Tyrod Taylor, No Mistakes

Meatplow

I just watched the opening pass play again on the replay. Three different times. It was another perfect bomb that would have hit Watkins right on the money for a TD if he kept running.

But that's not "growth," that's just what he does great, so it doesn't count.

Growth would be adding to his existing skill set.

He already has the ability to throw a very good deep ball when he is not under pressure.

Growth would be making that same very good deep throw after making the appropriate pre-snap reads, and creating additional time in the pocket allowing the route to develop.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me also say this about the "growth" of Tyrod Taylor

Growth of a QB cannot be measured in a game by game basis......especially as a first year starter.....QBs are gonna be up and down because of mulitude of factors

In the Miami game.......he has ONE incompletion

In the jets game......a lot more incompletions? What factors into that? Inaccurate passes, miscommunications, wide recievers dropping balls, talent level of the opposing defense etc etc etc

Most consider Joe Flacco to be a "franchise qb".......do you guys think that Joe Flacco doesnt have up and down games over the course of a season based on the above factors?

No...as a matter of fact you do NOT have a ability to look at Tyrod's game objectively (or for that matter even carry a conversation regarding it....as soon as you are questioned you result degrading the poster you are speaking to almost immediatelly because you dont like being questioned.

Didn't the Bills pick him 5 times the year after the Ravens won the Super Bowl?

He already has the ability to throw a very good deep ball when he is not under pressure.

Growth would be making that same very good deep throw after making the appropriate pre-snap reads, and creating additional time in the pocket allowing the route to develop.

He also threw a good over the middle pass to Karlos for a TD....something you said in previous posts he was incapable of doing.

Didn't the Bills pick him 5 times the year after the Ravens won the Super Bowl?

Yes...

But that is kinda the point. You ask anyone around the league Joe Flacco is a franchise QB....think he doesnt have stinkers to go with his good games?

Now....TT needs more seasoning.....he needs to consistantly prove he can do things.....but we have some people who are not judging QBs from other teams to the same standards of the QBs of OUR teams.

Let me also say this about the "growth" of Tyrod Taylor

Growth of a QB cannot be measured in a game by game basis......especially as a first year starter.....QBs are gonna be up and down because of mulitude of factors

In the Miami game.......he has ONE incompletion

In the jets game......a lot more incompletions? What factors into that? Inaccurate passes, miscommunications, wide recievers dropping balls, talent level of the opposing defense etc etc etc

Most consider Joe Flacco to be a "franchise qb".......do you guys think that Joe Flacco doesnt have up and down games over the course of a season based on the above factors?

YOU are the one that introduced the concept of "Tyrod's growth as a quarterback" in this thread.

/facepalm

No...as a matter of fact you do NOT have a ability to look at Tyrod's game objectively (or for that matter even carry a conversation regarding it....as soon as you are questioned you result degrading the poster you are speaking to almost immediatelly because you dont like being questioned.

Again, you're describing yourself here.

I commented in this thread, directing nothing at you, and you responded to something not directed at you by saying I have an agenda.

You invited my subsequent commentary to yourself by ascribing me with a motive, and attacking me as a poster.

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

What in the world are you talking about?

This was one of his worse games this season. He, once again, made mistakes in the pocket. He missed open receivers because he locked on to his primary. He didn't make pre-snap reads, which led to him taking unnecessary pressure and missing hot reads. He went an entire quarter without registering a first down.

The very best thing you can say about his performance is that he didn't lose us the game, because he protected the ball and didn't turn it over, which, while not to be underestimated, is the hall mark or a successful game manager, not a franchise type quarterback.

Tyrod did his best Trent Dilfer last night. He did not win us the game; but rather our defense did.

That's not evidence of growth.

Why can't you just accept that?

I agree with this, but I was talking specifically about growth in Tyrod's game; given that is what this thread is about.

Have to disagree. A big maturation step for a QB is situational awareness. Many young QBs would have gotten frustrated with the Jets defense or Roman's playcalls and tried to prove the world wrong and forced passes or runs, which is exactly where the errors come. TT did not fall into that trap. That's a clear sign of growth.

As others remarked, his trajectory is much more like Wilson's than Dilfer's. Dilfer's job was solely to be a caretaker. TT is asked to be a Dilfer on some games, but he's also tasked with carrying the team on his back in other games. That's not a game manager.

