Rex Ryan is responsible for:

Beerball

The sideline thing might have been the most bogus officiating moment in a game filled with them. It was a total 'make up', as was giving NE the catch even though it clearly occurred after the whistle.

Rex's biggest mistake was not putting EJ in for the last two minutes. Taylor was useless after he got hurt.

Taylor was useless long before he got hut....

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The officiating consultant on-air last night said "once the whistle blows, it's a dead ball, and Rex can't be called for sideline interference". I think the refs gave NE the extra 15 yds because they screwed up the whistle. Just my opinion but I don't think the 15 yarder on Rex was the right call.

Agreed. Rex was well past the ref when the whistle was blown. He wasn't standing in front of him. Granted, he never should've walked in front of the ref, but why was the ref so far out of bounds? Not happy there was a 15 yard penalty, but would what would a Bills fan want? A 15 yard penalty or a Pats TD? If the whistle wasn't blown Pats get an easy 6.

I admit I was yelling pretty loudly at the TV at this point "HURRY THE F**K UP!!!!!"

Yep, and we've seen this in a game or 2 before with the inability to run a true hurry up offense. I don't know if it's Tyrod just not having the acumen to run some plays on his own or if they're just not prepared (lack of practice?). And what about every play going down to 1 sec in general.

Yeah, I think you're right. Technically the ball should have been snapped again from the previous spot. The whistle was blown before the ball was caught. I have a hard time bitching about this one though as they did take a TD off the board with that whistle.

Not sure about a TD, because Darby definitely just stopped as soon as he heard the whistle.

With better QB play the Bills had a real shot at beating the highest scoring team in the league by holding them to 20 points.

Its just a darn shame it took this long to get the defense to play like they did on Monday night.

Is Rex Ryan the answer to beating the New England Patriots in the division? It doesn't look like any head coach will ever succeed unless the Bills find a bona fide franchise QB.

Officiating absolutely blows and that's why I take stock in the unbiased opinion of a retired NFL ref who clearly said "the whistle causes a dead ball and Rex could not be called for that penalty". I don't care if Rex was playing bagpipes in a hula skirt in the field...an inadvertent whistle causes the ball to return to LOS.

Like I said earlier, I see Rex jumping in front of the sucky official before he brings the whistle to his lips and exhales. I really don't care what an unbiased blind depends wearing former sucky official says.

Ok I've seen a few times referenced here that Leodis fumbled twice before getting put back out there on his last return that he bobbled. Help me out, I can only think of the one around the 30. And everyone is saying Gilmore was the cb on the inadvertent whistle play. Was it not Darby?

What killed us was Loser McFumbles more than anything else. Praying for the cut days because no team wants a Loser like McFumbles on their squad.

Coaches decided they didn't want Thigpen.

Sorry to see Leodis fumble, but, IMO, he shouldn't have been back there in the first place. (coach's decision)

Wish he had been on the field more last night on the defensive side. Dookie Whiff Williams sucks and deserves the wrath of the fans...Not Leodis.

The officiating consultant on-air last night said "once the whistle blows, it's a dead ball, and Rex can't be called for sideline interference". I think the refs gave NE the extra 15 yds because they screwed up the whistle. Just my opinion but I don't think the 15 yarder on Rex was the right call.

Rex was on the sideline for half the play.

Agreed. Rex was well past the ref when the whistle was blown. He wasn't standing in front of him. Granted, he never should've walked in front of the ref, but why was the ref so far out of bounds? Not happy there was a 15 yard penalty, but would what would a Bills fan want? A 15 yard penalty or a Pats TD? If the whistle wasn't blown Pats get an easy 6.

Rex shouldn't have been on the white of the sideline at any point during the play. It's not like the flag is for face guarding the ref- he was in an illegal spot before the whistle blew. Maybe not something they otherwise call (perhaps a warning situation) but he can't wander out there mid play like he was

Leodis should never be out there for any plays peroid. He is a rotational back or practice squad at best. Always has been and always will be.

Leodis is a good CB, but they should find someone else to handle the PR duties. You are overreacting by saying that he has no value at all.

Everything that takes place on the field, he's the HC.

The worst thing I saw last night was once again Sammy was criminally underutilized. This is becoming a reoccurring theme. That's on the coaching.

The second worst thing I saw was their lack if urgency down 10 with 1 timeout left and 7 minutes left on the clock. They should have been in two minute mod yet they continuously ran the play clock to under 5 seconds. WTF?

And finally, the two minute drill at the end. It's like they've never practiced it. After one play TT is looking to the sideline for another play? Never seen that one before. They should have had 3+ plays called coming out of the break and just hurried to the LoS and snapped the ball for the next play.

Maybe Tyrod's attention span is only one play?

anything that had to do with the refs I give this team a pass. The Patriots players and coaches were on the sidelines a few times no call.

And I don't think you should pin this loss on the coaches. No, they weren't crisp and didn't manage timeouts very well. But I felt the gameplan was sound. They ran the ball and played good D. Gameplan was good enough win. TT once again left plays on the field. And then Leodis happened.

Coaching B-

Tyrod C-

Yeah, I think you're right. Technically the ball should have been snapped again from the previous spot. The whistle was blown before the ball was caught. I have a hard time bitching about this one though as they did take a TD off the board with that whistle.

Not a chance that was a TD.

https://twitter.com/FO_ScottKacsmar/status/669176034907041792

Backup to AW, backup to Darby, backup to Gilmore, and nearly made it onto the cuts list even after coming back. How far is it from the truth?

