The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

THE FLASH ACTOR HARTLEY SAWYER CANCELLED FOR BAD TWEETS FROM BEFORE HE WAS FAMOUS:

“Hartley Sawyer sent some bad tweets before anybody had ever heard of him, and in the space of one day he’s irredeemably fallen. He mocked Al Sharpton, and now he must pay. Now his friends and colleagues have thrown him to the wolves, because they know if they don’t, they could be next.”

UPDATE (FROM GLENN): If they do, they could still be next. That’s how these things work. But a lot of people who live for the approval of their peers are learning just how sad and shallow their peers are.

Once a witch hunt gets going, the most important thing is to make sure somebody else is the witch.

When a mob of angry people are emboldened by their successes and need someone else to hurt, that someone else could be you. How do you keep that from happening? How do you protect yourself?

“I saw Goody Proctor with the Devil!”
“Are you now or have you ever been a member of the Communist Party?”
“He wrote ‘Boof’ in his high school yearbook! Can’t you see he’s a rapist?”
“Did you see what this guy on TV tweeted before he was famous?”

hartley_sawyer_cancelled-730x487.png  That’s it. That’s why his career is now ruined.

LIBERALISM IS A MENTAL DISORDER.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, westside2 said:

This one doesn't make sense. The white people look like a bunch of idiots in it.

Think of GWTW -- it's the first Oscar win for a black actress, now it's relegated to the dust bin of history, erasing her accomplishment along with it. 

These people aren't really trying to fight racism with book burning. They're trying to control society and its thoughts to better ensure their own power. 

• Like (+1) 5
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Deranged Rhino said:

Think of GWTW -- it's the first Oscar win for a black actress, now it's relegated to the dust bin of history, erasing her accomplishment along with it. 

These people aren't really trying to fight racism with book burning. They're trying to control society and its thoughts to better ensure their own power. 

Absolutely. I hope the people being used in there scheme wake up and realize they are being used.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, westside2 said:

Absolutely. I hope the people being used in there scheme wake up and realize they are being used.

Unfortunately; it’s probably too late for far too many of them. Others will ride it to the brink of toppling and jump off just in time. The smart ones; they’ve identified the mental instability for what it is and won’t get on board.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, The Guy In Pants said:

Unfortunately; it’s probably too late for far too many of them. Others will ride it to the brink of toppling and jump off just in time. The smart ones; they’ve identified the mental instability for what it is and won’t get on board.

I've got my bug out bag ready. I never thought I'd see what is going on. It's going to get worse. You've got to prepare yourself. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, westside2 said:

I've got my bug out bag ready. I never thought I'd see what is going on. It's going to get worse. You've got to prepare yourself. 

What bothers me the most; I think; is that the alarms were sounded by many people throughout the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. They were mocked, stripped of their platforms or worse. Here we are now. We are in a place that most of us alive; unless they came to this country trying to flee from what we are seeing, are not accustomed to seeing. 

There are some on this very forum who have outed themselves as completely clueless and their naivety is deafening. All of those who lived under the idea that “it couldn’t happen here” are waking up every morning and staring right at it and many of them don’t even know it.   

Edited by The Guy In Pants
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

Just now, The Guy In Pants said:

What bothers me the most; I think; is that the alarms were sounded by many people throughout the 60’s, 70’s and 80’s. They were mocked, stripped of their platforms or worse. Here we are now. We are in a place that most of us alive; unless they came to this country trying to flee from what we are seeing, are not accustomed to seeing. 

There are some on this very forum who have outed themselves as completely clueless and their naivety is deafening. All of those who lived under the idea that “it couldn’t happen here” are waking up every morning and staring right at it.  

This is just another form of coup. The first one didn't work, so now they are pulling out all stops to take over the country.  The BLM doesn't care about black people. They are a political party based on domestic terrorism. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, westside2 said:

This is just another form of coup. The first one didn't work, so now they are pulling out all stops to take over the country.  The BLM doesn't care about black people. They are a political party based on domestic terrorism. 

It’s actually blatantly obvious. The anti-Trump movement is because he doesn’t conform and they don’t like it. He’s not a threat to America. He’s a threat to their “America” and that’s all there is to it. 

1 minute ago, westside2 said:

What's funny is that when the Deep State War thread started, I pointed out that the war had already begun and would only grow worse. But I don't think even I saw it getting to this extreme 5 years into it. But here we are. One side is a dying, wounded animal. They have two tools left at their disposal (the media/entertainment control, the technology/silicon valley control) -- the rest have been stripped away. 

That makes them dangerous, but they're not going to win. It's just about winding down the clock now.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Presumably, Mel Brooks’ Blazing Saddles is on the shortlist for the Memory Hole as well.

As John Nolte warned in 2014 at Big Hollywood: ‘Blazing Saddles’ Review: Buy a Copy Before the Left Burns Them All.

