The Mizzou/Yale/PC/Free Speech Topic

FireChan

FU GP  That older woman has an excellent case for a harassment charge, Also for  the photographer creating a publicc disturbance in the police lobby.

3 minutes ago, Wacka said:

FU GP  That older woman has an excellent case for a harassment charge, Also for  the photographer creating a publicc disturbance in the police lobby.

Coming from a racist like you who had an n bomb censored on the previous page, I'm not shocked this is your opinion.

14 minutes ago, Warren Zevon said:

Coming from a racist like you who had an n bomb censored on the previous page, I'm not shocked this is your opinion.

Hey stupid,  What you are referring to was my own self  censorship, I knew it would be censored m so I put the asterisks  in myself. Besides that's the title of Pryor's third album from 1974. Probably what he wold say.  Also to blow your  mind,  he was  co-screenwriter  of Blazing Saddles with Mel Brooks. Mel wanted him for  Clevon Little's role but the studio heads were  concerned with  Pryor's drug use.

Edited by Wacka

1 minute ago, Wacka said:

Also to blow your  mind,  he was  co-screenwriter  of Blazing Saddles with Mel Brooks. Mel want=ws him for  ClevonLittle's paer, but the studio heads were  xpnedned with  Pryor's drug use.

This grammar blew my mind indeed. Are you Donald Trump?

Go ahead and mock me instead of   addressing the  post. As I told   someone the other day, Thats a combination of fat fingers,  bad spellchecker and sometimes hitting the keys next   to the ones I want to because of aftereffects from my stroke six years ago.  spellchecker was spellxbexjer until  I looked it over and corrected it..

• Thank you (+1) 2

19 hours ago, Hedge said:

Let me tell y’all something about Paw Patrol. I KNOW Paw Patrol. I’ve watched multiple episodes while babysitting my nephew and niece. I have purchased very awesome Paw Patrol toys for their birthdays. Paw Patrol is about teamwork and service to the community. I also know Chase, the dog in question. He’s no Derek Chauvin. He’s one of the many good ones. He is a natural leader with a strong moral compass.

I am a firm believer that vigorous free speech is good and PC cancel culture is bad. Anyone who is given the power to determine what is considered “healthy” speech and “unhealthy” speech for everyone else’s consumption should be met with deep suspicion. And from a left-wing political strategy perspective, I also believe the PC police/cancel culture/SJW’s/super woke crowd are distracting voters from the deeper and more subtle systemic issues that plague our country: crony capitalism, media corruption, neoliberalism, the military-industrial complex, climate change, etc. Taking the serious issues of systemic racism and police brutality to such laughably absurd extremes within the free speech domain only further alienates moderates, Boomers, and the white working class from left-wing politics.

I don’t know when (or if?!) the pendulum of public consensus will swing back on these PC cultural issues. All I know is that it’s time we stand up right now in defense of Paw Patrol. I think Nickelodeon’s headquarters are here in Manhattan. Anyone else with me?! Someone may also need to order a pallet of bricks. Updates to come. “Chase is on the case,” indeed. Chase has ALWAYS been on the case. And Chase WILL continue to be on the case if Kay has her say. I, too, stand with Paw Patrol. Do you? #IStandWithPawPatrol

• Like (+1) 4

On 6/12/2020 at 7:10 PM, RealKayAdams said:

Let me tell y’all something about Paw Patrol. I KNOW Paw Patrol. I’ve watched multiple episodes while babysitting my nephew and niece. I have purchased very awesome Paw Patrol toys for their birthdays. Paw Patrol is about teamwork and service to the community. I also know Chase, the dog in question. He’s no Derek Chauvin. He’s one of the many good ones. He is a natural leader with a strong moral compass.

