Here we go again

NextYearGuys

I'm frustrated. I'm 21 years old so I've never really seen the Bills be a good team. My dad tells me the stories of our dominant days and I've watched some old games and saw how awesome it must have been to be a fan back in the day. I want that. I'm sick of us ranging from the joke of the league to average. We have the talent. We have a new owner. We had the scheme. We were supposed to have a promising new head coach. It gave me a lot of hope. But like we always do, we squander it. We ruin the 3rd best defense in the league. We make 100000 mental errors every game and lead the league in penalties. We catch the injury bug year after year. We never ever have a 300 yard passer in a game that we win. People predict us to lose week in and week out. No one takes this team seriously. I'm sick of it. I've never been a fan of any other team in the NFL but I'm convinced that being a Bills fan is the hardest.

I'm frustrated. I'm 21 years old so I've never really seen the Bills be a good team. My dad tells me the stories of our dominant days and I've watched some old games and saw how awesome it must have been to be a fan back in the day. I want that. I'm sick of us ranging from the joke of the league to average. We have the talent. We have a new owner. We had the scheme. We were supposed to have a promising new head coach. It gave me a lot of hope. But like we always do, we squander it. We ruin the 3rd best defense in the league. We make 100000 mental errors every game and lead the league in penalties. We catch the injury bug year after year. We never ever have a 300 yard passer in a game that we win. People predict us to lose week in and week out. No one takes this team seriously. I'm sick of it. I've never been a fan of any other team in the NFL but I'm convinced that being a Bills fan is the hardest.

My 21st year was marked by two words: "Wide Right."

Stop your whining, kid.

I can relate. I barely remember the glory days. My fandom has been encompassed by the 15 year drought. It's frustrating, to the point where you wonder why bother.

Well, we all need something to believe in. Religion, politics, etc.

I choose to believe in the Bills. It's not as simple as game by game, but long term. Sure, you may question your allegiance to the team after a frustrating loss, but we all well know the following week we are right back at it, living and breathing Buffalo.

Hang in there, we will succeed! (eventually)

Yep, Browns and Lions may be close but until another team loses 4 straight Super Bowls and has 15 (16?) straight seasons out of the playoffs, I agree it's toughest being a Bills fan.

Welcome to the club, kid. Get out if you can, but we understand if you can't, 'cause we can't either. The Bills suck, and our curse is to be loyal to them. I just hope you get at least a few glory years to compensate for the grief coming your way.

Welcome to the club, kid. Get out if you can, but we understand if you can't, 'cause we can't either. The Bills suck, and our curse is to be loyal to them. I just hope you get at least a few glory years to compensate for the grief coming your way.

I can't get out. I've tried to picture it. Not happening. Maybe some day we'll get to the top.

The Bills are a cursed object from the TV show Friday the 13th. Once you become a fan you are doomed. Unless you can break the curse. Let us all know if you figure out how to do that.

Edited by BuffaloMatt

Team has won one playoff game in the nfl without jim kelly.

Wow, been a fan since the mid 60's when i was a mere pup and never realized that......so you're only counting post AFL/NFL merger? I can't even think what playoff game they won without Kelly now that you mention it.....must have been in the early 80's when Chuck Knox was coach?

Lol I've been a frustrated fan for nearly twice your lifetime. Get out while you can.

Hilarious!!

But so true.

My son (I'm 40) asked me the other day if we were EVER in the playoffs. Playoffs????? We were dominant FOR A DECADE!!!!

sure they were Dad. sure they were....

The first time I ever watched a Bills game there were fans wearing paper bags on their heads...shoulda told me something.

we dont listen well do we. Or its something deeper and darker.

Cut the limb off to save the body NextYearsGuys. do it now.

maybe if we stop hiring losers(williams,malarky), idiots(philips, ryan), aholes(mauron), and milqtoasts (jauron) as head coaches, we might actually win again.

maybe...

Wow, been a fan since the mid 60's when i was a mere pup and never realized that......so you're only counting post AFL/NFL merger? I can't even think what playoff game they won without Kelly now that you mention it.....must have been in the early 80's when Chuck Knox was coach?

See how we block these things out? Without even realizing it.

No wonder we fans are a Train wreck thats has not stopped yet

I'm frustrated. I'm 21 years old so I've never really seen the Bills be a good team. My dad tells me the stories of our dominant days and I've watched some old games and saw how awesome it must have been to be a fan back in the day.

Face it, your Dad has been lying to you. The Bills have never been good. They are the NFL's Washington Generals. Just a punching bag to prop up the real teams. At least they're not the only ones. Same thing with the Browns, Lions and Jets.

Face it, your Dad has been lying to you. The Bills have never been good. They are the NFL's Washington Generals. Just a punching bag to prop up the real teams. At least they're not the only ones. Same thing with the Browns, Lions and Jets.

Jets fans still hanging onto Super Bowl 3 and Joe Namath's guarantee.

Yup, hence the 'nfl' qualifier.

Here's the game

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXboxscoresXX198112270nyj.htm

I guess you could include the Reich games?

"You *&^%ed up...you trusted us."*

Signed,

The Buffalo Bills

*(if you don't know the reference, ask your dad, or maybe his dad.)

Welcome to the club. I'm 35, so I had a good run with this team as a kid and then a downhill slide once I reached my teens.

Being a fan of the Bills means that you own the feelings of anger, disappointment, confusion, joy, heartache, hope, frustration, and togetherness that comes with the territory, and it means that you care. A lot.

Yup, hence the 'nfl' qualifier.

Here's the game

http://m.pfref.com/m?p=XXboxscoresXX198112270nyj.htm

I guess you could include the Reich games?

I know Reich won two. So that's 3 wins without Kelly.

Not to spoil the pity party but the same is true of half the NFL. Half the teams never win anything. We're just part of the wrong half.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

My son (I'm 40) asked me the other day if we were EVER in the playoffs. Playoffs????? We were dominant FOR A DECADE!!!!

Trust me it was great time while owning the division for so long with so many future HoFers on the team. Winning so many games year after year, and traveling to different cities with a usual positive outcome at the end.

Owning season tickets actually gave you a shot to get super bowl seats from the team at cost!

The Bills are a b horror film and you are the kid in the closet with a chance to outrun the killer.

After 45 years of slow torture, I consider the Bills football's version of S&M. If you are into bondage to a B word who always disappoints, hop on for the ride of your life. Those 90's teams while incredible to watch were the most painful defeats of a lifetime. We've been B word slapped with decades of **** football, so don't feel bad until your entire life is spent hoping for that elusive crown.