted at 19 . Does he have the "it" factor like EJ ? :rolleyes: QB is always a gamble.

I cannot see how he gets by the Rams with Keenum as their current #1 QB.

He's really not good. He's actually worse than EJ as a prospect in my eyes and I didn't like EJ one bit.

Not sure if Gruden's just trying to make a splash, but I've been high on Cook since last year. I wouldn't mind if the Bills drafted him. He's definitely better than Lynch.

@LedyardNFLDraft

Here's my scouting report on the best quarterback in the draft that no one is talking about http://draftwire.usatoday.com/2016/04/07/2016-nfl-draft-scouting-report-arkansas-qb-brandon-allen/

Cfc7DvWUIAAnroO.jpg

As I said a ways back, I can definitely see Allen having a draftable grade. He's decisive, accurate, and a pretty good athlete to boot.

The knocks on him (IMO) are arm strength (particularly on boundary throws) and hand size--the things you can't teach, which is why I think most teams will view him as backup material.