NBA/Golden State Warriors thread

Maury Ballstein

I know it's only a skills comp, but Towns is no joke. Both he and Thomas went for it in the finals there and Towns took it. He's gonna dominate the league for a long time (not because of this). He's got a great all around game.

• Replies 821
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Curry's performance Saturday night was the stuff of legend. He's really doing things nobody has done before, and it's a shame many of the "old timers" continue to try and disparage his game.

Oscar Robinson talking about picking him up and playing full court defense. Hahaha.

Oscar would get left behind by a Steph behind the back dribble. Sounds foolish.

Question: Is Curry historically good or is team defense historically terrible?

You play in the era you play in. Nobody has ever done what Curry is doing; he makes 3-pointers look like layups and 45-footers look like 3-pointers.

Those aren't my words, they're his coach's words.

How do you defend a guy who can hit 35-footers?

I saw that live, and everyone in the stadium knew what he was going to do and that it was going in.

That's the truth. The defense to good 3 point shooters has always been chase them off the line. Curry can and will just take two steps back and launch it. There's nothing else you can do. Especially when over committing to Curry means an easy assist to the 4 other guys in the rotation who can hurt you from 3.

Outside of Curry, my favorite player to watch in the NBA right now is Isaiah Thomas. The Celtics got him for a case of beer from the Suns and he's turned into a star.

So much disrespect to Jae Crowder. Where's his honorable mention ? Ha

Jae's been insanely good for the C's as has Thomas, Bradley among others.

I love the occasional Evan Turner thinks he's god in the 4th qtr games as well.

This was the best of the year. Give me this as play of year over curry. Love the pass

Great team and can add 2 studs with high draft picks.

So much disrespect to Jae Crowder. Where's his honorable mention ? Ha

Jae's been insanely good for the C's as has Thomas, Bradley among others.

I love the occasional Evan Turner thinks he's god in the 4th qtr games as well.

This was the best of the year. Give me this as play of year over curry. Love the pass

Great team and can add 2 studs with high draft picks.

awwwww yeahhhhh

Love that play. They are a fun team to watch and plus have two of my former Buckeyes, Turner and Sullinger. Turner was the same way in college with the God complex. He's not even one of the top 3 players on the C's :lol: but occasionally goes off.

Thomas and Crowder making me miss Rondo less.

Edited by YoloinOhio

Def not this year but the times of capping on the lakers are almost over

Young nucleus is there......over 60 million in cap room.....and the team has weened itself off Kobe Bryant's power

Probably will pick in the top 3 of this next draft as well

They better hope they pick in the top 3 or else they start losing firsts.

Def not this year but the times of capping on the lakers are almost over

Young nucleus is there......over 60 million in cap room.....and the team has weened itself off Kobe Bryant's power

Probably will pick in the top 3 of this next draft as well

but Byron hates D'Angelo

The Lakers are going nowhere with Byron Scott as coach. Nobody wants to play for him and he's got a weird plan for managing rookie playing time.

It'll be interesting to see which team will rise to be the third juggernaut in the West behind GSW and SAS with all the new money coming into the league next year. I don't expect OKC or LAC to stay intact.

Historically good, freak shows like Durant, Lebron, Westbrook, and many more would carve up any generation.

And historically lucky. He's making shots that have absolutely no business being anywhere near the net, never mind in it.

Not that he's not good, but what he's doing is so thoroughly abnormal that I've actually started watching basketball.

And historically lucky. He's making shots that have absolutely no business being anywhere near the net, never mind in it.

Not that he's not good, but what he's doing is so thoroughly abnormal that I've actually started watching basketball.

He's a freak and even though he's lighting up this town and there is W stuff all over and I love what's it's doing for Oakland I'm still not watching. <_<

The Lakers are going nowhere with Byron Scott as coach. Nobody wants to play for him and he's got a weird plan for managing rookie playing time.

It'll be interesting to see which team will rise to be the third juggernaut in the West behind GSW and SAS with all the new money coming into the league next year. I don't expect OKC or LAC to stay intact.

Byron Scott is just here to secure the tank

Guess how many of his 653 three point attempts have been blocked this season.

Zero.

That's insane.

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Guess how many of his 653 three point attempts have been blocked this season.

Zero.

That's insane.

From the shots I've seen, that has less to do with his skills and more to do with no one in the NBA wanting to play anything resembling defense.

Really...defense in the NBA always seems to be "let the guy shoot, and try to get the rebound."

He's a freak and even though he's lighting up this town and there is W stuff all over and I love what's it's doing for Oakland I'm still not watching. <_<

I'm in the same boat as you, Chef.

I stopped watching NBA basketball a long time ago.

But I agree, it is nice to see fans in the Bay Area showing excitement for the Warriors.

I'm in the same boat as you, Chef.

I stopped watching NBA basketball a long time ago.

But I agree, it is nice to see fans in the Bay Area showing excitement for the Warriors.

You'd think they'd be protesting the name as too violent, and insisting it be changed to the "Golden State Fluffy Bunnies" or something.