Bills Release Mulligan and Promote O'Leary

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

can O'leary go to the the Bills and say X team wants to sign me to the 53, if you do i will stay? And by can he, i mean is that acceptable practice ...honor amongst thieves and all that.

also, does he have PS eligibility left?

Funny timing as Mulligan had a pretty good day against the Texans blocking, and drew the double on Clays TD

That should have gotten Romeo canned, not Mulligan.

Regarding your question that's basically how the Bills ended up with Chandler. The Bills sniffed after a cowboys PS TE, they elevated him to the roster and exposed Chandler.

I've been wondering since the season started why Mulligan was on the roster. For someone who is useless as a skill player and is supposedly there to block, he was been pretty bad at that. Missed a number of key blocks this year and some very costly penalties.

That should have gotten Romeo canned, not Mulligan.

Regarding your question that's basically how the Bills ended up with Chandler. The Bills sniffed after a cowboys PS TE, they elevated him to the roster and exposed Chandler.

Yup. It was Martin Rucker. He was on the PS and the Cowboys had Chandler on the active 53. Nix tried to sign Rucker off their PS so the Cowboys signed Rucker instead and released Chandler, whom the Bills then claimed on waivers. Nix joked that he really wanted Chandler all along although he would really have no idea which of the two the Cowboys wanted and would have taken Rucker who had some upside, or so it was thought, at that time.

i did not watch all 22 or the game again but i did see Mulligan get abused once and it caused the Bills to lose a big chunk of yards.

Are you sure that wasn't Gragg who got run over by Clowney on his way to sacking TT?

GO BILLS!!!

I've been wondering since the season started why Mulligan was on the roster. For someone who is useless as a skill player and is supposedly there to block, he was been pretty bad at that. Missed a number of key blocks this year and some very costly penalties.

He's on the roster because he's both a blocking TE and the backup long snapper.

They brought in Ryan Groy, who played a few snaps as the 6th blocker on Sunday, and can also long snap in the event that Sanborn gets hurt covering punts.

Hence Mulligan's departure.

It may indeed be that another team showed interest, but I think the Bills get a chance to promote him and keep him even after he gets an offer?

They do if he and his agent want to stay. But it's not like right of first refusal. Whichever offer is the best the player and agent can choose. If they just just sniffs and not solid offers yet, the Bills can make him an offer to bring him up and chances are he would take it.