Twitter rumors about Bills new structure, fate of Rex/Whaley

YoloinOhio

He would be better than what we have now

CBF

He would be just as bad or worse. I remember watching Lions games and they lost a lot of games due to undisciplined players and stupid penalties. Sound familiar?

Schwartz would be cool to bring back as DC, but HC, not no, but hell no.

Edited by reddogblitz

• Replies 645
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Offyourocker, you underestimated the "Rex Factor". Schwartz wouldn't stay and run Rex's scheme (I don't blame him). The good news is, if you ask nicely, Rex might buy the dinner. He can certainly afford it and I think he owes all of us a little something.

He would be just as bad or worse. I remember watching Lions games and they lost a lot of games due to undisciplined players and stupid penalties. Sound familiar?

Schwartz would be cool to bring back as DC, but HC, not no, but hell no.

I've said it before, but with Schwartz as DC and Roman as OC, one of us could be HC. (I'm available for half of what Rex is getting.) All we'd have to do is fire Crossman and find some guy off the street to replace him. It would have to improve. Edited by Augie

The chin was terrible. Ive said this many times on here. My friend is a Steelers fan and we used to watch the Bills and the Steelers every Sunday. The CHIN is a terrible coach.

If he comes here, enjoy more years of Crap!

149-90-1 career regular season record and a super bowl title. How long have you been addicted to heroin and meth? Edited by Billsmovinup

149-90-1 career regular season record and a super bowl title. How long have you been addicted to heroin and meth?

I will say that Cowher was a great coach, but a terrible gameday manager. I think he could squeeze a lot out of his players, but he was one of those guys that on gameday, he mismanaged timeouts and the clock and was generally clueless.

My sense is that in today's NFL, where it seems like sideline management and in-game adjustments are more important, he may not be as effective.

Im thinking that Cowher may be a candidate for team president or "czar". He has stayed in the game covering it so is aware of the evolution of the sport, probably has a lot of contacts, has a lot of credibility, and also has been in a winning program. Maybe this different challenge would be appealing to him... and it also wouldn't require the 20 hour days coaches need to be successful.

He was photographed with Pegula once too so its probably a done deal.

Edited by May Day 10

149-90-1 career regular season record and a super bowl title. How long have you been addicted to heroin and meth?

He ride a LeBeau defense and a fantastic collection of talent to the Superbowl victory. He mostly got out of their way. Which is more than RR can do but Cowher is not one to lift a team above its talent level. Remember creating 'Slash' ?

Broncos are kind if a similar thing?

Ehhh, ok. I'll give it a "close enough" for now. But if that is really the only case, I'm not so confident about bringing in the chin.

Reminds me of what we already tried with Levy.

You'll have Cowher chiming in on draft picks, and coaching. Before long, we have another "GM by committee" situation.

I'd rather just see a re-structure where the HC reports to the GM, and the GM reports to Pegula.

Edited by DrDareustein

Ehhh, ok. I'll give it a "close enough" for now. But if that is really the only case, I'm not so confident about bringing in the chin.

You'll have Cowher chiming in on draft picks, and coaching. Before long, we have another "GM by committee" situation.

I'd rather just see a re-structure where the HC reports to the GM, and the GM reports to Pegula.

To be honest, after calming down, I'm good with the team as is. What needs to be fixed is players not saying they don't know what is going on or where they should be when the ball is snapped. Or calls getting in late. If we can tell...other NFL offenses can too. Fix that and maybe the scheme will work? I.e. Corey Graham and Preston Brown.

To be honest, after calming down, I'm good with the team as is. What needs to be fixed is players not saying they don't know what is going on or where they should be when the ball is snapped. Or calls getting in late. If we can tell...other NFL offenses can too. Fix that and maybe the scheme will work? I.e. Corey Graham and Preston Brown.

I can totally agree with this. Step 1 is getting the players in the right spot with the right assignment.

And it applies to the Offense too. We take way too long to get plays called and lined up.

I can totally agree with this. Step 1 is getting the players in the right spot with the right assignment.

And it applies to the Offense too. We take way too long to get plays called and lined up.

I love Taylor, but we should just put EJ in during the 2 minute drills. He is painfully slow at it. Edited by Billschinatown

I don't think any of the other teams have been as antiquated as the bills with so many 'lifers' who have carved out their spots of influence with little or no leadership for such a long period of time.

We need someone from the outside to cleanse this mothball organization and evaluate every single process and individual involved with what is going on there.

This team has finished in 3rd or 4th in a 4 team division that includes Miami and the jets something like 14 of 16 years... in a league with revenue sharing and a salary cap... they have now taken a large step back looking at where they were last year and the salary cap commitments they now have with 'results'. in terms of winning, who there is worth giving a pass or internal review by those who want to continue or expand the spots they have carved out.

At this point I don't care if it's jerry glanville

Edited by May Day 10

I know it's easy to remember the Czar Failures. Holmgren in Cleveland, Parcells in Miami...

But there has to be an example where a retired, successful HC comes back as a team President or "czar" and it worked, right?

Right? :unsure:

Anyone know of any?

Why does Parcells get negative grades with Miami. Didn't the team go from 1-15 or so to the division winner?

Why does Parcells get negative grades with Miami. Didn't the team go from 1-15 or so to the division winner?

butting in here to say I know from a very good source that Parcells did absolutely nothing in that role and was cashing his paychecks with a ski mask on.

butting in here to say I know from a very good source that Parcells did absolutely nothing in that role and was cashing his paychecks with a ski mask on.

So what you are saying is that Mario pulled a Parcells this year?