Philidelphia Eagles Message Boards?

So, I like to check out the opposing teams message boards each week... for whatever reason, I cannot find a decent board for the Eagles. Yes, I Google but the options suck. Whichvdo you use?

thanks

There's that PhilaDehlia chick who's been mentioned before. More of a video blogger

Edited by NOVABillsFan

So, I like to check out the opposing teams message boards each week... for whatever reason, I cannot find a decent board for the Eagles. Yes, I Google but the options suck. Whichvdo you use?

thanks

I think what you're running into is a manifestation of the literacy problem with Philadelphia sports fans.

i looked at one of them the other day and it appears they are mega obsessed with the Cowboys more than anything Edited by YoloinOhio

He was making a joke because we do it with the ***Pats

it was different - we have 1 Brady thread and countless Eagles threads on the first page. They had one Bills thread and countless Cowboys threads when I looked. It was just an observation I thought interesting. Edited by YoloinOhio

reddit.com/r/eagles

Also, you guys should check out reddit.com/r/buffalobills I like the up vote system reddit utilizes. It allows me to read the best comments on top and weed out the crap.

Interesting first post. :thumbdown:

...because this website plans to compete with reddit?

I don't know what that means, but if you are asking me if it is polite to make your first post in a community about how everyone should go somewhere else - I would say that it is not. But that's just me. You may feel different.

I don't know what that means, but if you are asking me if it is polite to make your first post in a community about how everyone should go somewhere else - I would say that it is not. But that's just me. You may feel different.

The entire purpose of the original post was asking where to find an Eagles message board, was it not? I'm a fellow Bills fan trying to help and I enjoy this board a ton, just haven't decided to post until today.

Don't worry. I am a reddit regular. They are a loooonnnnggg way off on quality and quantity of content. I'm subscribed to r/bills and there is nothing there that hasn't already been discussed at length here. Also the average age over there I would imagine is teens.

So, I like to check out the opposing teams message boards each week... for whatever reason, I cannot find a decent board for the Eagles. Yes, I Google but the options suck. Which do you use?

thanks

I was doing the same thing yesterday and could not find one single Eagles message board that was talking about the bills game. It seemed like most of them were not updated or somethin. I have been on many other teams message boards and this billsdaily site definitely has the best one.

The entire purpose of the original post was asking where to find an Eagles message board, was it not? I'm a fellow Bills fan trying to help and I enjoy this board a ton, just haven't decided to post until today.

No worries. It just wasn't the best entrance. :) Welcome and thanks for registering.

Don't worry. I am a reddit regular. They are a loooonnnnggg way off on quality and quantity of content. I'm subscribed to r/bills and there is nothing there that hasn't already been discussed at length here. Also the average age over there I would imagine is teens.

Ha. I'm not worried. It's just a pet peeve. It's all good.

Since I'm new here I'll introduce myself. Die hard Bills fan from NYC. Although I didn't get to see many of the glory years in the 90's I like to watch the old games and they still excite me. My favorite player ever is Jim Kelly. The earliest season I can remember watching was the 1996 season. I vividly remember the playoff game against Jacksonville where Kelly got knocked out of the game and how upset I was. I really feel like the Bills are going to turn it around soon. The new ownership has me excited and I think DW is a hell of a GM. GO BILLS!

Yeah, I don't think he intended to say "!@#$ this place, you guys really need to be over here." He posted in a thread about other message boards by mentioning the largest (English-speaking) one on the planet. To the other poster's point, there are things this place crushes reddit on. But otherwise, it's reddit. It's massive and really not in the same league as a niche site like this one.

Since I'm new here I'll introduce myself. Die hard Bills fan from NYC. Although I didn't get to see many of the glory years in the 90's I like to watch the old games and they still excite me. My favorite player ever is Jim Kelly. The earliest season I can remember watching was the 1996 season. I vividly remember the playoff game against Jacksonville where Kelly got knocked out of the game and how upset I was. I really feel like the Bills are going to turn it around soon. The new ownership has me excited and I think DW is a hell of a GM. GO BILLS!

Welcome. I was at that game. It was painful to watch. I feel like the Bills are turning corner as a franchise, even if we don't make it around this year. The new owner with deep pockets, better drafting of recent and willingness for quality free agents to come to WNY point to a bright future. Also, Tom Brady can't have too much more time ahead of him.

