NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You'd think they'd be protesting the name as too violent, and insisting it be changed to the "Golden State Fluffy Bunnies" or something.

Reminds me of the old Leno joke about the Washington Bullets. Fans thought the name was too violent, so they wanted the team to simply be called the Bullets.

• 3 weeks later...

How crazy is it that it took the 70th win to clinch the top seed in the Western conference. The Western Conference finals will be epic if it plays out as it should, San Antonio vs Golden State

Do you think they will win last 3 & break record? Would be nice to have that Minny game back as a cushion.

Do you think they will win last 3 & break record? Would be nice to have that Minny game back as a cushion.

They'll have to beat a full roster at San Antonio to do it -- something no other team has done this year.

no i don't, i think now that they clenched they will focus on the playoffs, no sense getting the record and not be fully rested for the playoff run...pretty sure, SA will throw everything at them if they do try and you really don't need a dog fight at this point of the season, save that for the conf finals.

no i don't, i think now that they clenched they will focus on the playoffs, no sense getting the record and not be fully rested for the playoff run...pretty sure, SA will throw everything at them if they do try and you really don't need a dog fight at this point of the season, save that for the conf finals.

There was an interview with Kerr this morning that said now that they've clinched they'll look at resting guys. But he did say unless they feel they don't need the rest. Even my wife said "yeah, they're not going to want to rest. What athlete doesn't want a record like that?"

the ones that don't eventually win the championship title, but i agree, they do want the record AND they want the title

There was an interview with Kerr this morning that said now that they've clinched they'll look at resting guys. But he did say unless they feel they don't need the rest. Even my wife said "yeah, they're not going to want to rest. What athlete doesn't want a record like that?"

the ones that don't eventually win the championship title, but i agree, they do want the record AND they want the title

Or second best... The record and title...Middle outcome option. I forgot that game is in SA and they are still undefeated @ home in the AlamoDome. Do they still play there... It was a nice rhyme. ;-) Edited by ExiledInIllinois

And they know they can do both so why rest?

The might not do both if they are out of fuel and trying to coast... Lose-Lose becomes the outcome... You see what a crappy team like Minny did to them @ Home. 17 down? Win in OverTime. If this team was gr8, that shouldn't happen, even on cruise control.

There might not be enough left in the tank? Only they know! I hope so... I want them to break record and shut the Bulls up!

The might not do both if they are out of fuel and trying to coast... Lose-Lose becomes the outcome... You see what a crappy team like Minny did to them @ Home. 17 down? Win in OverTime. If this team was gr8, that shouldn't happen, even on cruise control.

There might not be enough left in the tank? Only they know! I hope so... I want them to break record and shut the Bulls up!

So you're saying the Warriors aren't a great team? :blink:

So you're saying the Warriors aren't a great team? :blink:

No. What I meant is maybe not as great as the 1990's Bulls. I really hope they can prove to be as great.

Sorry, that is what I was thinking... I Just assumed it was understood... How can the GS Warriors not be a great team... Just not as great as the Bulls...

EDIT: They are great, just at this level, the bar is extremely set high. Two teams only come to my mind... 1960's Celtics, 1990's Bulls.. Then there are the lesser gr8 teams.

Edited by ExiledInIllinois

No. What I meant is maybe not as great as the 1990's Bulls. I really hope they can prove to be as great.

There will always be detractors...if they don't win a championship, the record won't matter...go all the way, and they have a very legit claim!

Edited by Buftex

• 5 weeks later...

I had the pleasure of finding myself unable to get to sleep last night so I just happened to turn on the Warriors/Blazers game in the 4th quarter.

What Steph Curry did in OT was just remarkable. Congrats to him on becoming the first unanimous league MVP.

i remember when i was in richmond, there is a southern syndicated morning radio show "John Boy & Billy", their female co-co host is steph curry's aunt and they used to talk about steph before he even went got to davidson, pretty cool to see him all growed up

Seemingly easy question, who would you rather have on your team. ...steph curry or kawhai leonard?

That's tough. Both are amazing. Neither has ever played without a great team around them. I'd have to go with Curry over Leonard. I think Leonard is a more complete player, but Curry is such an outstanding scorer that you have to take him.

They should just dismantle the east.

Okc/Spurs. And GSW/Por doesn't even seem like the same sport the Hawks/Cavs/heat/raptors are playing.

Hate to see Spurs or OKC get axed while the Lebrons play creampuffs

The LeBrons have done their all they can do, sweeping both series. They're still one of the top 2 teams in the league. I'm hoping it's a rematch of last year. LeBron kept the LeBrons in it all by himself last year. It'll be a lot more even this year. Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

That's tough. Both are amazing. Neither has ever played without a great team around them. I'd have to go with Curry over Leonard. I think Leonard is a more complete player, but Curry is such an outstanding scorer that you have to take him.The LeBrons have done their all they can do, sweeping both series. They're still one of the top 2 teams in the league. I'm hoping it's a rematch of last year. LeBron kept the LeBrons in it all by himself last year. It'll be a lot more even this year.

