Trump Alone at the Top

Congratulations to Nicholas Kristof for being the first to fess up to his complicity in creating Donald the Candidate.

Hope the rest wake up.

Interesting he had so many people cited by name, and not another "anonymous source" referral.

That said, I'll be curious to see how the Trumpettes respond to this, give how they've gone after Amanda Carpenter following the fake Enquirer article. Note: the names are definitely NSFW.

These Trumpettes are proving to be pretty nasty.

Interesting he had so many people cited by name, and not another "anonymous source" referral.

That said, I'll be curious to see how the Trumpettes respond to this, give how they've gone after Amanda Carpenter following the fake Enquirer article. Note: the names are definitely NSFW.

These Trumpettes are proving to be pretty nasty.

Ha ha, you're joking, right? Have you been on the internet before?

Edited by FireChan

Yikes...Trump does an interview this morning, was asking direct questions, and he proceeds to soil himself on the air.

Read and listen here.

After Trump asked that the interview be focused around policy issues instead of his Twitter timeline, Sykes hammered Trump for holding liberal positions in the past on issues like gun control, as well as campaign donations Trump made to Democratic candidates.

“Why shouldn’t conservatives here in Wisconsin think your claim to be a conservative is just a giant fraud?” Sykes asked.

“As a businessman, I never even thought about all the things you’ve talked about,” Trump said before lauding his past business successes.

“You’re not answering my question,” Sykes responded.

“I am a conservative,” Trump said. “I’m not so conservative when it comes to the pure aspects of trade… I believe in free trade, which is nice and conservative,” he said before repeating his usual talking points about being a tougher negotiator with other countries by threatening to implement costly tariffs on imported goods.

“It’ll never happen,” Trump said of a tariff. “But you have the threat out there.”

“Well you’re a much better negotiator than I am,” Sykes said. “But you just said it’ll never happen, so you’ve basically said your negotiating ploy is a bluff.”

Yikes...Trump does an interview this morning, was asking direct questions, and he proceeds to soil himself on the air.

Read and listen here.

Also from that interview

Donald Trump in Wisconsin — doing the Charlie Sykes show.

Audio.

1. He didn't even know that picture of Heidi Cruz he retweeted was supposed to be a particularly bad picture of her.

2. Sykes replays that ad with women reading old Trump quotes about women. Trump's response is about all the women he's hired and put in high positions. Look at his actions. And he was "a celebrity," going on Howard Stern and such, not thinking about how it would sound if he were to run for office.

3. Trump has said Wisconsin is doing terribly. Won't that make Scott Walker look bad? Trump says he got the info from TIME Magazine.

More at the link:

Congratulations to Nicholas Kristof for being the first to fess up to his complicity in creating Donald the Candidate.

Hope the rest wake up.

yet he refuses to acknowledge the bigger sin: acting as a rabble rouser. stirring hatred and anger together in a toxic brew aimed at poisoning the "establishment" as if that label had any real meaning. these con talking heads have poisoned their own party and potentially, the entire country.

yet he refuses to acknowledge the bigger sin: acting as a rabble rouser. stirring hatred and anger together in a toxic brew aimed at poisoning the "establishment" as if that label had any real meaning. these con talking heads have poisoned their own party and potentially, the entire country.

Thank God I was sitting down when I read that,

Nicholas Kristof, of the NYT, is a conservative talking head ?

:lol:

Thank God I was sitting down when I read that,

Nicholas Kristof, of the NYT, is a conservative talking head ?

:lol:

must have been wishful thinking. I read it as kristol, as in William. silly me... will never happen.

must have been wishful thinking. I read it as kristol, as in William. silly me... will never happen.

You should get the last names right as well.

Other than that, you were spot on.

Hope the rest wake up.

Hard to take you serious. A business is made to make a profit and the news media is no different. If Trump is a source of profit there is no way any business would make a decision to let the competition have their profits.

Hard to take you serious. A business is made to make a profit and the news media is no different. If Trump is a source of profit there is no way any business would make a decision to let the competition have their profits.

This is precisely what I'm referring to as verbal diarrhea. Kristof is on the news side of an entertainment business, and they always make a point of separating the church from state. Kristof is 100% correct that news media got hoodwinked into playing Trump's patsy.

Go pollute your own back yard.

This is precisely what I'm referring to as verbal diarrhea. Kristof is on the news side of an entertainment business, and they always make a point of separating the church from state. Kristof is 100% correct that news media got hoodwinked into playing Trump's patsy.

Go pollute your own back yard.

You point is foolish. Kristof's argument is silly, also. Trump wasn't criticized enough? Please.

At least he included this:

Likewise, Bob Schieffer of CBS tells me: “I’m not sure more fact-checking would have changed that much. We’re in a new world where attitude seems to count more than facts.”

And why is that? Because the audience doesn't care about the facts too much.
And like I said, Trump drove ratings and that's really all that counts to them. Sorry if you can't handle honest debate and criticism. You just can't

You point is foolish. Kristof's argument is silly, also. Trump wasn't criticized enough? Please.

At least he included this:

And why is that? Because the audience doesn't care about the facts too much.
And like I said, Trump drove ratings and that's really all that counts to them. Sorry if you can't handle honest debate and criticism. You just can't

Read and understand the damn article. Kristof recognizes that by the time he and his peers started taking Trump seriously, it was too late. Dear lord, you're a moron.

So are you saying that news people don't care about journalistic integrity at all, just ratings? So if they're only interested in promoting a story that gives them max coverage, why trust the news at all?

Edited by GG