11 days to prepare for the Pats*

scribo

In Week Two the Pats* had 10 days to prepare for our Bills. I felt then it was a huge advantage. But I think the 11 days we have now is an even larger advantage given the dire need for rest.

I trust Greg Roman and Dennis Thurman will gin up a great game plan to present to Rex when he gets back from Syracuse (that's where Clemson plays tomorrow).

Hoping all three Williams will be back, Shady will be full strength, Tyrod will be healed and Sammy will be as explosive as ever.

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I were the Pats, I would run a very high-tempo offense because it seems that we cannot seem to get lined-up on defense due to poor communication. I'm sure BB and TB will exploit this unfortunately...the same goes for not getting the calls in on offense. Good thing is, we have a full week to prepare for that!

Go Bills!

we are still the team that has run the ball the best against them all year. now shady is actually healthy and returning to form. Need to run it and keep brady off the field and need to capitalize on all red zone plays. We can't get into a track meet with them and if we can keep the total points under 50 we have a chance.

No one is giving us a chance. Not even a lot of Bills fans and our local media. I think we are going to surprise a lot of people and this extra time helps a lot. Helps with game planning and helps with recovery. The loss of Lewis is huge in my opinion as their current RBs are not nearly as much of a threat in the passing game. They also got injuries on the Oline and we could, potentially, come into this game the healthiest we have been all season. We got a real shot at winning this game and I'm pumped.

I truly think it doesn't matter. The Pats are the only team I know that can completely change their scheme week to week. When they've faced us, I've seen them: throw quick swing passes and screens; just zero in on Gronk the whole game; ground and pound us with one or two or three backs, just run a hurry up offense the whole game; exploit a mismatch (2011: welker 16 catches, 217 yds, 2 TDs); have Brady throw 52 times; have Brady throw 10 times.

They don't rely heavily on just the pass or the run, which makes them a nightmare to prep for.

Look at the disparity of a few recent games:

2015:

52 rush

466 pass

2014:

50 rush

346 pass

2013:

267 rush

112 pass

158 rush

288 pass

Whatever small advantage is gained by extra preparation time will unfortunately be negated by Tom Brady and Bill B.

Hopefully Rex is half as good as his reputation suggests and he can devise a plan stopping Tom from eating us for dinner.

I'm not hopeful.

I think the extra time to heal up and practice is going to be good.

I also like the fact that we have two night games in a row. This was sort of a warm up for the Pats game. Both are night games, away with a hostile crowd, and both are against division rivals.

The night games are just different than a Sunday/1:00 game and it was nice to get a win, have 10 days to reflect on it, and then go out and do it again.

I truly think it doesn't matter. The Pats are the only team I know that can completely change their scheme week to week. When they've faced us, I've seen them: throw quick swing passes and screens; just zero in on Gronk the whole game; ground and pound us with one or two or three backs, just run a hurry up offense the whole game; exploit a mismatch (2011: welker 16 catches, 217 yds, 2 TDs); have Brady throw 52 times; have Brady throw 10 times.

They don't rely heavily on just the pass or the run, which makes them a nightmare to prep for.

Look at the disparity of a few recent games:

2015:

52 rush

466 pass

2014:

50 rush

346 pass

2013:

267 rush

112 pass

158 rush

288 pass

Agreed. Hardest team in the league to scheme for.

I would make Gronk the priority, though. I sometimes wonder if Bellyache was scheming to face his own team, what would he do. History suggests he would ID the thing you do best and take it away. I gotta believe that is Gronk. He seems to be the key to all of their scheme flexibility.

GO BILLS!!!

they aren't really "preparing". they are off until Tuesday and Rex is visiting his son for the Clemson game at Syracuse tomorrow. but at this point of the season, rest can be the most important thing you can do. hopefully the guys are laying low and healing up because we have a long streak of games coming up