Trump Alone at the Top

Many fearful people believe Trump will do what he said on the campaign. They don't really know which campaign statements were just bluster. Following through on those campaign promises could impact them or their friends and family in a very negative way. You can stand back and say these people are crybabies but if you were in their shoes I suspect you might feel the same fears.

His supporters don't really care what was said on the campaign. Many supporters seem to think he will only actually do the things that they want him to do. It's a sort of selective faith, imo.

Personally, what I fear about a Trump presidency is that I don't foresee enough checks on his potential actions. He is surrounding himself with his most loyal supporters. If you recall, supporting Trump early on was seen as a bit crazy. Now you may say they were smarter than most because they saw the underlying genius in Trump but I would say, no, they really are a bit crazy. Do you recall seeing those surrogates during the campaign?

And, they are loyal, very loyal, maybe, imo, too loyal to stand up to a Trump if he were ever in the wrong. Trump seems to have most Republicans squarely under his thumb. If the Repubs have the (future) court, the Senate, and the House, and his cabinet is comprised of Trump loyalists, who will check Trump if he gets out of line?

Many fearful people believe Trump will do what he said on the campaign. They don't really know which campaign statements were just bluster. Following through on those campaign promises could impact them or their friends and family in a very negative way. You can stand back and say these people are crybabies but if you were in their shoes I suspect you might feel the same fears.

His supporters don't really care what was said on the campaign. Many supporters seem to think he will only actually do the things that they want him to do. It's a sort of selective faith, imo.

Personally, what I fear about a Trump presidency is that I don't foresee enough checks on his potential actions. He is surrounding himself with his most loyal supporters. If you recall, supporting Trump early on was seen as a bit crazy. Now you may say they were smarter than most because they saw the underlying genius in Trump but I would say, no, they really are a bit crazy. Do you recall seeing those surrogates during the campaign?

And, they are loyal, very loyal, maybe, imo, too loyal to stand up to a Trump if he were ever in the wrong. Trump seems to have most Republicans squarely under his thumb. If the Repubs have the (future) court, the Senate, and the House, and his cabinet is comprised of Trump loyalists, who will check Trump if he gets out of line?

If the election of a President, any President, makes you feel this way, then perhaps it's time to revisit limits of Presidential power, yes?

Perhaps it's time to consider how dumb it was to support "pen and phone" type statements?

Or perhaps Democrats simply believed their own bull ****, and honestly thought they owned electoral math forever, never truely considering the fact that the powers they had awarded themselves would ever be used against them.

You reap what you sow.

What were you anticipating then with a Clinton presidency? The Clinton Machine has been seeding their own people throughout the government for at least 23 years.

Trump is relatively starting from scratch.

I'm fearful that Trump will NOT do as he stated on the campaign. Also, you are dead wrong about the people he has been and will choose for government positions. Nicky Haley anyone?

Nikki Haley, yup, that is one that didn't support him throughout. Let's see how many more 'outsiders' he ends up appointing. Looks like Romney's getting shown the door.

So, Independent voters like me are responsible for Obama using Executive Actions? Interesting conclusion there. Just so I know in case it ever happens again, how should I have stopped him? Will that work for me to stop Trump if he uses Executive Actions?

And, now we all need to pay for that Obama 'mistake' by allowing Trump to do anything he chooses - legal or illegal? No? Then who will stand up to him? McCain maybe but I haven't seen anyone else with the necessary integrity. Have you?

Right. But you were happy as a pig in sh it with the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rahm Emanuel, Valery Jarrett, Van Jones, and Al Sharpton advising B O and pushing back on his unbridled anti-Constitutional plans - amirite?

The shoe is on the other foot now. Time to grow up and learn a lesson. An autocratic President doesn't seem like such a great idea now, does it?

Right. But you were happy as a pig in sh it with the likes of Nancy Pelosi, Harry Reid, Rahm Emanuel, Valery Jarrett, Van Jones, and Al Sharpton advising B O and pushing back on his unbridled anti-Constitutional plans - amirite?

The shoe is on the other foot now. Time to grow up and learn a lesson. An autocratic President doesn't seem like such a great idea now, does it?

amirite? No, you are not. Why would you assume that? You know nothing about my political background but why let that stop your narrative, eh?.

Grow up and learn a lesson? lol As I asked before, what should I have done to stop Obama?

not really an answer to either of my questions

- what should I as an Independent have done to stop Obama's exec actions?

- who will stand up to Trump if his plans are unethical?

Who cares about Obama he'll be history in two months. What do you imagine Trump will do that will be unethical?

So in other words, business as usual. Nothing to see here. Nothing to worry about. Or, take it up with your Congressman and Senators. They represent all the people you live near. Make THEM do "something" about "it."

Alternatively, one could crawl up into the fetal position or hold one's breath till past the pass out state or even join your kin in the streets and break some windows and set some thing afire to relieve the pent up frustration and tension and fear you're plagued with.

Then again, there's always PPP.

So in other words, business as usual. Nothing to see here. Nothing to worry about. Or, take it up with your Congressman and Senators. They represent all the people you live near. Make THEM do "something" about "it."

Alternatively, one could crawl up into the fetal position or hold one's breath till past the pass out state or even join your kin in the streets and break some windows and set some thing afire to relieve the pent up frustration and tension and fear you're plagued with.

Then again, there's always PPP.

Or he could play with some Play-Doh...but the stoner'd probably just end up eating it.

Probably easier to attack that question from the other direction. I think he will pardon next year's Thanksgiving turkey and, uh, um, well....hmmm. Guess that's it

Yes, it's either he does unethical things by this time next Turkey Day...or nothing. :rolleyes:

Nikki Haley, yup, that is one that didn't support him throughout. Let's see how many more 'outsiders' he ends up appointing. Looks like Romney's getting shown the door.

So, Independent voters like me are responsible for Obama using Executive Actions? Interesting conclusion there. Just so I know in case it ever happens again, how should I have stopped him? Will that work for me to stop Trump if he uses Executive Actions?

And, now we all need to pay for that Obama 'mistake' by allowing Trump to do anything he chooses - legal or illegal? No? Then who will stand up to him? McCain maybe but I haven't seen anyone else with the necessary integrity. Have you?

Ah, another "independent voter" speaks out as you simultaneously swallow #44's ejaculated nonsense. Frankly speaking, you are not worth discussing anything with. I don't argue with drunks either.

Ah, another "independent voter" speaks out as you simultaneously swallow #44's ejaculated nonsense. Frankly speaking, you are not worth discussing anything with. I don't argue with drunks either.

I agree, you should not be a part of this conversation. Thank you for excusing yourself. I, for one, sincerely appreciate that.