Rex Ryan is responsible for:

Beerball

A 15 yard sideline interference penalty.

Poor communication between the sidelines and the field.

A timeout prior to a first down play.

A non-timeout prior to a pats*** touchdown.

(I assume that the inadvertent whistle wasn't open to review because it was a judgement call?)

What am I missing?

That's one game folks.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everything that takes place on the field, he's the HC.

The worst thing I saw last night was once again Sammy was criminally underutilized. This is becoming a reoccurring theme. That's on the coaching.

The second worst thing I saw was their lack if urgency down 10 with 1 timeout left and 7 minutes left on the clock. They should have been in two minute mod yet they continuously ran the play clock to under 5 seconds. WTF?

And finally, the two minute drill at the end. It's like they've never practiced it. After one play TT is looking to the sideline for another play? Never seen that one before. They should have had 3+ plays called coming out of the break and just hurried to the LoS and snapped the ball for the next play.

The worst thing I saw last night was once again Sammy was criminally underutilized. This is becoming a reoccurring theme. That's on the coaching.

The second worst thing I saw was their lack if urgency down 10 with 1 timeout left and 7 minutes left on the clock. They should have been in two minute mod yet they continuously ran the play clock to under 5 seconds. WTF?

And finally, the two minute drill at the end. It's like they've never practiced it. After one play TT is looking to the sideline for another play? Never seen that one before. They should have had 3+ plays called coming out of the break and just hurried to the LoS and snapped the ball for the next play.

This. This and this.

All I want to say is this -

Did you honestly think the Bills had a good chance to defeat the Cheaters before the game started?

So it's all good then! Mistakes don't matter when you weren't supposed to win.

I admit I was yelling pretty loudly at the TV at this point "HURRY THE F**K UP!!!!!"

I don't know that I've ever seen a worse 2 minute drill. 5 yard passes to the middle of the field with no timeouts -- at least McCoy had the good sense to drop one of them. Confused hands to the earholes of the helmet looks from Tyrod as he waits for Roman to call the SECOND PLAY of the series.

And then go back to the start of the last possession where they blew a timeout because they had 10 players on the field AT THE START OF A POSSESSION. It's almost as if they wasted the 10 day layoff by not practicing or even watching film and going over plays/sets. Oh, wait a minute. That's because they didn't -- boys, you beat my Jets, take 5 days off, that was my personal Super Bowl!

All I want to say is this -

Did you honestly think the Bills had a good chance to defeat the Cheaters before the game started?

As depleted as they are you better believe that game was there for the taking. I don't cotton to no defeatist thinking, and, don't deflect.

Do you honestly believe that Rex Ryan performed as successful NFL head coaches do last night? The moment was too big for him and he (and his offensive team) was woefully unprepared to succeed last night.

the turning point of the game was carpenter hitting the upright on the FG attempt. resulting in excellant drive start for NE, which they took advantage of.

woulda coulda shoulda been 6-3 buffalo , with ne back on their 20 after a kickoff and bills game plan of keeping brady off the field working by controlling time of possession.

team lost it's composure, led by rex.

Edited by papazoid

the turning point of the game was carpenter hitting the upright on the FG attempt. resulting in excellant drive start for NE, which they took advantage of.

woulda coulda shoulda been 6-3 buffalo , with ne back on their 20 after a kickoff and bills game plan of keeping brady off the field working by controlling time of possession.

team lost it's composure, led by rex.

Go back one play further. Shady dropping that TD was even worse. It was a good play by the safety but he still should have hauled it in. Shoulda-coulda-woulda been 10-3 Bills.

And I totally agree about Rex's composure. A coach can't be going ballistic on the sidelines. He needs to be the rock.

Edited by MDH

Go back one play further. Shady dropping that TD was even worse. It would a good play by the safety but he still should have hauled it in. Shoulda-coulda-woulda been 10-3 Bills.

And I totally agree about Rex's composure. A coach can't be going ballistic on the sidelines. He needs to be the rock.

IMO...that ball was not thrown well. Don't know if it was the wind or what, but Taylor was sailing the ball last night.

Still, shoulda coulda didn't...

IMO...that ball was not thrown well. Don't know if it was the wind or what, but Taylor was sailing the ball last night.

Still, shoulda coulda didn't...

The wind did seem to have a big effect. We saw a Gay kickoff only make it to about the 15 (don't know if I've seen that before in his career), plus some Brady longer passes off the mark. But Tyrod particularly was lacking zip on the ball.

A 15 yard sideline interference penalty.

Poor communication between the sidelines and the field.

A timeout prior to a first down play.

A non-timeout prior to a pats*** touchdown.

(I assume that the inadvertent whistle wasn't open to review because it was a judgement call?)

What am I missing?

That's one game folks.

The officiating consultant on-air last night said "once the whistle blows, it's a dead ball, and Rex can't be called for sideline interference". I think the refs gave NE the extra 15 yds because they screwed up the whistle. Just my opinion but I don't think the 15 yarder on Rex was the right call.

The officiating consultant on-air last night said "once the whistle blows, it's a dead ball, and Rex can't be called for sideline interference". I think the refs gave NE the extra 15 yds because they screwed up the whistle. Just my opinion but I don't think the 15 yarder on Rex was the right call.

Yeah, I think you're right. Technically the ball should have been snapped again from the previous spot. The whistle was blown before the ball was caught. I have a hard time bitching about this one though as they did take a TD off the board with that whistle.