I am a firm believer that vigorous free speech is good and PC cancel culture is bad. Anyone who is given the power to determine what is considered “healthy” speech and “unhealthy” speech for everyone else’s consumption should be met with deep suspicion. And from a left-wing political strategy perspective, I also believe the PC police/cancel culture/SJW’s/super woke crowd are distracting voters from the deeper and more subtle systemic issues that plague our country: crony capitalism, media corruption, neoliberalism, the military-industrial complex, climate change, etc. Taking the serious issues of systemic racism and police brutality to such laughably absurd extremes within the free speech domain only further alienates moderates, Boomers, and the white working class from left-wing politics.

I don’t know when (or if?!) the pendulum of public consensus will swing back on these PC cultural issues. All I know is that it’s time we stand up right now in defense of Paw Patrol. I think Nickelodeon’s headquarters are here in Manhattan. Anyone else with me?! Someone may also need to order a pallet of bricks. Updates to come. “Chase is on the case,” indeed. Chase has ALWAYS been on the case. And Chase WILL continue to be on the case if Kay has her say. I, too, stand with Paw Patrol. Do you? #IStandWithPawPatrol

Regarding the pendulum swing. The pendulum of public consensus is not a wild swing.  It is a slight swing from left to right which means it finds itself mostly in the middle.  The extremes are the ones that get all the attention however but they are in the vast minority.  The percentage of the public that thinks a kid cartoon about teamwork is bad because it shows the police dog as a good character has to be VERY low. 

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Like (+1) 2

Irony Overload: Autonomous Zone ‘Warlord’ May Soon Be Canceled after Old Homophobic Tweets Surface

Original Article

As we’ve previously reported, the Democrat/media-driven rush to “cancel” anyone who decides to think for themselves instead of participating in left-wing groupthink in the aftermath of the death of George Floyd is at a fever pitch, with professors, media figures, and pro-sports icons among those being tossed into the fire left and right. But in an ironic twist of fate, a cancel notice may soon be coming for Raz Simone, the “warlord” of the radical Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone (CHAZ) in Seattle, Washington as old homophobic tweets from his Twitter account have surfaced that appear to be legit based on various web archive websites (language warning):

:lol:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

Thumbnail

1214th they came for anyone supporting cops, but I did nothing.

1215th they came for the Paw Patrol, but I did nothing.

1216th they came for kids making dolls for children of slain officers, but I did nothing.

How high we going with this?

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 2

20 hours ago, B-Man said:

1. If they are going to remove conservatives then the "all students" thing would have to go too.

2. Of all schools to moralize in a tweet....Penn State.  They left off:  Dear local children.  Your safety from pedophiles matters.  Less than our football program by a wide margin....but still it matters.

• Haha (+1) 1

Liberals have two choices:

1 Submit to the Left.

2 Alliance with nationalists, conservatives, and Christians.

There are no other choices.

Edited by B-Man
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

Liberals have two choices:

1 Submit to the Left.

2 Alliance with nationalists, conservatives, and Christians.

There are no other choices.

Option 1 requires them abandoning all their core liberal ideologies and principles they (think) they're clinging to. 

Option 2 requires them to abandon nothing but the fascist/Marxist habits they picked up during their programming. 

Yet most of them would say Option 1 is "freedom". 

The brainwashing runs deep.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Deranged Rhino said:

I'd feel bad for Howy, but he made his bed. 

I never liked his gig but no one should lose their gig or livelihood just because a group of people don't like you.  

EDIT:  BTW when are they coming after Mel Brooks?  Or have they already?

Edited by Chef Jim
  • Thank you (+1) 2

BRENDAN O’NEILL ON J.K. ROWLING ON FACEBOOK:

I disagree with JK Rowling on a lot. I have never read a single word of a Harry Potter book. But seriously, every institution in the UK could learn something from her refusal to capitulate to the fuming mob who have spent weeks abusing and insulting her and trying to get her cancelled simply because she believes there is such a thing as biological reality.

In their tens of thousands people have lined up to denounce her, to call her “pure scum”, to tell her to shut the f**k up. Including the three actors who became famous on the back of the Harry Potter stories — the celeb equivalent of children denouncing their parents in Stalinist Russia. She knows there will be protests if she speaks in public again, she knows some millennials are burning her books, she knows she will be defamed and boycotted for years. And yet she is sticking to her guns. That is so unusual in these yellow-bellied times.

