AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mario quitting was solely because it is in him to quit.

If anyone is looking for a scapegoat for anything around here, it is those that readily accept it is OK for Mario Williams to phuck his teammates, coaches, and fans simply because he didn't like what he was asked to do.

Being the best player on the team does not make that acceptable. Indeed, it makes it more comtemptable than it already is. He broke the code.

GO BILLS!!!

Whatever. He has played well enough in his career to get drafted #1 overall, be the most sought after FA once his contract was up, rack up great year after great year....

Subsequently he got lost in the string theory defense that took us from #4 to 20-something, also made Dareus and others look like crap and had produced similar poor results for the past several years in NY. But by all means let's vine a few bad plays and cross our fingers for 2016 with Rex. LOL.

I'm a Bills fan and want them to win. The GOOD news is that they are in Buffalo for good. That really does trump everything. It is just disappointing to know that the next 2 years are going to be crap, we will lose more good players and blame their attitude in 2016 and 17, Whaley will probably have to go down in Rex's tire fire, and we'll start over. I am honestly optimistic that 2018 can be the start of some great things and I look forward to it. I also think Rex will do a great job on CBS or Fox.

I don't think Rex is a good head coach. But it's whistling past the graveyard to say that his defenses aren't historically dominant. In ten seasons running defenses, he has had 4 top-2 rankings, 7 top-6 rankings, and 9 top-12 rankings according to the highly reliable (in my opinion) Football Outsiders.

Let the rebuild begin! ....again.

Maybe we can bring in more guys like IK and Muligan that buy into Rex's scheme. That's what we need!

What we need is a $19M/season player to stop acting like a little B word and play up to his abilities with 100% effort.

Right?!? How do people look past this?

They shouldn't. Bruce took preseasons off and even held out, but he always came to ball for his teammates, often when hurt.

I lauded the Mario signing at the time -- we all did -- but this will be addition by subtraction, to say nothing of the fact that they can get 2-4 decent players hungry to play for the price Mario commands.

Mario quitting was solely because it is in him to quit.

If anyone is looking for a scapegoat for anything around here, it is those that readily accept it is OK for Mario Williams to phuck his teammates, coaches, and fans simply because he didn't like what he was asked to do.

Being the best player on the team does not make that acceptable. Indeed, it makes it more comtemptable than it already is. He broke the code.

GO BILLS!!!

I don't get why it can't be both for some fans, it had to be one or the other. Rex is at fault for a bad defense or Mario Williams gave up.

How about Rex did mess up the defense AND Mario Williams completely gave up on his team. So he didn't like the scheme, that doesn't mean he should give no effort or take plays off. Especially at his salary and for how long he's been in the league. Set an example.

Everyone piles on Mario for not making effort to rush upfield. This has got to be BS! The reason he's not rushing upfield is because he's being asked to spy and play pocket contain to prevent late developing plays out of the backfield. I find it very hard to believe that he can be in the backfield at will one year and then the next year, just not get upfield because he doesn't feel like it or he doesn't like his coaches so he's quitting. He's mad about the scheme because the scheme has him hanging out 2-3 yards down field. Here's not just hanging out down field for fun because that's what he wants to do... Because he WANTS to look bad!

Edited by wakingfane

You'll be fine. Mario is simply playing it out at this point in his career.

And didn't boyst post something about JW being "restricted" by AP from reporting on unnamed sources...only directly players/agents/coaches/FO?

Jw is an old school reporter working for an old school company. He needs two sources to confirm a story from people he would consider to be "in the know." He is not going to print something unless he gets that, and he is not going to name them. Pretty much anyone else covering the Bills is not held to that standard, although guys like Vic whi are beat reporters should be.

I don't get why it can't be both for some fans, it had to be one or the other. Rex is at fault for a bad defense or Mario Williams gave up.

How about Rex did mess up the defense AND Mario Williams completely gave up on his team. So he didn't like the scheme, that doesn't mean he should give no effort or take plays off. Especially at his salary and for how long he's been in the league. Set an example.

This is just about where I am on this whole thing. The contrast in effort with Hughes, who was just as badly misused, is telling.

I don't think Rex is a good head coach. But it's whistling past the graveyard to say that his defenses aren't historically dominant. In ten seasons running defenses, he has had 4 top-2 rankings, 7 top-6 rankings, and 9 top-12 rankings according to the highly reliable (in my opinion) Football Outsiders.

Do you disagree that his scheme has become obsolete, as the recent article posted here suggested?

I have said numerous times that there can be dual realities.

Rex not being a good HC? Check.

Mario openly quitting on his teammates, coaches, and fans? Check.

Here is another possible reality: Mario quitting had more to do with the defensive regression than Ryan's scheme itself.

It is hard NOT to miss one of the best players in the game.

GO BILLS!!!

We got one good, two great and one lousy year out of Mario for $80m. We also got Pettine and Schwartz to want to come he because Mario was here. He made Hughes and Dareus better for three of the four years. We didn't make the playoffs so overall because he basically gave up in retrospect it was a decent but not good or great signing. It did, however, help the defense tremendously overall. This year it hurt them although IMO Rex hurt them more than Mario did.

I have said numerous times that there can be dual realities.

Rex not being a good HC? Check.

Mario openly quitting on his teammates, coaches, and fans? Check.

Here is another possible reality: Mario quitting had more to do with the defensive regression than Ryan's scheme itself.

It is hard NOT to miss one of the best players in the game.

GO BILLS!!!

Yup it's telling that Hughes was asked to drop in coverage and do some things different yet he was always going full speed. Running downfield, making tackles.

Yup it's telling that Hughes was asked to drop in coverage and do some things different yet he was always going full speed. Running downfield, making tackles.

Can't coach character, I guess. That is what those insisting on making this a Mario vs. Rex don't seem to understand.

GO BILLS!!!