Why not Extend Incognito Now?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would love to see them sign Incognito to an extension.

I would be very surprised if they are not able to keep him. Seems like he's happy to be here and thankful for the second chance.

Unless his agent pushes him to Free agency, I think a reasonable 2-3 yr deal gets done.

I would love to see them sign Incognito to an extension.

I would be very surprised if they are not able to keep him. Seems like he's happy to be here and thankful for the second chance.

Unless his agent pushes him to Free agency, I think a reasonable 2-3 yr deal gets done.

those are my thoughts, he seems happy, glad for the second chance .. etc.. but.. does his agent tell him to wait? hopefully his agent isnt eugene parker.

i think there will be a disconnect between what he deserves and what other teams are actually willing to pay him. he's played well enough to get a big contract but he wont get that because most teams wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole. that brings his value down so what we are willing to pay might not meet his expectations based on his play

i think there will be a disconnect between what he deserves and what other teams are actually willing to pay him. he's played well enough to get a big contract but he wont get that because most teams wouldn't touch him with a 10 ft pole. that brings his value down so what we are willing to pay might not meet his expectations based on his play

I think you are hoping this is the case. If Richie continues to play at this level and makes it to the pro bowl, every team will be fine signing him. He is going to be one of the more sought after interior lineman come the off season. Richie's age will have more to do with his contract than the bully thing a few years ago. Even more so now that Martin is out of the league.

Edited by atlbillsfan1975

I think you are hoping this is the case. If Richie continues to play at this level and makes it to the pro bowl, every team will be fine signing him. He is going to be one of the more sought after interior lineman come the off season. Richie's age will have more to do with his contract than the bully thing a few years ago. Even more so now that Martin is out of the league.

he can be the best G in the league and there's no possible way he will make the pro bowl. not going to happen. he's old and he has that stigma so nobody is giving this guy a big contract at this stage of the game

His last long term contract was $12 million over 3 years, and that was 4 years ago. He's still playing at a high level. I'd be ok with a similar length and either slightly less money with a signing bonus, maybe $3.75M a year. It can't be worse than Harvin's deal.

3.75M is probably in line. How much guaranteed? And like Harvin maybe voidable after year one or two. interesting too hear what opposing D players rank him this year. once was called the dirtest player in the league by none other than Dareus. it seems he is playing clean. he wants one last multi year deal.

he can be the best G in the league and there's no possible way he will make the pro bowl. not going to happen. he's old and he has that stigma so nobody is giving this guy a big contract at this stage of the game

Second chances exist. I do not think football players in the NFL would agree with you. Players make up 1/3 and coaches 1/3 of the vote for pro bowl. i will be surprised if Richie is the best guard in the league and not at the pro-bowl.

I think you are letting your love of the Bills get in the way of practicality.

3.75M is probably in line. How much guaranteed? And like Harvin maybe voidable after year one or two. interesting too hear what opposing D players rank him this year. once was called the dirtest player in the league by none other than Dareus. it seems he is playing clean. he wants one last multi year deal.

I think Evan Mathis signed with Denver got around $3 mil for 1 year.. So I think a 3 year deal at $3-4 mil per year would probably get it done.

He has been damn near perfect so far this year .. Need to sign Glenn too. That's gonna cost a little more though...Time to trim some of that high paid D line to cover O expenses on 2016

Edited by Bocephuz