Rex Ryan is responsible for:

Beerball

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I think you're right. Technically the ball should have been snapped again from the previous spot. The whistle was blown before the ball was caught. I have a hard time bitching about this one though as they did take a TD off the board with that whistle.

If the whistle doesn't blow, Gilmore doesn't give up. Amendola makes the catch, but doesn't get another 15 out of it.

If the whistle doesn't blow, Gilmore doesn't give up. Amendola makes the catch, but doesn't get another 15 out of it.

Gilmore wasn't in position to immediately chase after him. His momentum was taking him the wrong way. The only player who had a shot at him was the safety deep down the middle of the field. He might have gotten him, but who knows.

The loss had nothing to do with coaching. Great game plan. Good discipline. Just didn't make plays on offense.

I agree that the game plan was excellent. It wasn't executed as well as it should have been, particularly by Taylor. McKelvin's fumbles were back breakers as well. If they both execute, then the Bills likely would have won. But I do blame the coaches for several things including a lack of discipline at times. 10 men on the field, confusion at the end of the game, sending McKelvin out to continue to return kicks after two turnovers, kicking on 4th and 2 at midfield late in the game, etc. While I certainly don't pin this loss on the coaches, there are definitely places where they can improve.

The officiating consultant on-air last night said "once the whistle blows, it's a dead ball, and Rex can't be called for sideline interference". I think the refs gave NE the extra 15 yds because they screwed up the whistle. Just my opinion but I don't think the 15 yarder on Rex was the right call.

It wasn't the right call, nor was giving the Pats the ball at the spot of the catch. Once again, the refs don't know the rules. It should have been set back at the original LOS and re-do the play. No penalty on the coach either.

The officiating consultant on-air last night said "once the whistle blows, it's a dead ball, and Rex can't be called for sideline interference". I think the refs gave NE the extra 15 yds because they screwed up the whistle. Just my opinion but I don't think the 15 yarder on Rex was the right call.

Apparently you didn't see the replay of him jumping in front of the ref (before the inadvertent whistle) through your rose colored glasses.

Once again he (and his staff) were out coached and out classed by the hooded one.

That being said, he did better than the last time, at least.

Really? I didnt see it as a coaching issue last night. More of a player execution issue. If Taylor makes a couple of better throws, if Carpenter hits the FG like he's paid to, if Woods holds onto the ball... we're on top. We were in the game all night and made the undefeated Pats look like a regular team.

Really? I didnt see it as a coaching issue last night. More of a player execution issue. If Taylor makes a couple of better throws, if Carpenter hits the FG like he's paid to, if Woods holds onto the ball... we're on top. We were in the game all night and made the undefeated Pats look like a regular team.

Communication from the sideline to the huddle is coaching.

Allowing a TD play rather than calling a TO is coaching.

Not having enough players on the field on a first down play is coaching.

Interfering with an official is coaching.

Leodis returning punts is coaching.

X's & O's on defense were spot on. That is coaching.

X's & O's on offense were spotty at best. That is coaching.

Apparently you didn't see the replay of him jumping in front of the ref (before the inadvertent whistle) through your rose colored glasses.

Rex was on the white line literally between the ref and Brady who had the ball. My wife's comment was "He's pulling a Tomlin!" I love her.

Player execution and communication, imo, is the coach's responsibility. The Patriots have scrubs out there performing every week, and we have all these really good (on paper) players not performing consistently. It really comes down to quality coaching.

The sideline thing might have been the most bogus officiating moment in a game filled with them. It was a total 'make up', as was giving NE the catch even though it clearly occurred after the whistle.

Rex's biggest mistake was not putting EJ in for the last two minutes. Taylor was useless after he got hurt.

Communication from the sideline to the huddle is coaching. Agreed

Allowing a TD play rather than calling a TO is coaching. It's not on coaching to guess that the officials would screw up the play and allow the Pats to snap the ball even though they simulated a substitution.

Not having enough players on the field on a first down play is coaching. Agreed

Interfering with an official is coaching. Sure, but people run into each other

Leodis returning punts is coaching. But Leodis fumbling is on Leodis. Players execution.

X's & O's on defense were spot on. That is coaching.

X's & O's on offense were spotty at best. That is coaching. Bigger issue with players executing than the 2 or 3 questionable play calls.

Then I guess the ex-NFL ref hired by Monday Night Football is wrong.....and you are right...again.

In general, how good do you think officiating is in the NFL?

Why do you put stock in someone who is no longer good enough to officiate in the NFL?

A 15 yard sideline interference penalty.

Poor communication between the sidelines and the field.

A timeout prior to a first down play.

A non-timeout prior to a pats*** touchdown.

(I assume that the inadvertent whistle wasn't open to review because it was a judgement call?)

What am I missing?

That's one game folks.

Throwing his headset

The "Rex Ryan" audible

Dumping a decent punt returner

Having McFumbles return punts

Edited by Azucho98

In general, how good do you think officiating is in the NFL?

Why do you put stock in someone who is no longer good enough to officiate in the NFL?

Officiating absolutely blows and that's why I take stock in the unbiased opinion of a retired NFL ref who clearly said "the whistle causes a dead ball and Rex could not be called for that penalty". I don't care if Rex was playing bagpipes in a hula skirt in the field...an inadvertent whistle causes the ball to return to LOS.