2 plays to get 8 yards...

LabattBlue

...and they throw the ball 30 yards down the field, intercepted, GAME OVER, SEASON OVER!

Dumb play call and an even worse decision by the QB to throw it into double coverage.

:censored::censored::censored:

It is a flaw in Tyrod's decision making. He often kills drives by gambling on a shot downfield instead of taking the shorter throw.

On that occasion, I think he threw it to avoid the sack. IIRC, He got smacked as he was pulling the trigger. IMO, the O-lline cost us more than TT or Roman, although Roman seems to regress badly during the fourth quarter.

Certainly too much easier to complete the long pass in the 2nd quarter when teams have to respect short gains. That is the biggest worry I have in TT completions of 5 to 20 yards. But with only 11 games starting, certainly willing to give him another year to see if he can learn that himself.

It is a flaw in Tyrod's decision making. He often kills drives by gambling on a shot downfield instead of taking the shorter throw.

On that occasion, I think he threw it to avoid the sack. IIRC, He got smacked as he was pulling the trigger. IMO, the O-lline cost us more than TT or Roman, although Roman seems to regress badly during the fourth quarter.

ROLL HIM OUT and he gets it on foot.

I'm working on getting banned on this theme.

See: Bridgewater loss and same LOSING score

I don't care if I never see TT roll out again. His accuracy is horrible on the run and I've seen way more botched plays when they do this than successful ones. The D has caught him at the edge a lot when he's attempted to get the first via the run on a roll out. If they want TT to run the best way to do it is breaking contain from the pocket.

I don't care if I never see TT roll out again. His accuracy is horrible on the run and I've seen way more botched plays when they do this than successful ones. The D has caught him at the edge a lot when he's attempted to get the first via the run on a roll out. If they want TT to run the best way to do it is breaking contain from the pocket.

Point out the play in today's game where he rolled out BY DESIGN and it wasn't good.

Maybe beside the point and also a crazy idea, but do you think that was why it was overthrown? Woods can't get down the field like Sammy?

I didn't like how Woods didn't even try to make a play on the ball. He had a chance to break that up. It was very weird.

Didn't seem to bother him a minute after their season essentially ended:

CWIsqJ0VEAA0N7T.jpg

24 hours later, and that last sequence of plays(especially 3rd and 4th down) still has me pissed off.

The previous series, where we started with about 3:30 left in the game was what started to piss me off.

Down by 3, plenty of time and all 3 timeouts, should be a drive that ends the game in either a tie (FG) or win (TD).

First step would've been to get the clock, and McCoy, RUNNING.

But instead we passed 3 times and went 3 and out. Oh, Tyrod did run for a 1st but it was negated by a penalty.

Scared, desperate play calling instead of sticking to (or even developing) our identity.

But..but..but.....they have to try to get the ball to Sammy!!!

This. Instead of trying to win football games it seems that Roman has really concentrated on throwing more to Sammy Watkins. Sometimes it has worked, but they are calling his number in some odd situations and it has hurt them. This was a classic example of the wrong play call for the situation. Not because of the INT but because it was a very high risk play in a game that they only needed a FG to tie. I would have given it to Shady and then given it to him again and again. If he couldn't get eight yards on three carries, then so be it.

Our passing game is ultimately feast or famine. There doesn't seem to be a whole lot of methodical marching involved, its go big or go home.

This in a nutshell and it really helps us put more description about what the Bills offense is and is not. In games where their offense is scoring a bunch of points and the defense is doing their job, it doesn't really matter that it's the big plays getting it done. Whether you have a 3 and out on a series here or there is irrelevant. In a situation where the Bills have basically ONE opportunity to get the ball in FG range to tie the game, they can't do it. Opposing defenses aren't giving up the big play because they know that the only way for the Bills to move the ball is to do exactly that. To boot, Roman is too stubborn and/or too stupid to call something different. Where's the slant routes that take advantage of Sammy's ability to get separation? Non-existent. It's either a bubble screen right at the line of scrimmage, or a bomb downfield on fly pattern. It's futile when it needs to be potent.

Edited by Luxy312

I didn't like how Woods didn't even try to make a play on the ball. He had a chance to break that up. It was very weird.

CWIsqJ0VEAA0N7T.jpg

This. He didn't even make an attempt on the ball and then he's laughing it up with the opponents after the game. Woods needs to go. He is part of the losing mentality and not part of the solution.

This. Instead of trying to win football games it seems that Roman TAYLOR has really concentrated on throwing more to Sammy Watkins. Sometimes it has worked, but they are calling his number in some odd situations and it has hurt them. This was a classic example of the wrong play call for the situation. Not because of the INT but because it was a very high risk play in a game that they only needed a FG to tie. I would have given it to Shady and then given it to him again and again. If he couldn't get eight yards on three carries, then so be it.

FTFY. Plays are not called to specific WRs. They can try to setup certain guys for 1-on-1 coverage, but it is on the QB to decide where the ball is thrown. And lately, Taylor has stopped looking past his 1st option. Whether it be Sammy, Woods, Clay, or whoever.

I got that picture off of a twitter. I didn't take it..........But, I could have because I saw it - most guys are pretty somberly walking off the field or whatever and I caught that and rewound. Holy crap - he was laughing like he was at a comedy club. This was immediately after the loss of the season, and a few minutes after he just let the ball get intercepted without doing a thing about it.

I've actually liked him until this.

CWIsqJ0VEAA0N7T.jpg

Good thing Shady didn't see this, he might have punched him.

i couldn't disagree more about your line comments. Most of the day he had a clean pocket. He killed consecutive drives with poor decisions. Unfortunately for us they were the 2 most important thrid downs of the game.

Guys laugh on the field with opponents after losses all the time. That's the NFL these days. It's not solely a Buffalo Bills or Robert Woods thing. Wins or losses probably matter more to some guys than others. I won't deny that. However, everyone gets paid regardless. The post game happiness doesn't bother me. It's part of the game. It's just something we have to deal with. I don't really care for it either. That being said, Woods has just been awful this year.

Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

Guys laugh on the field with opponents after losses all the time. That's the NFL these days. It's not solely a Buffalo Bills or Robert Woods thing. Wins or losses probably matter more to some guys than others. I won't deny that. However, everyone gets paid regardless. The post game happiness doesn't bother me. It's part of the game. It's just something we have to deal with. I don't really care for it either. That being said, Woods has just been awful this year.

He has not been good. Couple that with the way he acted his rookie season with Ej and i am just not a fan of his.

I agree, but this just stood out. I mean he couldn't have looked happier and it was right after the Bills are done for the year. Not a minute later...........I looked up the guy who he was with, and said OK, if he was a USC teammate maybe I can see this, but he wasn't.