The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

THE WHITE AND THE WOKE: How Antifa and Condé Nast have taken over the Black Lives Matter protests.

In Washington, DC, the Millennial rioters threw paint on the statue of Gandhi outside the Indian embassy. Since the Subaru-driving classes gave up on God, Gandhi has been their next best thing, a vegetarian who broke an empire, a Lennon in a loincloth, a divinity in a dhoti. The failure of middle-class whites to recognize him shows how badly the educational system here is failing. The kids can’t even recognize their false gods.

The young American left talks like Marx, but their revolution is Tocqueville’s: the “revolution of rising expectations”. As in pre-1789 France or pre-1917 Russia, America’s educational system produces more prospective members of the elite than the state and the market can employ. The liberal order that enriched the Millennials’ grandparents and parents has failed to enrich them. It is, in fact, holding them down, because the “silverbacks” of the older generation are still in power.

The Millennials talk of “safe spaces” because there are fewer safe spaces in American life, fewer secure perches in a gig economy that makes Uber drivers out of college grads. The only safe space is now inside an institution, whether of government, education or media. Once you have that spot, the only way to protect it from the increasingly vicious competition of your peers and rivals is to outplay them in the rhetoric of identity politics.

Read the whole thing, as Maoist “struggle sessions” continue to roll through leftist-dominated media institutions:

● JK Rowling and the publisher’s staff revolt: Workers at publishing house Hachette threaten to down tools on her new children’s book because of her ‘transphobic’ views.

The crybullies got their way with cancelling Hachette’s publication of Woody Allen’s autobiography, so why not try again with Rowling?

● A Reckoning at Condé Nast.

● “Internal Uprising” Within LA Times Newsroom Over Racial Inequality, Coverage Of BLM Protests.

● The National Book Critics Circle Has Imploded.

Mexican-American Accused of Making ‘White Power’ Sign by Overzealous SJW is Fired.

“Cafferty is Mexican-American and says he comes from a diverse family of all races.

He says he’s proud of SDG&E for taking any allegations of racism seriously, but he wants his job back…

Cafferty is just another casualty of an overzealous social justice warrior.

He should file a wrongful termination lawsuit against SDG&E.”

This is not just another "what if" , this actually happened.

A man lost his job because someone didn't like the way he was holding his fingers !!!!!

Liberalism is a mental disease.

• Thank you (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, B-Man said:

Mexican-American Accused of Making ‘White Power’ Sign by Overzealous SJW is Fired.

“Cafferty is Mexican-American and says he comes from a diverse family of all races.

He says he’s proud of SDG&E for taking any allegations of racism seriously, but he wants his job back…

A man lost his job because someone didn't like the way he was holding his fingers !!!!!

What the *****???

For their part, SDG&E issued a statement which said, “We hold all SDG&E employees to a high standard and expect them to live up to our values every day. We conducted a good faith and thorough investigation that included gathering relevant information and multiple interviews, and took appropriate action.”

I would love to know what kind of investigation they had and who they interviewed and what the relevant information they came up with that made this action justified.  

• Thank you (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, B-Man said:

The most insane part of this is it requires you to be responsible for how total strangers react to everything you do. I had to explain to my students not to use the term "wilding" for having a party because some people would take it the wrong way. But at no point would I hold them responsible for someone chosing to be offended by it.

• Thank you (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

The most insane part of this is it requires you to be responsible for how total strangers react to everything you do. I had to explain to my students not to use the term "wilding" for having a party because some people would take it the wrong way. But at no point would I hold them responsible for someone chosing to be offended by it.

I'm sorry maybe it's because I'm old but what is wilding and how can it be taken the wrong way? 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Chef Jim said:

I'm sorry maybe it's because I'm old but what is wilding and how can it be taken the wrong way? 

Wilding is the term used by teens when they randomly attack and rob people. If my student say they are going wilding they mean to a large party, if I said it 25 years ago I would mean it criminally.

2 hours ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Wilding is the term used by teens when they randomly attack and rob people. If my student say they are going wilding they mean to a large party, if I said it 25 years ago I would mean it criminally.

So randomly attacking and robbing people is a thing  with it's own word.  Awesome.  ?

:doh:

THE DEMAND FOR HATE IN AMERICA FAR EXCEEDS THE SUPPLY: 

‘Nooses’ In Oakland Park Were Exercise Aids, Man Says:

The Police Department provided five photographs of trees, some of which showed knotted ropes and one that appeared to have a piece of plastic pipe attached to a rope, hanging from tree limbs.

