Trump Alone at the Top

If Bernie doesn't win the nomination and runs as 3rd party vs Hillary and Trump, I think he'd have a pretty darn good chance of winning. It seems a LOT of people hate Trump and a LOT of people hate Hillary. And a LOT of people hate both.

I'm hoping this happens and Bernie wins. Screw you Demicans and Rupublicrats. POWER to the people for a change.

Bernie will never run as an independent because Wasserman-Schultz will have him killed before she lets anyone stand in Hillary's way.

They have to raise a ridiculous amount of money every day ($2,300 a day for Congressmen, $14,000 a day as Senators) just to be relevant and re-electable -- that just doesn't leave time in the day for them to listen to anything but big money donors and results in a very myopic view of the issues facing every day Americans.

A Senator may be too busy to read the National Intelligence Estimate before voting to attack another country for example.

http://www.dailykos.com/story/2008/2/3/448804/-

I don't think he intended on doing this well when he entered the race, so your gut may be right that he doesn't want to be president. Though his ego is so big I do think it's possible he started off that way then let his ego take over once he started to do well.

But I'm with you. I think his campaign is theater designed to unravel Hilary's opponents and make her appear to be the moderate choice.

I said that months ago: his campaign is a marketing gimmick gone out of control. At some point, he realized that people were taking him seriously, and didn't know what to do.

And wouldn't it be the best troll ever that, as soon as he gets enough delegates, he comes out and says "yeah, I wasn't actually serious."

I said that months ago: his campaign is a marketing gimmick gone out of control. At some point, he realized that people were taking him seriously, and didn't know what to do.

And wouldn't it be the best troll ever that, as soon as he gets enough delegates, he comes out and says "yeah, I wasn't actually serious."

Pretty much the same thought I had when he was "interested" in buying the bills.

I honestly think he miscalculated. He tried to make outrageous claims in the beginning of this campaign to committ political suicide and basically eliminate himself without having to withdraw and lose face. But..... His miscalculation was that his rhetoric actually took hold and resonated with millions of very angry fed up Americans and his support increased exponentially.

Here's what the pundits are either to blind to see or don't want to admit regarding his popularity with the voters:

- tells the truth about Iraq war...they're the ones getting killed, they realise they need better answers than the government, and compliant and complicit mainstream media offers

- has a successful business record, can get things done , unlike career politicians

- will protect our interests when dealing with supposed "allies", like getting NATO members to pay their fair share

- will protect our borders ...other countries build walls, why can't we?

- can work with foreign leaders like Putin, instead of getting schooled by them

- won't be a complete tool of special interest money like Hilary

- an even hand on Israel and Palestinians

- will clean out a bunch of hacks in the various federal departments and agencies

- is not a kooky idealogue like Cruz, who puts the Bible on par with the Constitution when making political decisions

- is a strong and frequent communicator

Edited by truth on hold

Here's what the pundits are either to blind to see or don't want to admit regarding his popularity with the voters:

- tells the truth about Iraq war...they're the ones getting killed, they realise they need better answers than the government and compliant and complicit mainstream media offers

- has a successful business record, can get things done , unlike career politicians

- will protect our interests when dealing with supposed "allies", like getting NATO members to pay their fair share

- will clean out a bunch of hacks in the various federal departments and agencies

You're a blithering idiot.

- tells the truth about Iraq war...they're the ones getting killed, they realise they need better answers than the government, and compliant and complicit mainstream media offers

- an even hand on Israel and Palestinians

- is not a kooky idealogue like Cruz, who puts the Bible on par with the Constitution when making political decisions

I'm sorry. Who is this about again??

You're a blithering idiot.

I can't wait until the Trumpettes claiming he isn't tied to political money see what happens when Trump gets the nomination and the networks suddenly stop carrying his rallies for free.

He'll be taking money from everyone but Hillary.

I can't wait until the Trumpettes claiming he isn't tied to political money see what happens when Trump gets the nomination and the networks suddenly stop carrying his rallies for free.

He'll be taking money from everyone but Hillary.

If he gets the nomination, his rallies will be getting even more air time because he'll be the only game in town. The over-saturation of news networks/airtime ensures it.

If he gets the nomination, his rallies will be getting even more air time because he'll be the only game in town. The over-saturation of news networks/airtime ensures it.

It'll be like a like a major car accident on the side of the road. Horrible, but people will slow down to look. It's gonna be YUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE.

Which, more than likely, will help Hillary because the overwhelming majority of media coverage of Trump will be negative. The reporters and commentators' times will be spent on pointing out what a clown Trump is rather than digging into whatever it is Hillary is pandering about at that moment. Trump won't care because no press is bad press.

Win for Hillary. Win for Trump. Win for the news media.

Everyone wins but the American electorate.

They will cover him, yes, but he won't get anywhere NEAR the coverage he gets now, and will need the money to go against Clinton. The story of him "not being beholden to other peoples' money" will be eliminated very quickly.