You are blind to the truth. He's performed very well IMO at CB prior to injury and I think he filled in well at safety. He on the field is so far superior to D. Williams which was another coaching fail. That's enough back and forth on this one, you see one thing I see another.

You are blind to the truth. He's performed very well IMO at CB prior to injury and I think he filled in well at safety. He on the field is so far superior to D. Williams which was another coaching fail. That's enough back and forth on this one, you see one thing I see another.

Being our 3rd corner clearly means you are a practice squad guy. Your either 1st or your last Ricky Bobby

Rex and Dennis had a great defensive gameplan and the defense did enough to win that game. Lets see another team go into Foxboro and hold them to 17. (i'm not counting the leodis fumble that let to three points, that wasn't on the D)

The one mistake I think Rex has made is tinkering with the special teams too much this season. It was a mistake to let Thigpen go, it was a mistake to let Goodwin return kickoffs knowing his injury history, bringing in Cundiff and releasing Gay for a week or two (really Rex?), and it was a mistake to try and insert Leodis in there as a punt returner when he's so rusty.

Keeping Dixon instead of Freddy for special teams was such a blunder. Fred was an awesome punt returner because he protected the ball and had great hands. No he's not going to break one, but he's not gonna fumble either and that's all I care about on the punt return. Get me 8 yards and hang on to the ball.

Rex and Dennis had a great defensive gameplan and the defense did enough to win that game. Lets see another team go into Foxboro and hold them to 17. (i'm not counting the leodis fumble that let to three points, that wasn't on the D)

The one mistake I think Rex has made is tinkering with the special teams too much this season. It was a mistake to let Thigpen go, it was a mistake to let Goodwin return kickoffs knowing his injury history, bringing in Cundiff and releasing Gay for a week or two (really Rex?), and it was a mistake to try and insert Leodis in there as a punt returner when he's so rusty.

Keeping Dixon instead of Freddy for special teams was such a blunder. Fred was an awesome punt returner because he protected the ball and had great hands. No he's not going to break one, but he's not gonna fumble either and that's all I care about on the punt return. Get me 8 yards and hang on to the ball.

Fred sucked at the "punt catching" . Urban myth Freddie was not a fumbler, either as a runner or a punt catcher.

But i do agree we would be better off with Thigpen , No 17 just flat out sucks at football. yes, he had a great game agaisnt us 10 years ago..i don't care, he sucks!

I can't believe people are blaming Rex for that interference call. Coaches are over the white all the time. They just called it there as a make-up/compromise. If there is no screw-up by the ref, it's not called.

Mid play he shouldn't be that far out. It isn't productive for anyone, himself included.

Fred sucked at the "punt catching" . Urban myth Freddie was not a fumbler, either as a runner or a punt catcher.

But i do agree we would be better off with Thigpen , No 17 just flat out sucks at football. yes, he had a great game agaisnt us 10 years ago..i don't care, he sucks!

Amazing how we went from such an explosive return team to such a terrible one.

I can't believe people are blaming Rex for that interference call. Coaches are over the white all the time. They just called it there as a make-up/compromise. If there is no screw-up by the ref, it's not called.

Also, no one is looking into why the whistle was blown in the first place. If you get right down to it, that whistle was blown because the side judge was worried that Tommy Boy would be hit by rolling out and would simply throw the ball away (as he did 5 times last night). To protect Brady and avoid any possible contact with his unwrinkled uniform...he blew the whistle early. Live by the sword (play like a kitty), die by the sword (refs blow the whistle early)

Also, no one is looking into why the whistle was blown in the first place. If you get right down to it, that whistle was blown because the side judge was worried that Tommy Boy would be hit by rolling out and would simply throw the ball away (as he did 5 times last night). To protect Brady and avoid any possible contact with his unwrinkled uniform...he blew the whistle early. Live by the sword (play like a kitty), die by the sword (refs blow the whistle early)

Voilen from the Globe has an article that the guy was comig back from a horrific injury in week one, and to another offcial looked like he was getting nervous bout the play coming right at him.

I can't believe people are blaming Rex for that interference call.

Who would you have us blame?

Oh, I know the answer to this one, my apologies. It's the refs.

You're right. It's the refs.

Who would you have us blame?

Oh, I know the answer to this one, my apologies. It's the refs.

You're right. It's the refs.

Cmon, that play happens all the time. To me its obvious ref knew he blew the call...why the hell else is he following the ball so intently after he blew the play dead??? Should his eyes not be focused down on field where he wants to spot the ball if he thought was play was dead??? he was the guy who blew the friggen whistle!

That penalty was called because he KNEW as soon as be blew the whistle he screwed up...and Rex was just the excuse he needed.

Mind you, i think Rex his a horrible, and i mean horrible, game day coach...always has been.

Edited by plenzmd1

+1

Bills Penalties - 5 for 44

Much improved with the exception of the hold that nullified the INT

The hold was the only reason the INT happened. Gronk makes the catch cleanly otherwise.

What I want to know is why the ref was in the green. If the ref is on the white, none of it happens.

So it's all good then! Mistakes don't matter when you weren't supposed to win.

The fact is that the Bills got beat by a better team last night. Mistakes happen in every game to every team. The idea is to limit them and I think the coaching staff did a good job of preparing this team and limiting mistakes. The Pats made plays when they needed to and the Bills did not and that was the difference. NE is simply a better team and it showed.

Rex Ryan is a loud-mouth idiot. He will lead the Buffalo Bills nowhere. His first half tantrum on the sideline was embarrassing. He can't coach a football team - period!

And Tyrod Taylor is a back-up QB at best.

I agree with your statement about Rex, but I think Tyrod has a horrible OC that is limiting his potential.