Predict What The Bills Will Look Like in 5 years

UBBullsfan

Terry Pegula has a lot of money, but he might not spend it at as high of a clip as he is right now. So I think you will no longer see them massively overpay for players like they did this past offseason (Charles Clay).

​I know there are parallels between Tyrod Taylor and Mike Vick in terms of their college teams and general playing style, but I will draw one more parallel today: I don't see Tyrod reaching the ultimate level just like Vick never reached the ultimate level. Vick made it deep into the playoffs a couple times, but his skill set is not quite good enough to win a superbowl. I think the Bills will extend Tyrod but after 3 to 4 years they end up drafting a QB in the first round.

​I think Aaron Williams and one other Bill (Karlos Williams?) will retire early. I think the San Fran linebacker this past year will mark the beginning of a small trend in the NFL of players retiring early to protect their health.

I think in 2 years the Bills defense will be dominant, once Rex has time to assemble players that are ideal for his scheme. It's tough to do that in one year. Right now our safeties are very bad and basically need a wholesale change (although Rambo looks like he might have a high ceiling).

Patriots will be written normally, and their 25 fans who still care after Brady retires will write Bills* because they are bitter and hate that the Bills will have crushed them annually and won 2 Super Bowls with Rex.

Their only solace will be "yeah, well we would have beaten them with Brady and Belichick in their primes! We were the best ever! Talk about the 2000's Patriots teams! wahhhhh!"

Terry Pegula has a lot of money, but he might not spend it at as high of a clip as he is right now. So I think you will no longer see them massively overpay for players like they did this past offseason (Charles Clay).

​I know there are parallels between Tyrod Taylor and Mike Vick in terms of their college teams and general playing style, but I will draw one more parallel today: I don't see Tyrod reaching the ultimate level just like Vick never reached the ultimate level. Vick made it deep into the playoffs a couple times, but his skill set is not quite good enough to win a superbowl. I think the Bills will extend Tyrod but after 3 to 4 years they end up drafting a QB in the first round.

​I think Aaron Williams and one other Bill (Karlos Williams?) will retire early. I think the San Fran linebacker this past year will mark the beginning of a small trend in the NFL of players retiring early to protect their health.

I think in 2 years the Bills defense will be dominant, once Rex has time to assemble players that are ideal for his scheme. It's tough to do that in one year. Right now our safeties are very bad and basically need a wholesale change (although Rambo looks like he might have a high ceiling).

I don't see the parelels between Vick and Taylor as much as you do. The only similarity that concerns me is the ability to stay healthy. Vick and Taylor are both small by QB standards. Therefore they are apt to injuries. That's my biggest concern with Taylor. TT has already displayed far more thorwing ability at this stage in his career than Vick did. Vick completly built his career on running, and occasionally finding an open reciever. Taylor looks to throw first. That being said Taylor may not be Super Bowl caliber, but who knows? We'd all take a deep run in the playoffs over the next five years. So if he can do for us what Vick did for Atlanta we'd all take it. Also there is no way I see Aaron Williams retiring for health reasons. Trust me, he's not that type of player. That type of move just wouldn't be in his nature. Edited by DriveFor1Outta5

The uniforms will have some combination of red, white and blue, The Ralph will be near its end of life with no new stadium in sight....we'll be celebrating the fact that the team finally made the playoffs, though they're eliminated in the first round....

Edited by chaccof

If Tyrod keeps taking hits and if his career mimics that of Vick then he will have 2-3 good years and then quickly decline as he gets slower and can't make plays with his legs anymore. In 5 years he might be toast and he will be grossly overpaid making in the range of $20 mil per. So hopefully between now and then we get lucky in the draft and get the next great pocket passer which will set us up for the next 10-15 years. If they figure they have their QB and stop drafting guys to develop then they will be making a huge mistake

If Tyrod keeps taking hits and if his career mimics that of Vick then he will have 2-3 good years and then quickly decline as he gets slower and can't make plays with his legs anymore. In 5 years he might be toast and he will be grossly overpaid making in the range of $20 mil per. So hopefully between now and then we get lucky in the draft and get the next great pocket passer which will set us up for the next 10-15 years. If they figure they have their QB and stop drafting guys to develop then they will be making a huge mistake

The only thing Vick and TT have in common is being black QB's in the NFL. You never really watched Vick his first few years. TT is a much better passer than Vick ever was.

TT is a better Jeff Garcia in his best couple seasons. Let's hope TT progress way beyond that !