Tyrod Taylor, No Mistakes

Meatplow

He tries to do too much by himself with his feet, and it gets him in trouble sometimes. But overall, a pretty good performance on the road against a top defense.

This is the way I see it. When he would scramble I looked the down field over and he didn't have much options.

Edited by fansince88

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only that but we've been able to impose the running game on the opponent especially the #1 rated run D in the league. Taylor doesn't get those deep balls unless we can run the ball effectively.

Don't ever forget how having a noble QB helps the run game.

Fans never give credit to the QB being able to block a defender but that's exactly what Tyrod is doing on these run plays.

For example- did you notice those two big stops Wilkerson had on Tyrpd? It was on play actions. Well wilkerson was playing the QB- which means he wasn't playing the RB on all those runs MCCyo had up the gut.

That's the yin and yang.

I hear a lot of complaints about Tyrod not seeing open targets

It is really difficult without the all 22 to even know if he HAD open targets but I do know this.....Tyrod is in the top 5 of the NFL in several stat catagories.......and all the while protecting the ball

If he turns the ball over.....we dont win that game....and then we would be bitching that he turned the ball over.

He had at least 3 throws that hit receivers right in the hands......the throw in the 1st quarter to Watkins looked like one he should have been able to make a play on.....he throws the TD to Karlos......and makes key first down throws to seal the game

In the previous week......he had ONE incomplete pass......and Miami does have a good defense

Happy with Tyrod as he continues to grow as a starting QB

It is really difficult without the all 22 to even know if he HAD open targets but I do know this.....Tyrod is in the top 5 of the NFL in several stat catagories.......and all the while protecting the ball

If he turns the ball over.....we dont win that game....and then we would be bitching that he turned the ball over.

He had at least 3 throws that hit receivers right in the hands......the throw in the 1st quarter to Watkins looked like one he should have been able to make a play on.....he throws the TD to Karlos......and makes key first down throws to seal the game

In the previous week......he had ONE incomplete pass......and Miami does have a good defense

There was nothing in last night's game that was indicative of growth. The best thing that can be said about Tyrod's performance is that he didn't lose us the game.

He really uses his arm strength to protect the ball and to minimize the negative affects of his limitations. He gets away with locking into his primary because he can zip it in there and make a play despite locking in. Dbs can't sit back and read his eyes since they may not get there in time.

Everyone knows that I am a big Tyrod fan. I thought that yesterday was one of the worst games that he has played this year. He struggled throwing the ball and couldn't get it going on the ground. With that being said he once again took care of the football!! That is so important and underrated. He usually makes some big plays and maybe if Watkins jumped a half-second later we are praising Tyrod's performance again. I really believe that he is going to be the guy. I love his football instincts. He has a really good feel for the game.

I like you have quickly jumped in on the TT fan club. When I saw how he threw the ball in preseason he made an impression on me that at the minimum he was a dramatic upgrade over what we have and have had for a long time. The more I see of him the more my initial impressions are confirmed, and then some.

You make an excellent observation that although TT didn't have an exceptional game he was good enough to keep his team in the game. As you astutely noted that is a reflection of his maturity and football smarts. The Bills were going against one of the best DLs and defenses in the game. Our offense struggled with getting first downs. Yet he didn't panic and force some throws that could turn out to be killer turnovers. Just recall what happened with EJ and his turnovers in London! This coaching staff doesn't trust him to the extent that a new vagabond qb replaced him on the active roster.

To carry your point to another sport in baseball what distinguishes very good pitchers from pedestrian pitchers is how they perform when they don't have their best stuff. It takes a lot of character and moxie to hang in their when you are not at your best and give your team a chance to win. That is a talent in itself (as you so stated).

With TT taking the snaps there is no guarantee that the Bills will win. But what he does give the team is a chance in every game. (Maybe not against NE!) He also has played at a consistent level in which he can make big plays and not have you surprised about it. As a long time Buffalo Bill fan that is a sensation that I haven't had in a long time.

Before the season started, many of us said, all we need Is a QB who doesn't make mistakes that cost us the game and we are solid. We said this team had enough other strengths to win with a "game manager". Turns out that Tyrod is more than that and when healthy, is dynamic and skilled enough to win games by himself. But even now, when he is clearly not 100% physically, he has the ability to win by doing what we first asked for.

That's the perfect description of this situation. Close the thread boys. We're finished here!

It was surprising to see Wilkerson chase him down multiple times. It is obvious his knee is still a problem. Who wants to bet that a Cheat takes a twist on it next Monday?

I thought it was laughable when Phil Simms accused TT of "Not throwing his receiver open" on the touchdown to Karlos. Obviously, with 3 defenders in the vicinity, TT had to see if Los could get across the face of the LB on the circle route. He could not have thrown it sooner because he could not have been sure of the LB's response. I don't get how a 26 yard TD pass on a beautiful pattern and pass could be criticized, but Simms has found a way to display his intellect once again!

There was nothing in last night's game that was indicative of growth. The best thing that can be said about Tyrod's performance is that he didn't lose us the game.