They have been removed by city officials.

Victor Sengbe, who is black, told KGO-TV that the ropes were part of a rigging that he and his friends used as part of a larger swing system. He also shared video of the swing in use.

“Out of the dozen and hundreds and thousands of people that walked by, no one has thought that it looked anywhere close to a noose. Folks have used it for exercise. It was really a fun addition to the park that we tried to create,” Sengbe said.

“It’s unfortunate that a genuine gesture of just wanting to have a good time got misinterpreted into something so heinous,” he told the station.

BLJBN4DABBF7ZOPAQOTXLZLLZA.jpg

Flashback: Facebook friends each reported nooses at different colleges. One was a damaged power cable.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 6/18/2020 at 3:24 PM, B-Man said:

It looks to me like he's flicking a booger.

(oh no, am I going to lose my job for saying booger??)

38 minutes ago, CarpetCrawler said:

You will, but it will be in 3-5 years, after some 'fact checking' group of virtue signaling losers dredges up this post.

It was nice knowing you.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, CarpetCrawler said:

Are you Dr. Johnny Fever?

• Haha (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, B-Man said:

"Caught" doesn't seem to be there correct word for most of the people on the list.

Don't forget Robert Downy Jr.

Also is it still ok to pretend to be Hispanic for entertainment purposes?

Also:

What about being handicapped (mentally or physically), being a little person, being older or younger than their actual age, being blonde instead of brunette, having fake boobs, playing the opposite sex, pretending to be gay or straight, or even acting like a different person?

ARE ISLAM AND CHRISTIANITY THAT DIFFERENT?

Well, yes, according to philosopher Kenneth Samples, the world’s two major religions share some superficial similarities, but peer a tiny bit below the surfaces and they are like night and day, on two different planets, in separate universes, occupying opposite dimensions. Did I mention they aren’t alike?

YES: Defund the Thought Police. 

“Dissent from their approved views is not just considered an error, much less an innocent one. It is considered immoral, illegitimate, and unworthy of a public hearing.

Although both left and right have moved steadily toward this abyss, the worst excesses today come from the left, just as they came from the right in the 1950s.

Opponents are seen in religious terms, as dangerous apostates who deserve to be burned at the stake, at least symbolically. You never expect the Spanish Inquisition. Yet here it is. That is the powerful iconography behind torching police cars and neighborhood stores.”

On 6/22/2020 at 5:38 PM, B-Man said:

hfKLfxn.jpg

you know this isn't even remotely true lmao 

conservatives B word and moan more than any group in the country when they can't get what they want. did you not see the protests about the lockdowns?

can't get a haircut? lets protest about it and stand around with our guns looking like a bunch of idiotic losers. 

34 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

conservatives B word and moan more than any group in the country when they can't get what they want. did you not see the protests about the lockdowns?

can't get a haircut? lets protest about it and stand around with our guns looking like a bunch of idiotic losers. 

Funny thing but the conservatives that protested lockdowns did so for things like getting back to work or showing their displeasure with tyrannical orders by tyrannical governors. Lefties tend to "protest" by rioting, looting, arson and doing violent harm to others. 

• Like (+1) 3

50 minutes ago, Penfield45 said:

"can't get a haircut".  You do know there are people that earn all their money cutting people's hair, right?

You are the 

F

U

C

K

I

N

G

idiot, good sir.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Penfield45 said:

You know it is true.

That's why you were compelled to respond to the post (and fail)

The overwhelming majority of censorship in this country comes from the Left.

That is a truth that you cannot face.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 3rdnlng said:

Funny thing but the conservatives that protested lockdowns did so for things like getting back to work or showing their displeasure with tyrannical orders by tyrannical governors. Lefties tend to "protest" by rioting, looting, arson and doing violent harm to others. 

funny thing but those "tyrannical orders" saved thousands of lives in many states. the governors that didn't do that are still dealing with spikes in cases currently. you can literally see which states are the worst run in the country (florida, texas), no surprise they are run by right wing nutjobs who have no idea what they are doing. 

and fyi if you think staying inside to save lives during the worst viral outbreak in our lifetime is considered "tyrannical" you are a ***** moron. people like you who have turned the pandemic into a political conspiracy are disgraceful to the millions of people who have suffered from this virus and lost loved ones.  

Edited by Penfield45