NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Porzingis is the truth. Shooting lights out and putting the ball on the floor Knicks will be something once they draft another couple studs.

They have no more picks. 2016 first went to the Raptors for Bargnani. They only have their 2017. They either need to sign Durant, or trade Melo.

Edited by FireChan

Not a fan of Stephen A Smiff, but he's not completely wrong. Mark Jackson should never have been allowed to leave

I used to hate Stephen A., and his style can be a little off-putting I realize, but I think he is about the only thing I like about ESPN, outside their actual games.

Congrats to the Warriors. It will be interesting to see how the end the year. Surpassing the Bulls 72-10 is very doable.

FWIW- there is a free Center Court preview going on right now... got to see the Warriors and the Celtics the other night...one of the best regular season NBA games I have seen in some time...I was pulling for the Celtics, but there isn't anything to dislike about the Warriors...love the way they play...Celtics gave them everything they had, they could have just let the game go, but the played hard through the whole game, and two overtimes.

Edited by Buftex

saw highlights on SC this morning of their game against Phoenix....holy crap. they are just dead eyed shooters on that team, and draymond green acting the point guard bringing the ball up just completely sets up that explosive offense of theirs. the passing, the shooting....i honestly never thought this type/style of play was sustainable in the NBA, man am I wrong.

saw highlights on SC this morning of their game against Phoenix....holy crap. they are just dead eyed shooters on that team, and draymond green acting the point guard bringing the ball up just completely sets up that explosive offense of theirs. the passing, the shooting....i honestly never thought this type/style of play was sustainable in the NBA, man am I wrong.

I'm a big Bill Simmons fan. Was listening to his podcast the other day he said Klay and Steph are 2 of the top 10 3 point shooters of all time. Just a tough team to stop.

Kudos to the Knicks for a nice win over the wolves. Kristaps looking strong. Blocking everyone and showing off a smooth jumper.

I'm a big Bill Simmons fan. Was listening to his podcast the other day he said Klay and Steph are 2 of the top 10 3 point shooters of all time. Just a tough team to stop.

Kudos to the Knicks for a nice win over the wolves. Kristaps looking strong. Blocking everyone and showing off a smooth jumper.

The bolded is more fact than hyperbole. He was swatting a lot of shots...including an attempted 3 after fighting through a pick. 20, 15 and 9 is a pretty good box score for Melo too.

• 4 weeks later...

Its getting dvr treatment for 2nd half. Aldridge as a fill in for Duncan doesn't kill it too much.

I'm 2 manhattans in gonna try to make it thru 1st half as its tipoff time

It's over.

The Warriors have killed the NBA. No one is left. I honestly think they won't be challenged in the postseason now. There's gonna be too many guys on teams who think it is hopeless, and they'll be right.

Edited by FireChan

Beat the Spurs and Cavs by 70 points. Steph and Draymond play with so much confidence.

It really is over. Can't see anyone beating them in a playoff series.

Lebron James makes me wanna puke. Poor Blatt gets fired with insanely good record.

Lebron acts like he doesn't know about it. Grown men calling their agency Klutch sports with a K.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

• 2 weeks later...

Celtics band of average guys with an exciting win over the Clippers and Doc Rivers.

Was odd watching Paul Pierce vs the C's in overtime. 3 seed and Jae Crowder is kinda not terrible. Fleeced the Mavs on the Rondo trade.

Warriors about to be the Yankees of basketball if they actually can obtain Kevin Durant next year as some NBA rumor people are starting to whisper about. Curry KD Klay Draymond good luck with that.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

they don't need KD, seriously, why mess with that team, they are simply amazing and Steph Curry is one of the most amazing NBA players in a very long time. He is almost unstoppable, despite everyone knowing what he does each and every time down court.

Celtics band of average guys with an exciting win over the Clippers and Doc Rivers.

Was odd watching Paul Pierce vs the C's in overtime. 3 seed and Jae Crowder is kinda not terrible. Fleeced the Mavs on the Rondo trade.

Warriors about to be the Yankees of basketball if they actually can obtain Kevin Durant next year as some NBA rumor people are starting to whisper about. Curry KD Klay Draymond good luck with that.

i think they are done with griffin...he'd look good in Philly :-), sounds like Denver is on their radar

It's amazing that the Western Conference has three teams with 40 wins at the break. (Warriors, Spurs, Thunder)

Anybody think the Clippers will trade Paul or Griffin before the deadline?

Anyone watching the Skills comp tonight?

I'm going to record so that I can skip all the bs. I hope they change the dunk contest back to how it used to be. Not the team dunk crap from a year (maybe two) ago.

i plan to watch. No "big" names in the dunk contest but Curry is in the 3 point competition

i plan to watch. No "big" names in the dunk contest but Curry is in the 3 point competition

I didn't know Curry was competing. That should be good. I think Redick has the best chance of beating him.

Edited by LBSeeBallLBGetBall