The main writers are Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor. 

• Like (+1) 1

article-6337-1.jpg     McGruff The Crime Dog Put Down

NEW YORK, NY—In response to a growing anti-police sentiment, McGruff the Crime Dog has been taken to the vet and put down.

“We just didn’t feel safe with him around,” said activist Ray Clarke, one of the people who demanded McGruff be euthanized. “He was always urging people to ‘Take a bite out of crime,’ and we don’t need more violence like that from law enforcement. He has to die.

https://babylonbee.com/news/mcgruff-the-crime-dog-put-down?utm_content=buffera78e1&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

53 minutes ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not know if any of you read Legal Insurrection. There is a campaign afoot to get Professor Jacobson (who owns Legal Insurrection and is a Cornell Law Professor) fired or "publicly denounced." Now, you would think a law school would know better, but maybe not?

I followed that site going back to before the Trayvon Martin case but for some reason it always took too long to open and I got away from it. I know B-Man follows it, or at least did follow it. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, B-Man said:

Those drama classes really paid off..................?

"Sleeping in your bed shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Playing video games shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Shopping in a store shouldn't be a death sentence!"

Good ***** Lord.  Get a grip people.  

Oh and next time if you want to be taken seriously?  Use your own words.  Not a script someone wrote for you.  

• Like (+1) 1

IT’S COME TO THIS: 

Boston to reassess future of Columbus statue beheaded in North End.

In other news from the land of John Kerry, Berklee College Bans Boston Cops From Restroom:

“Berklee President Roger Brown said in a letter to the school community that allowing the officers inside on Sunday, May 31, perpetuated ‘feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalization.’ Brown, who is stepping down from his post at the Boston music school next year, added: ‘Let us assure you, this should not have happened, and going forward, it will not happen again.’”

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Chef Jim said:

"Sleeping in your bed shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Playing video games shouldn't be a death sentence!"

"Shopping in a store shouldn't be a death sentence!"

Good ***** Lord.  Get a grip people.  

Oh and next time if you want to be taken seriously?  Use your own words.  Not a script someone wrote for you.  

That’s exactly the kind of ***** stick I would assume could find fault with a mother ***** puppy cartoon character. Hopefully this one doesn’t reproduce and if it does; God help the child.

20 minutes ago, B-Man said:

IT’S COME TO THIS: 

Boston to reassess future of Columbus statue beheaded in North End.

In other news from the land of John Kerry, Berklee College Bans Boston Cops From Restroom:

“Berklee President Roger Brown said in a letter to the school community that allowing the officers inside on Sunday, May 31, perpetuated ‘feelings of oppression, silencing, and marginalization.’ Brown, who is stepping down from his post at the Boston music school next year, added: ‘Let us assure you, this should not have happened, and going forward, it will not happen again.’”

***** mentally ill man. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

I do not know if any of you read Legal Insurrection. There is a campaign afoot to get Professor Jacobson (who owns Legal Insurrection and is a Cornell Law Professor) fired or "publicly denounced." Now, you would think a law school would know better, but maybe not?

"Ever since I started Legal Insurrection in October 2008, it’s been an awkward relationship given the overwhelmingly liberal faculty and atmosphere."

"Living as a conservative on a liberal campus is like being the mouse waiting for the cat to pounce.

For over 12 years, the Cornell cat did not pounce. Though there were frequent and aggressive attempts by outsiders to get me fired, including threats and harassment, it always came from off campus.... Not until now, to the best of my knowledge, has there been an effort from inside the Cornell community to get me fired.

The impetus for the effort was two posts I wrote at Legal Insurrection regarding the history and tactics of the Black Lives Matter Movement: The impetus for the effort was two posts I wrote at Legal Insurrection regarding the history and tactics of the Black Lives Matter Movement: 'Reminder: “Hands up, don’t shoot” is a fabricated narrative from the Michael Brown case ,"  "The Bloodletting and Wilding Is Part of An Agenda To Tear Down The Country."...

My clinical faculty colleagues, apparently in consultation with the Black Law Students Association, drafted and then published in the Cornell Sun on June 9 a letter [with] absurd name-calling, distorting and even misquoting my writings, to the extent it purports to be about me....

None of the 21 signatories, some of whom I’d worked closely with for over a decade and who I considered friends, had the common decency to approach me with any concerns....

We are living in extraordinarily dangerous times, reminiscent of the Chinese Communist Cultural Revolution, in which professors guilty of wrongthink were publicy denounced and fired at the behest of students who insisted on absolute ideological orthodoxy. It’s a way of instilling terror in other students, faculty, staff, and society, so that others shut up and don’t voice dissenting views."

From "There’s an effort to get me fired at Cornell for criticizing the Black Lives Matter Movement" by William Jacobson

• Thank you (+1) 1