I'll tell you where I saw growth last night - the offensive line. A few weeks back, we were asking if Kromer would make a difference. Well here's your answer. First quarter, we were getting hammered by pressure. Then, the adjustments were made. That's where you get your money's worth - in-game changes. It was like two different games. That first drive in the second half was beautiful. It will be overshadowed by the 4 consecutive 3andOuts, but those fall on Roman. Kromer is definitely making a difference for our line.

TTT with each passing game you look worse and worse with this stance you will not come off of.

But thats ok....hang on till the end.

What in the world are you talking about?

This was one of his worse games this season. He, once again, made mistakes in the pocket. He missed open receivers because he locked on to his primary. He didn't make pre-snap reads, which led to him taking unnecessary pressure and missing hot reads. He went an entire quarter without registering a first down.

The very best thing you can say about his performance is that he didn't lose us the game, because he protected the ball and didn't turn it over, which, while not to be underestimated, is the hall mark or a successful game manager, not a franchise type quarterback.

Tyrod did his best Trent Dilfer last night. He did not win us the game; but rather our defense did.

That's not evidence of growth.

Why can't you just accept that?

I'll tell you where I saw growth last night - the offensive line. A few weeks back, we were asking if Kromer would make a difference. Well here's your answer. First quarter, we were getting hammered by pressure. Then, the adjustments were made. That's where you get your money's worth - in-game changes. It was like two different games. That first drive in the second half was beautiful. It will be overshadowed by the 4 consecutive 3andOuts, but those fall on Roman. Kromer is definitely making a difference for our line.

I agree with this, but I was talking specifically about growth in Tyrod's game; given that is what this thread is about.

This was one of his worse games this season. He, once again, made mistakes in the pocket. He missed open receivers because he locked on to his primary. He didn't make pre-snap reads, which led to him taking unnecessary pressure and missing hot reads. He went an entire quarter without registering a first down.

The very best thing you can say about his performance is that he didn't lose us the game, because he protected the ball and didn't turn it over, which, while not to be underestimated, is the hall mark or a successful game manager, not a franchise type quarterback.

Tyrod did his best Trent Dilfer last night. He did not win us the game; but rather our defense did.

I agree with this, but I was talking specifically about growth in Tyrod's game; given that is what this thread is about.

Like I said....you have an agenda and your pushing it

What are going to do with Tyrod is the starting QB of this team next year?

I just watched the opening pass play again on the replay. Three different times. It was another perfect bomb that would have hit Watkins right on the money for a TD if he kept running.

But that's not "growth," that's just what he does great, so it doesn't count.

I just watched the opening pass play again on the replay. Three different times. It was another perfect bomb that would have hit Watkins right on the money for a TD if he kept running.

Give the jets credit....they had defenders swarming around Tyrod the entire game.....

A lot of people are discounting the fact that Tyrod did not turn that ball over....im not...that in itself is a solid pro QB trait

He made a monumental mistake when he took a 7 yard sack near the Jets' goal line when he ran OOB instead of throwing it away.

Yeah, was going to mention this. He needs to know when to give up on a play and throw the ball away vs when there's still a chance to do something. But aside from this, he was solid.

Like I said....you have an agenda and your pushing it

What are going to do with Tyrod is the starting QB of this team next year?

This has gone beyond your devout inability to perceive any flaws in Tyrod's game; and your propensity to ogle him with slack-jawed, wide-eyed wonder.

You're delusional.

What in the world do you perceive to be my "agenda"? What do you think I could possibly do to impose an agenda if I had one?

I simply have the capacity to watch the game objectively, and note that there are things that Tyrod has not done well.

That's not an agenda: that's understanding what I'm seeing.

But you're incapable of that. When asked, point blank, what flaws Tyrod had in his game, the only thing you were able to answer was "needs to slide more often and sooner".

That's delusional.

Let me also say this about the "growth" of Tyrod Taylor

Growth of a QB cannot be measured in a game by game basis......especially as a first year starter.....QBs are gonna be up and down because of mulitude of factors

In the Miami game.......he has ONE incompletion

In the jets game......a lot more incompletions? What factors into that? Inaccurate passes, miscommunications, wide recievers dropping balls, talent level of the opposing defense etc etc etc

Most consider Joe Flacco to be a "franchise qb".......do you guys think that Joe Flacco doesnt have up and down games over the course of a season based on the above factors?

This has gone beyond your devout inability to perceive any flaws in Tyrod's game; and your propensity to ogle him with slack-jawed, wide-eyed wonder.

You're delusional.

What in the world do you perceive to be my "agenda"? What do you think I could possibly do to impose an agenda if I had one?

I simply have the capacity to watch the game objectively, and note that there are things that Tyrod has not done well.

That's not an agenda: that's understanding what I'm seeing.

But you're incapable of that. When asked, point blank, what flaws Tyrod had in his game, the only thing you were able to answer was "needs to slide more often and sooner".

That's delusional.

No...as a matter of fact you do NOT have a ability to look at Tyrod's game objectively (or for that matter even carry a conversation regarding it....as soon as you are questioned you result degrading the poster you are speaking to almost immediatelly because you dont like being questioned.