AP Report: Bills Will Release Mario After the Season

26CornerBlitz

If Bellicheat and his band of merry !@#$s made this announcement about a malcontent, they'd be heralded as a no nonsense organization that doesn't tolerate insubordination detrimental to the teams success.

The key word in that sentence is "success." When you've won 4 titles and the division every year, you get the benefit of the doubt.

• Replies 459
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was the criticism of a defense that is based on playing a slow tempo offense, which is less and less today's game.

Go back and read the transcript of the Bills press conference announcing Rex's hire--read only his comments and the word "genius" will never enter your thoughts.

When have they done this?

Did you confuse the word "if" for "when?"

Tell me which of those players up and quits on his teammates, coaches, and fans for the majority of the season and I will gladly tell you which one gets booed.

Seriously though. Isn't this insistence on making this a Rex vs. Mario thing a bit childish?

GO BILLS!!!

Mario was motivated to play for the last several years. If it is so much in his nature to "quit" why didn't he do it last year or right after he cashed his signing bonus? New coach, new system, no ability to communicate that system.....Mario pouts which is on him.....Rex does nothing to fix the issue and the tire fire continues. Rex is a better speaker than Mario so he gradually goes from smelling like a tire fire to smelling like a rose.....but he is still a tire fire.

I have no way of knowing what goes on in the locker room so there is no way to assess the root causes of Mario's attitude this year. I am smart enough to see that Rex had the ingredients for a top 5 defense and turned it into something that looked like the Frankfurt Galaxy.

I just want to see the Bills win. It isn't about Mario or Rex really. When I see 2016 through the lens of having a coach that can't get production from one of the top players in the NFL, it is frustrating. We'll get some scrub with a high motor in there and we'll all be impressed with Rex? No thanks. Let's get some wins.

He'll neither play in NE nor get 15 sacks. I'll wager whatever you please.

After 2017 what are the odds of the fans saying "I wish we had kept Mario for the last 2 years" vs. "I'm glad we had Rex for these last 2 years"?

I can buy the notion that both should be gone if that is what some are selling. I can even buy the theory that it is simply a salary cap thing. I can't agree that he is the cause for this and that Rex is poised to take this defense to the next level. That is simply crazy.

It is the exact reason he was gone in Houston. Mario is a chump- good riddens to a prima donna. He made alot of money to be such a little B word meanwhile we have guys dying in Afganistan and other hot spots. Im happy his ass is gone.

How are these 2 things related?

How about New England almost every season? Albert Haynesworth, a comparable player to Mario at this point, was cut midseason. The whole Milloy thing went down poorly, and tons of other good and formerly good players left the team disgruntled (Seymour, Law, etc.).

IIRC Fat Albert was cut for reasons similar to what 94 should have been cut for. The Bills must be DE starved

Too even suit him up Sunday. He will be useless on the field