:lol:

You actually think Eagles fans are capable of doing what we do here? Never. I'll sum up Eagles message boards for you: if the scoreboard says they won? Everybody in the organization is F'ing awesome, and everybody else in the NFL sucks(no reasons given). If it says they lose? Everybody in the organization should be fired, traded/cut, and the owner should sell the team(also no reasons given).

Yes, and the Cowboys suck. This year, when the Eagles have a chance to suck less than the Cowboys, is like nirvana...because they might actually be "right", for a change.

You can't talk football with these people. You can talk players, but once again, only in black/white terms. You can't talk stats or playcalling or Xs and Os. If you try to engage them in any of that dialouge...all you're going to get is name calling, mostly having to do with being gay/liking male body parts.

You can forget about the draft. These people booed taking McNabb. I was living in Philly at the time. It was chaos, and a race to the idiot bottom, every day, all the time.

Welcome to the Board Someguy.

Don't be a stranger, and hope you have some good posts for us to consider.

Go Bills!!

Ok, now i just read your second post. that was a sad day seeing JK carted off the field with I believe a concussion with that awful face, and the headline from one of the papers was "End of An Era".

Thankfully we drafted Todd Collins. Small reprieve with Flutie, but then we had Rob Johnson, and so on, and so on, and so on. I'm sorry you didn't get to live through the glory years, and before that, Feguson, and Joe Cribbs along with Knox, and before my time was Coochie, Jack Kemp, and the 60's Bills.

This is a great franchise that is not what you hear on ESPN. I'm hopeful TT, and company can start to bring it back. Watch thsi 30 for 30 movie this weekend. You'll get a good depiction of how much closeness those teams had to the fans.

Anyway, start posting bud and have a thick skin when needed.

Huh. Constant carping about a division rival with way more success over the years? What a bunch of losers.

too funny

indeed, those were great years to be a Bills fan. I'm eager to watch the 30 for 30 special on ESPN.

You actually think Eagles fans are capable of doing what we do here? Never. I'll sum up Eagles message boards for you: if the scoreboard says they won? Everybody in the organization is F'ing awesome, and everybody else in the NFL sucks(no reasons given). If it says they lose? Everybody in the organization should be fired, traded/cut, and the owner should sell the team(also no reasons given).

So exactly like this forum?

So exactly like this forum?

80% of this forum can answer the question: "What is down blocking?"

You're lucky if 5% of the Eagles boards even try to answer the question. 90% will say something...about grabbing sacks. :lol: And of course the remaining 5% at least will make some irrelevant point about the Cowboys, no matter what question you ask.

So, no. Not exactly. Not even close. I get that things can get stupid around here. If anybody gets that, I do, and I usually do something about it. But, it's like with measuring temperature. Their degree of stupidity requires that we create something akin to Kelvin to measure it.

Edited by OCinBuffalo

Yes, and the Cowboys suck. This year, when the Eagles have a chance to suck less than the Cowboys, is like nirvana...because they might actually be "right", for a change.

You can't talk football with these people. You can talk players, but once again, only in black/white terms. You can't talk stats or playcalling or Xs and Os. If you try to engage them in any of that dialouge...all you're going to get is name calling, mostly having to do with being gay/liking male body parts.

You can forget about the draft. These people booed taking McNabb. I was living in Philly at the time. It was chaos, and a race to the idiot bottom, every day, all the time.

Here is your #1 Philly Fan right here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FLhJgW6NHOU . You are absouletly right

One thing I've noticed from the media and fans in Philly is they haven't watched much or any of the Bills this year. They haven't mentioned anyone but McCoy and don't really seem to know anything about Taylor other than they don't think he's a threat to throw to the outside WRs (who they also don't know other than saying they aren't a good group). No I'm not saying they should watch the Bills or that the Bills are a team that fans of other teams know. But it's just a dichotomy with our fan base, many of us can name the entire starting lineup of the Eagles, their strengths and weaknesses, and stats. lol

One thing I've noticed from the media and fans in Philly is they haven't watched much or any of the Bills this year. They haven't mentioned anyone but McCoy and don't really seem to know anything about Taylor other than they don't think he's a threat to throw to the outside WRs (who they also don't know other than saying they aren't a good group). No I'm not saying they should watch the Bills or that the Bills are a team that fans of other teams know. But it's just a dichotomy with our fan base, many of us can name the entire starting lineup of the Eagles, their strengths and weaknesses, and stats. lol

Like in many other markets, their media and fans are notoriously myopic when it comes to their knowledge of the NFL. They know IGGLES and that's about it beyond maybe NFC Least rivals.