YOU are the one that introduced the concept of "Tyrod's growth as a quarterback" in this thread.

/facepalm

Again, you're describing yourself here.

I commented in this thread, directing nothing at you, and you responded to something not directed at you by saying I have an agenda.

You invited my subsequent commentary to yourself by ascribing me with a motive, and attacking my positions.

TTT

I dont degrade you while I am debating you. That is the difference between the two of us.

It doesnt matter that I am right.....I dont degrade you for having the wrong take.

On the concept of a QB's "growth", we need to remember it is not a linear process in a steady ascension to greatness. There are ups and downs.

Let's see what TT is doing after seeing opponents the first time. This where Roman needs to earn his money as well.

Also, we need to give credit to the Jest defense. Other teams have good players that make great plays, too.

GO BILLS!!!

Have to disagree. A big maturation step for a QB is situational awareness. Many young QBs would have gotten frustrated with the Jets defense or Roman's playcalls and tried to prove the world wrong and forced passes or runs, which is exactly where the errors come. TT did not fall into that trap. That's a clear sign of growth.

As others remarked, his trajectory is much more like Wilson's than Dilfer's. Dilfer's job was solely to be a caretaker. TT is asked to be a Dilfer on some games, but he's also tasked with carrying the team on his back in other games. That's not a game manager.

That is pretty much what I am saying.

You know the jets were HOPING that Tyrod would throw that ball up for grabs in frustration trying to make a play and let someone like Revis come down with it. That is what blitz is all about.....forcing mistakes.

Tyrod did not make the mistakes they want. He might not have converted a ton of 3rd downs while they were doing it.....but he also didnt make the game changing interception mistake.

In contrast......Fitz threw two pick AND should have thrown a third when it hit Lawson right in the hands.

and we won.

Edited by John from Hemet

Great point here. Perhaps the most important point, too.

GO BILLS!!!

TTT

I dont degrade you while I am debating you. That is the difference between the two of us.

It doesnt matter that I am right.....I dont degrade you for having the wrong take.

You aren't right.

And you comment on me, rather than Tyrod. Or was it Tyrod who has the "agenda", and you just misspelled his name?

And I don't have "takes".

I watch film.

He also threw a good over the middle pass to Karlos for a TD....something you said in previous posts he was incapable of doing.

I don't mean to impose on your discussion, but this is absolutely a legitimate concern regarding Tyrod. In fact it is probably the biggest hole in his game going forward. Last night when he hit Karlos on the cross, the first thing that popped into my head was "was that his first completion between the numbers tonight?"

It's been an ongoing issue that he needs to find a way around if he's ever going to be a complete NFL QB.

and we won.

But for stupidity on the part of the Jets, we won. The offense was ABYSMAL in the third quarter including a complete abortion by Taylor in the red zone in which he ran out of bounds taking an inexcusable sack.

But by all means, proclaim his perfection. I rather enjoy the silliness.

Watch the play again and that is exactly what you will see. He looks around, repositions the line, looks left and right, drops back, looks to the middle and to the left for Sammy... SLIDES two small steps to his left to get a better lane and more time, then steps up and throws.

You aren't right.

And you comment on me, rather than Tyrod. Or was it Tyrod who has the "agenda", and you just misspelled his name?

And I don't have "takes".

I watch film.

I am right

And a multitude of stats bare that out

Including the most important stat

I don't mean to impose on your discussion, but this is absolutely a legitimate concern regarding Tyrod. In fact it is probably the biggest hole in his game going forward. Last night when he hit Karlos on the cross, the first thing that popped into my head was "was that his first completion between the numbers tonight?"

It's been an ongoing issue that he needs to find a way around if he's ever going to be a complete NFL QB.

Simon,

You are right.....hence the idea of "progression"

He showed something in his game not previously seen

But for stupidity on the part of the Jets, we won. The offense was ABYSMAL in the third quarter including a complete abortion by Taylor in the red zone in which he ran out of bounds taking an inexcusable sack.

But by all means, proclaim his perfection. I rather enjoy the silliness.

Joe

Sometimes games are just won dirty....thats football. The offense is gonna look abysmal when they are going against a really good defense wouldnt you agree?

The taking of the sacks is something Tyrod needs to work on......Tyrod is still a work in progress.