Why not Extend Incognito Now?

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

His last long term contract was $12 million over 3 years, and that was 4 years ago. He's still playing at a high level. I'd be ok with a similar length and either slightly less money with a signing bonus, maybe $3.75M a year. It can't be worse than Harvin's deal.

This would be about right. The Bills need locker room leadership and Richie is one of those.

I would love to see them sign Incognito to an extension.

I would be very surprised if they are not able to keep him. Seems like he's happy to be here and thankful for the second chance.

Unless his agent pushes him to Free agency, I think a reasonable 2-3 yr deal gets done.

of course. This is what Whaley does for a living. you can be sure he is on it.

those are my thoughts, he seems happy, glad for the second chance .. etc.. but.. does his agent tell him to wait? hopefully his agent isnt eugene parker.

second chance? Wasn't that a few years ago the first to.e he was with the bills? I think he is on his fourth chance right now.......

He's earned his extension. Give it to him now

you, he's made it half a season without bullying teammates, being dirty on the field or going into a psychotic rage destroying a vehicle, he deserves millions, give it to him now before he screws up again......

second chance? Wasn't that a few years ago the first to.e he was with the bills? I think he is on his fourth chance right now.......

you, he's made it half a season without bullying teammates, being dirty on the field or going into a psychotic rage destroying a vehicle, he deserves millions, give it to him now before he screws up again......

I might guess that ship has sailed. Seems the yoga and meditation has given him some balance. Everything he says seems honest. And he kicks tail game day. Sunday was fine example. He is fun to watch honestly.

Glenn heaped praise on him.

Let me say that the left side of the line Wood included ( yes i said that) are really rockin'. and joy to watch lately . Hope the youngsters on TT's right continue to improve under Kromer.

Cogs is for real. Get er dun Dougie!

ok.. you are right.. let him walk.. why try to sign the best O lineman on the team right now. and yes, you are right, it wasnt his SECOND chance.. good catch.

ok.. you are right.. let him walk.. why try to sign the best O lineman on the team right now. and yes, you are right, it wasnt his SECOND chance.. good catch.

seems Richie incognito is a polarizing character for some. I was not thrilled.

But after reading a couple excellent articles of his life after Miami and what he did to gather himself I thought, maybe ?

so far i think he has shown good character.

and Man can he play football. Might, should be a Team Captain from where i view it. But respect the animosity aspect a little bit too.

Been a class act saying all the right things from day one and weekly on the air waves. The man is a beast n playing the cleanest, best football of his career. Pay him accordingly. Really comes down to what he thinks of B-lo on how much it will cost

umm he still brings it and then some. he is not getting called for it. nor should he. the good ones all play to intimidate. Nuthin extra nasty but full on all the time. He is a smart cookie though, Master of his craft perhaps?

He is now "dominating" and instilling fear. looks like we wants to go find a safety after a lineman, linebacker have been moved aside.

But agree snam he his head is screwed on right. finally

While I'd like to see him resigned, could be he wants to test the waters, or the Bills have approached him, but he's responded with a super high crazy number. I doubt the Bill's would offer less in the off season, by signing now Richie's eliminates the risk of getting hurt in the next 12 games and losing out on the big contract. But if he's willing to take that risk, why sign now?

richie is the ONLY bill who deserves a pro bowl.

lock him up.

your aware there are 8 more games left right?

that is another variable... locker room presence.. IMHO , i think outside of kyle williams and fred, there hasnt been much there.

are you in the locker room?

I hope he remembers the only team who would give him a second chance when he becomes a free agent.

I also hope the Bills dont give his agent a lowball offer

CBF

its a new bills era please

Honestly, Incognito has created problems everywhere he's been. That includes college. The lone exception is Buffalo where he hasn't done it..........yet. So let's look at this without emotion. We have a guy who's currently an excellent OG and either he's going to fall back into his old pattern and screw up again royally or he's learned his lesson (or at least knows he has to lay low while he's employed) and he won't. So what's a good GM to do? The answer is simply to try to sign him to a deal that pays him well if he's a good player on the field and stays out of trouble off of it, but allows the team to cut ties without any major cap implications if he doesn't. If he's adamant about getting a deal that would leave a team exposed, then that's a deal he can try to get elsewhere.

My opinion of him when the Bills signed him was that they likely wouldn't have trouble with him. Not that he's a changed man or anything, just that by now he's got to understand that this is his last chance and that he's got to cool it for a few years until he's retired. I wasn't sure if he'd come back to form or not, but he sure has. Good for him. That's Going to earn him some real money. The Bills would be smart to pay it to him, but in a structure that protects them.

Edited by BarleyNY

I'm all for it ! The guy is playing at a pro bowl level & I think has another good couple or 3 years left .

If they were smart they would lock him up as long as it would put them in cap hell !!

IT ALL STARTS IN THE TRENCH'S !!

With Incognito, Miller, Henderson locked up for 3 or so years they could have a good O line for a while, add a stud LT & if Kuango pans out they will be in great shape !!

Sign him D W !!