AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

@mikerodak

The Associated Press is reporting that the Bills plan to cut DE Mario Williams after this season. Rex Ryan just... http://espn.go.com/espn/now?nowId=21-0474280094509044796-4

Shocking!

@AP_NFL

AP source: Bills planning to cut Mario Williams in offseason http://apne.ws/1mlPP8I

@john_wawrow

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@JeffRussoWKBW

Associated Press via .@john_wawrow reporting #Bills plan to cut DE Mario Williams this off-season #Buffalo

Just a !@#$ing joke. The fact that Rex couldn't figure out how to utilize someone like Mario Williams and we are now getting rid of him.....

We are all in on Rex

At his price, Mario should have been willing to do whatever the Bills asked of him. His attitude all season long has been bush league.

@JeffRussoWKBW

Associated Press via .@john_wawrow reporting #Bills plan to cut DE Mario Williams this off-season #Buffalo

At his price, Mario should have been willing to do whatever the Bills asked of him. His attitude all season long has been bush league.

I agree 26CB. You do whats best for the team not yourself especially at that price tag.

Wow, what a shocker...

I once read a very good management book for work(we all had to read it and once I started reading it I couldn't put i down) that talked about before you can move the bus forward and get the right people on the bus to get it going to where you want to go, you have to get the wrong people off the bus because they can poison the environment and make it impossible for the right people to do their job effectively.

Mario fits the wrong person on the bus to the T, and Kyle Williams fits the right person on the bus to a T, which is why its no surprise he is going to be back if healthy as stated in the article.

IMO, Mario has been a bad influence on Dareus...

There are some serious leaks within this organization which need to be dealt with.

How do you know these aren't intentional "leaks"?

Edited by matter2003

There are some serious leaks within this organization which need to be dealt with.

It's an open and obvious secret that he and the Bills are going to part ways. It's best for all parties concerned given his price, the potential cap space that can be gained, and his bad attitude that has been reflected by his lack of effort.

Edited by 26CornerBlitz

How do you know these aren't intentional "leaks"?

Because that's not how professional organizations announce things.

If it's intentional, then it's amateur hour.

Possibly. Or else this was leaked to remind Mario that his tryout begins Sunday.

You don't treat players like that, and expect to sign new players of any quality. Professionalism is important for an organization.

It's an open and obvious secret that he and the Bills are going to part ways. It's best for all parties concerned given his price, the potential cap space that can be gained, and his bad attitude that has been reflected by his lack of effort.

I agree, but you don't leak it out to the media. You simply part ways once the season has ended after informing the player directly.

It's an open and obvious secret that he and the Bills are going to part ways. It's best for all parties concerned given his price, the potential cap space that can be gained, and his bad attitude that's reflected in his lack of effort.

Lol. Let's cut Sammy too. He complained.

If we get rid of all of the players we have with elite talent, we can't help but be overachievers. I prefer that we keep our talent and get a coach that can utilize it so we can win, but hey overachieving with crap players is another way to go. I wonder if they'd cut Dareus if he were a few years into a contract. Rex isn't get anything out of him either.

Edited by 4merper4mer

Because that's not how professional organizations announce things.

If it's intentional, then it's amateur hour.

You don't treat players like that, and expect to sign new players of any quality. Professionalism is important for an organization.

I agree, but you don't leak it out to the media. You simply part ways once the season has ended after informing the player directly.

Right...because NO other teams EVER have this type of thing happen, right?

Once again, someone trying way, way too hard to show the Bills are somehow way off base from what happens on other teams.

Knowing Wawrow from asking him about journalism and why he and Graham and a few others do not break stories like national guys he had told me that he can only release a story with such information as this when he hears directly from sources involved. He cannot hear it from second hand or rumors.

It is speculative but this has to be coming from Mario, Whaley, rex or someone who has control of making such a movie - which is like 2 or 3 people.

If Wawrow reports it than write it down in sharpie.

Possibly. Or else this was leaked to remind Mario that his tryout begins Sunday.

No. i don't think they'd use wawrow as such

cap savings are much better keeping him until june 1st. we'd save an additional $7mm in cap hit.

Edited by Boyst62