Imagine if every university, corporation, media channel, streaming service, local council and politician did likewise every time noisy agitators called on them to ban something or apologize for something or to sack people for wrongthink. Britain would be a very different, and far better, place.

True.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, B-Man said:

BRENDAN O’NEILL ON J.K. ROWLING ON FACEBOOK:

I disagree with JK Rowling on a lot. I have never read a single word of a Harry Potter book. But seriously, every institution in the UK could learn something from her refusal to capitulate to the fuming mob who have spent weeks abusing and insulting her and trying to get her cancelled simply because she believes there is such a thing as biological reality.

In their tens of thousands people have lined up to denounce her, to call her “pure scum”, to tell her to shut the f**k up. Including the three actors who became famous on the back of the Harry Potter stories — the celeb equivalent of children denouncing their parents in Stalinist Russia. She knows there will be protests if she speaks in public again, she knows some millennials are burning her books, she knows she will be defamed and boycotted for years. And yet she is sticking to her guns. That is so unusual in these yellow-bellied times.

Imagine if every university, corporation, media channel, streaming service, local council and politician did likewise every time noisy agitators called on them to ban something or apologize for something or to sack people for wrongthink. Britain would be a very different, and far better, place.

True.

B-Man,

I just wanted to take a time out to say thank you for all the links you provide on the US perspective on the poisonous hypocrisy and lies of the feral left. It is greatly appreciated!

You are a one-stop shop for an Aussie conservative (side note: in Australia, NZ and the UK we conservatives are known as...Liberals!!) - the anti-left eBay of TBD if you will.

Thanks mate!! ?

Edited by SydneyBillsFan
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, B-Man said:

I stopped listening to him in 2004, when he would constantly go on hour-long rants about how Bush sucked and how Kerry was going to be great.

I listened to him to be entertained, not to be force fed his political ideology.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

PRIORITIES: 

Public university creates high-ranking diversity position, exempts from COVID-19 hiring freeze. 

“Some things are more important than fiscal prudence in a time of plummeting university income.

Namely, an associate vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion.”

Hey, if they’re short on money they can always lay off faculty.

1 hour ago, B-Man said:

PRIORITIES: 

Public university creates high-ranking diversity position, exempts from COVID-19 hiring freeze. 

“Some things are more important than fiscal prudence in a time of plummeting university income.

Namely, an associate vice president for diversity, equity and inclusion.”

Hey, if they’re short on money they can always lay off faculty.

I posted some time ago about the ridiculous amount of money being spent at the University of Michigan regarding their 93 diversity officers:

https://www.intellectualtakeout.org/article/diversity-staff-university-michigan-nearly-100-full-time-employees/

No wonder some of our academia is nothing more than a joke.

• Like (+1) 2

Racist-Bran.jpg

Now your cereal is racist – Disgraced British ex-politician is accusing Kelloggs of racism due to its mascots

At some point the madness regarding racism has to hit a wall. We may be approaching that moment, if this example has not brought us here.

Former member of British Parliament Fiona Onasanya is a bit miffed, it appears.  Maybe getting chased out of office for illegal actions has her feeling inconsequential, but we have to question is this is the way to go.

Fiona had written a tersely-worded email to the British headquarters of Kelloggs recently and she has not received a satisfactory response to her liking. Since this lack of proper notification still stands Fiona has taken to social media in the do-you-know-who-I-am fashion in order to go Full Karen over what she declares one of the most pressing issues of our time.

This is where we have arrived as a society; with cities across the globe melting down it is over trivial issues such as this that the emotions remain stoked. That is, for those select few who take this insipid line of thinking seriously. Hope still percolates for mankind as there have been plenty willing to call out the idiocy of this kind of outrage.

tenor.gif?itemid=3434127

• Haha (+1) 2