Not top 2. Not at all. Don't get swept up I. The fact they have dominated scrubs like the Hawks and the Bucks (can't even remember the 1st round team)

Okc > cle. Kanter and Adams stepping up

Gsw, Spurs, Clippers as well. I put them at 4 or 5.

Hope Whiteside isn't out for year so they get a free pass next round too

Not top 2. Not at all. Don't get swept up I. The fact they have dominated scrubs like the Hawks and the Bucks (can't even remember the 1st round team)

Okc > cle. Kanter and Adams stepping up

Gsw, Spurs, Clippers as well. I put them at 4 or 5.

Hope Whiteside isn't out for year so they get a free pass next round too

In no world are the Clippers on their level. OKC could maybe get a game or two on them.

Spurs and GS are the only teams on their level. Any team with LeBron and even 1 other star (they have 2) is going to be a top team.

I hope Whiteside or Valanciunas are back for the next series, whichever team makes it through.

It was the Pistons they beat in round 1. Also, let's not act like the Warriors haven't had it easier than the Cavs. The Rockets were the worst team in the playoffs. The Hawks and the Trailblazers are about even, though I think the Hawks are better.

In no world are the Clippers on their level. OKC could maybe get a game or two on them.

Spurs and GS are the only teams on their level. Any team with LeBron and even 1 other star (they have 2) is going to be a top team.

I hope Whiteside or Valanciunas are back for the next series, whichever team makes it through.

It was the Pistons they beat in round 1. Also, let's not act like the Warriors haven't had it easier than the Cavs. The Rockets were the worst team in the playoffs. The Hawks and the Trailblazers are about even, though I think the Hawks are better.

Cleveland could do what okc is doing vs Spurs ? No sir.

Healthy Clippers > cle imo.

I'm with you...Lebron, Love and Kyrie et al, are as strong as anyone I think...hell, I think Lebron alone is the difference maker, but don't take that to mean i don't feel the same way about SA, GS and yeah even OKC.

I absolutely think they could beat the Spurs.

Kawhi > lequeen.

:lol:

I'm with you...Lebron, Love and Kyrie et al, are as strong as anyone I think...hell, I think Lebron alone is the difference maker, but don't take that to mean i don't feel the same way about SA, GS and yeah even OKC.

I hear ya, though I have thought OKC is a tier below those three. They could prove me wrong though shortly.

:lol:

I hear ya, though I have thought OKC is a tier below those three. They could prove me wrong though shortly.

OKC is good when Durant and Westbrook share the ball with the rest of their teammates. I think they could compete with GS if they didn't dribble the air out of the ball in most games. Cleveland is playing well right now but I think they are at best tied for 3rd in the power rankings with OKC. They have similar problems with falling in love with dribbling, Lebron has always been a great front runner lets see how big those smiles are when they are in a dogfight.

OKC is good when Durant and Westbrook share the ball with the rest of their teammates. I think they could compete with GS if they didn't dribble the air out of the ball in most games. Cleveland is playing well right now but I think they are at best tied for 3rd in the power rankings with OKC. They have similar problems with falling in love with dribbling, Lebron has always been a great front runner lets see how big those smiles are when they are in a dogfight.

I'd put the Cavs at either 1 or 2. They have the best player in the game and some good pieces around him. The Warriors have the best shooter ever with even more pieces around him. Hell, Iggy was a 6th man last year and won Finals MVP.

The LeBron fan in me wants to see Cavs-OKC in the Finals. The basketball fan wants to see Cavs-Warriors.

Agree with all of this. Okc is great when everyone gets involved.

I'd put the Cavs at either 1 or 2. They have the best player in the game and some good pieces around him. The Warriors have the best shooter ever with even more pieces around him. Hell, Iggy was a 6th man last year and won Finals MVP.

The LeBron fan in me wants to see Cavs-OKC in the Finals. The basketball fan wants to see Cavs-Warriors.

Warriors-Cavs for me, for selfish reasons. I want Durant to leave OKC for the rare chance we can wooo him into signing with the C's. I also want to see the Cavs at full strength vs. the Warriors, it should be a good finals.

Warriors-Cavs for me, for selfish reasons. I want Durant to leave OKC for the rare chance we can wooo him into signing with the C's. I also want to see the Cavs at full strength vs. the Warriors, it should be a good finals.

I'd love to see Durant with the Celtics. Brad Stevens has done an incredible job with little talent. It would be great to see what he could with a legit superstar.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall

OKC is the most physical team in the playoffs and that matters.

Should the Spurs fall, I wouldn't be surprised to see them beat GSW. They just beat you to death and GSW, like the Spurs, aren't used to getting bludgeoned like that. OKC changed their tactics after the Game 1 blowout to SA and it's been different ever since.

I don't think Cleveland stands a chance against either SA, OKC or GSW. They have played creampuff teams in the playoffs and that provides this appearance of consistent 3 point shooting that against a real defense - isn't there.

As a long time Spurs fan, while I expect this series to go to a brutal Game 7, I admit the Spurs got real old in this playoff round. Tim and Manu are completely done and Tony and David West really aren't all that far behind realistically. The last great hurrah.