Report: Seantrel Henderson Has Crohn's Disease

26CornerBlitz

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If Aaron Chrohner released that to the media to cover his own behind, not only would it be kinda ironic, but also it would be a clear violation of his responsiblities as a coach under the Hypocratic Oath or HYPA laws as they're known colloquially.

EDITED: To misspelled responsabilities on the first cut. LOL

Edited by Jauronimo

If Aaron Chrohner released that to the media to cover his own behind, not only would it be kinda ironic, but also it would be a clear violation of his responsiblities as a coach under the Hypocratic Oath or HYPA laws as they're known colloquially.

:lol::lol:

Crohn's is manageable.

Most crohnies lose a significant amount of weight and 70% will need surgery.

For an o-lineman where over weight is a necessity, this could be an issue in the future. He needs to gain or maintain.

Best of Luck and we hope to see you on the field next year.

Imo

One's age and lifestyle contributes a lot to "Crohns is manageable"

best of luck!

So I don't really post here all that often, just usually read the boards to see how everyone's feeling about the state of our team. However, this thread strikes extra close to home for me, so I felt compelled to post.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 8 years old. Of course, it was extremely difficult when I was first diagnosed and you truly need to stay on top of this disease or it will get out of control. There have been times where I have lost 30+ pounds in a 2.5 week span, so the rapid weight loss does happen and it comes extremely quickly. The point being, this is something that is serious and something that Seantrel will need to take seriously.

HOWEVER, this does not mean it is an end for his NFL career in the slightest. Although I was never a professional athlete, I've played hockey since I was 5 years old and I continue to play to this day. You can go on and live your life normally as long as you keep up to date on your medication and seeing the doctors. I played contact sports my whole life with it. I went to college and drank plenty of beers with it. It is a very aggressive disease, but it can be contained.

I did not post this in an effort to try and turn the tables to talk about myself, but I just wanted to express my own experiences with this disease and just say that it does not mean the end of his career. It is just going to be something that he powers through and gets tougher from, and he will be fine when he comes out on the other side.

Wishing Seantrel nothing but the best, and a speedy recovery. While there is no cure, they will be able to get it under control. Once they do, he will be back to himself in no time. And we need him - we are a better football team with him on the field.

So I don't really post here all that often, just usually read the boards to see how everyone's feeling about the state of our team. However, this thread strikes extra close to home for me, so I felt compelled to post.

I was diagnosed with Crohn's when I was 8 years old. Of course, it was extremely difficult when I was first diagnosed and you truly need to stay on top of this disease or it will get out of control. There have been times where I have lost 30+ pounds in a 2.5 week span, so the rapid weight loss does happen and it comes extremely quickly. The point being, this is something that is serious and something that Seantrel will need to take seriously.

HOWEVER, this does not mean it is an end for his NFL career in the slightest. Although I was never a professional athlete, I've played hockey since I was 5 years old and I continue to play to this day. You can go on and live your life normally as long as you keep up to date on your medication and seeing the doctors. I played contact sports my whole life with it. I went to college and drank plenty of beers with it. It is a very aggressive disease, but it can be contained.

I did not post this in an effort to try and turn the tables to talk about myself, but I just wanted to express my own experiences with this disease and just say that it does not mean the end of his career. It is just going to be something that he powers through and gets tougher from, and he will be fine when he comes out on the other side.

Wishing Seantrel nothing but the best, and a speedy recovery. While there is no cure, they will be able to get it under control. Once they do, he will be back to himself in no time. And we need him - we are a better football team with him on the field.

Thanks for your insight and here's to continued good health for you.

thank you for posting!

My mother has Crohns, feel lucky to have missed it so far. One surgery about thirty years ago, lots of yoga and dietary restrictions. No drugs, though marijuana helps her a great deal. That almost certainly isn't an option for Henderson because the NFL is a primitive reactionary cult.

can players use it with a prescription?

I too have had Crohn's Disease for about 25 years now. The one thing I can tell everyone for certain is that there is a DRASTIC difference between a mild and severe case of the illness. I have been incredibly fortunate for the most part (KNOCK ON WOOD) to the point that most of my friends don't even know I have it. As for the person who said that he can't drink anymore, ha, I'm glad that's not the case. Alcohol has absolutely nothing to do with Crohn's whatsoever. 20 years ago they would say, here's what you can't eat and here's what you should eat. As we've learned more about it, the fact of the matter is that everybody's case is different. For instance, 20 years ago, they would tell you that the number one thing to avoid in the entire spectrum of food is popcorn. Doesn't bother me at all. What bothers me and most people I've met with Crohn's more than anything is gluten. But again, everybody is different. As far as managing it is concerned, that is a tricky word because everyone with Crohn's will go through stretches where they can eat whatever they want and nothing will bother them and then I'll go through stretches where water can make me bloated. When it wants to get ya, it's gonna get ya. But yeah, exercise, drink a lot of water and keep your fingers crossed.

Good stuff. Yeah anyone can google all the athletes and celebrities who have it. The list will surprise you. It's rare that I meet anyone who, when I tell them I have it, doesn't know someone else who has had it. I am 36 and have been pretty much fine (AGAIN, KNOCK ON WOOD) my whole adult life- or the exact ages that professional athletes typically play so if I were good enough to play in the NFL, it wouldn't really have affected me at all. I definitely would have missed a few practices here or there and probably would have had to run to the locker room during a few games but other than that, it wouldn't have made a huge difference. But again, everybody is different. The worst part of it is the part that Henderson is going through right now. Once they get it under control (I would assume with prednisone initially) then they can see what long term meds might work for him and he'll figure it out.

20 pounds is a lot for someone to lose when they are already pretty much freak athletic shape.

I have been VERY critical of SH this year......I think this might explain some things wish we had known sooner I would have backed off him

something to consider when criticizing others. Not you so much but in general to all folks. like the car that drives so slow in the passing lane we tailgate and flash our highbeams for.

People got stuff going on we never know about.

Until we know about it.

i think its HIPA

Damned fine post. and certainly glad you have had the opportunity to live a a full life.

Have a work buddy who has struggled diligently.

Its no small task Maryland !!

C'mon Hendy. get right!