Tyrod Taylor, No Mistakes

Meatplow

After rewatching the game, there were a lot of plays left to be made in the passing game. Most notably on blitzes, he missed guys in the vacated zones. Simms mentioned a good point, that Tyrod doesn't anticipate the coverages that well and he needs a guy to be open to make a throw. And I agree, it's definitely something he needs to improve on to take the next step. He didn't make any big mistakes and was a decent game manager. But he missed a chance to really put up some good numbers IMO.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree that on some of the blitzes Tyrod missed a read/receiver that was one-on-one (one comes to mind where the safety fell down and he had I believe Woods down the seem), but he's only started 7 games total and makes plays when they count. I think the more snaps he gets and the more time he gets with this offense, he's gonna be the steal of free agency. Plus, I like that he takes shots down field to keep the defense honest. And if you take away the 3 interception NE game, he's got an 11-1 TD/INT ratio. Thats pretty f**king good I think. I hate to say it but the Pats are looking all world right now, HOWEVER, I am excited to see what 10 days of RNR plus game-planning is going to bring! GO Bills!!!

P.S. REEEEBBBEEEELLLSSSS!!!!!

IMO it was an early Russell Wilson type performance. His rookie year he had some clunkers and one prime time game he looked bad for most of the game, but he made the plays when they mattered. That was a great defense, Bowles defensive game plan worked, and it was a hostile environment. Good QBs find a way and he did. He was helped out by the defense ...but sometimes it means not throwing the crucial pick.

Edited by YoloinOhio

I gotta hand it to TT. Even though he didn't have one of those breakout impressive air-attack type games, he was certainly solid and made good decisions protecting the football! It's nice finally having a QB that doesn't give games away on a regular basis.

except for his ability to take a sack trying to make a play when he should throw the ball away.

He made a monumental mistake when he took a 7 yard sack near the Jets' goal line when he ran OOB instead of throwing it away.

He tries to do too much by himself with his feet, and it gets him in trouble sometimes. But overall, a pretty good performance on the road against a top defense.

No, he made plenty of mistakes. What he didn't make was turnovers.

Good on him though for Trent Dilfering up a win.

He needs to buy everyone on his defense a nice Christmas present. They gave him one today. He was good enough not to regift it.

Legit thought. A lot of short passes even that sidelone out to clay on 3rd down... not a good play. He doesnt turn the ball over and like i said in the prediction post, he will have to be an actually be a quarterback.

After rewatching the game, there were a lot of plays left to be made in the passing game. Most notably on blitzes, he missed guys in the vacated zones. Simms mentioned a good point, that Tyrod doesn't anticipate the coverages that well and he needs a guy to be open to make a throw. And I agree, it's definitely something he needs to improve on to take the next step. He didn't make any big mistakes and was a decent game manager. But he missed a chance to really put up some good numbers IMO.

What's nice about TT is that even if he struggles when they blitz, there is a ton of risk in blitzing him. If you don't get him and he escapes, he has like 30 yards on the ground.

That was a sick read and react by Karlos on the TD. That play was made by Williams.

The 1 glaring mistake for Tyrod last night was taking a sack instead of throwing the ball away in the goal to go situation. That kind of fundamental mistake cannot be made there.

This. That play was frustrating. Luckily it didn't come back to bite him.

IMO it was an early Russell Wilson type performance. His rookie year he had some clunkers and one prime time game he looked bad for most of the game, but he made the plays when they mattered. That was a great defense, Bowles defensive game plan worked, and it was a hostile environment. Good QBs find a way and he did. He was helped out by the defense ...but sometimes it means not throwing the crucial pick.

The crowd was nuts the entire game, reminded me of the LSU/BAMA game this past Saturday, where the home crowd had a clear affect as it did last night in NYC. Tyrod maintained his composure and never panicked, called a TO when he needed to and kept on keeping on. Tyrod was not perfect, but this was a signature win IMO for the team as well as Tyrod all things considered including; the weather and it being the 7th start of his career.

Yep. Plenty of mistakes. But not turning the ball over, on the road, in the rain, against a tough team, is really pretty good. He missed a few, made some mental errors. But no turnovers is huge.

:thumbsup: Considering that defense he faced with no turnovers is huge.

Philly fans must be mad as hell at Chip Kelly today for trading away Shady McCoy.

Good call! I agree and was thinking the same thing. This thread has strayed away from its original intention which was ball security and not turning the ball over. He has done a great job all season with that aspect. The Jets have a fine defense and I was happy with his performance. He is doing what is asked of him, which prior to the season we all would have signed up....well almost all. There are still those who will hold him to a standard of perfection.

Edited by The Thurmanator

No, he made plenty of mistakes. What he didn't make was turnovers.

Good on him though for Trent Dilfering up a win.

He needs to buy everyone on his defense a nice Christmas present. They gave him one today. He was good enough not to regift it.

Love that term! He didn't look even close to 100% running, and he did look like a rookie -- really for the first time all year -- in that 3rd quarter when the crowd noise completely rattled him (and was he having problems with the helmet audio?). But he avoided the stupid throw, the play that could have put the Jets right back in it, and he made a couple plays when he needed to. I'll take it.

He was VERY fortunate to have Shady on his side. If he hadn't we'd all be talking about how dismal a performance it really was.

Has it come to this? Do we sing high praises for a game manager?

You're just a bitter old man these days. ;)

One of the reasons Shady was so good is the Jets were worried with TT running and on the read option, during the handoffs and not the QB runs, they seemed to be a half step back.

TT is not a great QB yet. But with Shady and Karlos and Watkins and Clay, all you need is a QB who can make plays and not make mistakes.

You're just a bitter old man these days. ;)

One of the reasons Shady was so good is the Jets were worried with TT running and on the read option, during the handoffs and not the QB runs, they seemed to be a half step back.

TT is not a great QB yet. But with Shady and Karlos and Watkins and Clay, all you need is a QB who can make plays and not make mistakes.

That may or may not be the case. But it SURE would have been nice to have some semblance of a passing game last night, would have made things a lot less stressful.