Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

Is the GM not to blame for coaches?

Doug Whaley was brought in when they were 6-10

they went 4-12, 6-10, 6-10, 6-10, 9-7, and now 6-8 (now featuring cap trouble)

Its really not that inspiring.

Apparently Whaley had virtually no influence over his first 3 years, was dead set against hiring Rex, and was the mastermind behind the aquisitions of Darby and TT. His record doesn't matter because if Bills fans set the Madden ratings the Bills would have a killer score and that's what being a GM is all about.

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

FYI - Polian is a big fan of Greg Roman. His sons played football with him at John Carroll. Greg was Dave Caldwell's roommate. Caldwell worked for Bill in Indy and is now GM in Jax, and Chris now works for Dave.

They are agendas and one is getting Chris back into a GM job.

Btw they all also played with Josh McDaniels and Nick Caserio - Roman, Chris, Caserio and McDaniels remain close

Edited by YoloinOhio

I too thought Spiller would thrive in New Orleans. I was wrong.

You know who else was wrong? Sean Payton.

The book on Spiller should have been written in his rookie season when Tasker exposed him during the game in Miami for having an outlandishly low football IQ.

I caught flack on this board for relaying that message for years.

Even from some of his detractors.

And even as All-22 after All-22 showed Spiller randomly choosing a path on plays where the hole to take was dictated by the play call and a simple read that every NFL back is expected to be able to make.

The poor fella' is as close to Forest Gump as we've seen in the NFL.

But I had to chuckle at Payton when he signed Spiller knowing full well that they would change NOTHING about that complicated offense to accommodate a RB who couldn't even understand playbooks that were centered around him.

Edited by #BADOL

I can't understand how people can defend any process or employee involved with football in any way at OBD.. it's like Stockholm syndrome.

I don't think he is that bad, bUT whaley has failed as a gm. The results speak loudly. The coaches are not an external factor, they are on him and they are a trainwreck. Botched the qb position again. They actually walked into a season with ej, tuel, and thad lewis.

I've realized that the way we judge everyone here at TBD is by finding flaws. If you have three or more you are a failure at whatever it is you do.

This method is a) an impossible standard for anyone to meet and b) ignores the records of every other person in a similar role. So Whaley's a failure? How do other GMs perform in comparison? (Crickets chirping)

This pretty much deserves its own thread.

"The years since have been a painful oblivion for New York's loyal fan base, watching Rex Ryan go down in flames while Brady's Patriots remain eternally nestled on their comfortable throne."

"Unlike those increasingly tedious Ryan-led teams, this year's Jets are fueled by more than just bluster and hot air. Said Bowles: "We've grown. We're playing together and they trust each other a little more. We have better chemistry."

I hate to admit it, but I'm really gonna be rooting for the Jets.

The only problem is, Fitzpatrick in a critical must-win game is a story which can end very badly.

The book on Spiller should have been written in his rookie season when Tasker exposed him during the game in Miami for having an outlandishly low football IQ.

I caught flack on this board for relaying that message for years.

Even from some of his detractors.

And even as All-22 after All-22 showed Spiller randomly choosing a path on plays where the hole to take was dictated by the play call and a simple read that every NFL back is expected to be able to make.

The poor fella' is as close to Forest Gump as we've seen in the NFL.

But I had to chuckle at Payton when he signed Spiller knowing full well that they would change NOTHING about that complicated offense to accommodate a RB who couldn't even understand playbooks that were centered around him.

I enjoyed this post.

FYI - Polian is a big fan of Greg Roman. His sons played football with him at John Carroll. Greg was Dave Caldwell's roommate. Caldwell worked for Bill in Indy and is now GM in Jax, and Chris now works for Dave.

All the ageist criticism of Whaley's roster reads differently with this information in mind.

Also, if anything in the press can be believed, Whaley wants Roman gone? which would be the antithesis of what Polian would want by these lights. Any issues are all because of those aging, unathletic OLmen. Well that and Tyrod Taylor perhaps.

This pretty much deserves its own thread.

"The years since have been a painful oblivion for New York's loyal fan base, watching Rex Ryan go down in flames while Brady's Patriots remain eternally nestled on their comfortable throne."

"Unlike those increasingly tedious Ryan-led teams, this year's Jets are fueled by more than just bluster and hot air. Said Bowles: "We've grown. We're playing together and they trust each other a little more. We have better chemistry."

I hate to admit it, but I'm really gonna be rooting for the Jets.

The only problem is, Fitzpatrick in a critical must-win game is a story which can end very badly.

Thought about starting one, but there are so many already covering and intersecting the topic.

I'd call it rooting for Fitz from my perspective.

YOLO-FYI - Polian is a big fan of Greg Roman. His sons played football with him at John Carroll. Greg was Dave Caldwell's roommate. Caldwell worked for Bill in Indy and is now GM in Jax, and Chris now works for Dave.

So i'm pretty sure Vic is stirring all of this up for Polian. I think it was Polian who was anti-whaley back when Marrone was here. He wanted his son in as GM. I think this makes sense- who else benefits from continually leaking **** about Whaley. Marrone is gone but it is still happening. I hope Polian goes away. Do you rmbr Vic's first tweet came out of nowhere? IT's almost like he was setting up for this article/drama that it caused. Played really well. I hope Pegula is smarter than this.

Edited by Billschinatown

YOLO-FYI - Polian is a big fan of Greg Roman. His sons played football with him at John Carroll. Greg was Dave Caldwell's roommate. Caldwell worked for Bill in Indy and is now GM in Jax, and Chris now works for Dave.

So i'm pretty sure Vic is stirring all of this up for Polian. I think it was Polian who was anti-whaley back when Marrone was here. He wanted his son in as GM. I think this makes sense- who else benefits from continually leaking **** about Whaley. Marrone is gone but it is still happening. I hope Polian goes away. Do you rmbr Vic's first tweet came out of nowhere? IT's almost like he was setting up for this article/drama that it caused. Played really well. I hope Pegula is smarter than this.

I thought the gouge was Polian wanted AJ Smith as GM (another guy who was great once but)

If DW and Rex are both staying, TP's gotta bring in a czar to make them play nice. We have some serious personnel decisions to make.

No he doesn't and he shouldn't. Another cook in the kitchen on makes the recipe worse. Either stay the course with Whaley and Rex or bring in a totally new regime. No middling!

i don't think there are any reports that they aren't playing nice. The report was about Roman and Whaley.

Well that's tantamount to the same thing. It's Rex's staff. This, and redoing the D to get Rex-type players, I think, will be a bumpy path.

No he doesn't and he shouldn't. Another cook in the kitchen on makes the recipe worse. Either stay the course with Whaley and Rex or bring in a totally new regime. No middling!

Bet he does. Look for some sort of consultant to come in. I think that's how TP thinks.