Predictions: Bills v. Jets

Tough one. Both teams will fight tooth and nail for this game. A lot is at stake.

Everything depends on Gilmore and Darby. If they can stay one on one with Decker and Marshall, we can devote more attention to run defense (but need to watch the screen to Ivory....a la Lamar Miller last game).

Hoping Karlos and Shady are healthy. Establish run against he Jets big uglies and Tyrod should find some open receivers. Jets defense is solid and are due for a big game.

Gonna be close.

34-28 Bills.

• Replies 157
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm concerned about the matchup with out O against their D. We must be able to run, if not it will mean trouble. Charles Clay also needs to play well. This game means alot to both teams. Coaching will be important Roman/Bowles Gailey/REX. They have all seen each other a bunch. I see a low scoring game. Say 16-13 Bills with Tyrod being the X factor.

Bills have 5 DB's that are all above average and two that are excellent, the jets have one elite DB, and mediocre one, and no name safeties.

Bills D line, Jets D line push, however, Fitz is better at not taking sacks, so I'll give the edge to Jets.

Bills O line slightly better than Jets, especially what's left of Wood. Advantage Bills.

RB's, we have two very good one's, jets have one that is underwhelming of late, advantage Bills.

QB's experience I give the slight edge to Fitz at this point, but Tyrod has the edge in "IT" factor and QBR.

WR's, Bills have one elite, two serviceable Jets have one very good WR (Wouldn't call Marshall elite), and one above average in Decker. Advantage, neither.

TE's Advantage Bills.

Too me, it comes down to who can stop the run and force the QB to make plays. If the Jets stop our run game (doubtful) I think Tyrod has more weapons with that depleted secondary of the Jets. In fact I think this week we should pass to set up the run.

Bills - 33

Jets - 17

Tim-

Tough one. Both teams will fight tooth and nail for this game. A lot is at stake.

Everything depends on Gilmore and Darby. If they can stay one on one with Decker and Marshall, we can devote more attention to run defense (but need to watch the screen to Ivory....a la Lamar Miller last game).

Hoping Karlos and Shady are healthy. Establish run against he Jets big uglies and Tyrod should find some open receivers. Jets defense is solid and are due for a big game.

Gonna be close.

34-28 Bills.

I'm not worried about the DBs, but more worried about the LBs!! Jets will try to mimic Dolphins screen game. LBs have to make tackles. Fitz will force some throws causing TOs.

For what they're worth - The EN EF EL Stats YTD:

Total Offense

Jets - 11th with 365.9 yds per game, 25 points per game

Bills - 20th with 350.4 yds per game, 26.1 points per game

Rushing Offense

Bills - 2nd with 236 attempts, 29.5 attempts per game, 4.8 yards per attempt for 141.6 yards per game

Jets - 14th with 241 attempts, 30.1 attempts per game, 4.1 yards per attempt for 115.2 yards per game

Passing Offense

Jets - 17th with 181 completions on 291 attempts for 2,005 yards - 7.1 yards per attempt

Bills - 29th with 160 completions on 234 attempts for 1,671 yards - 7.9 yards per attempt

Total Defense

Jets - 4th allowing 323.2 yards per game, on 503 plays, 5.1 yards per play, and 162 total points

Bills - 16th allowing 353.5 yds per game, on 527 plays, 5.4 yards per play, and 190 total points

Rushing Defense

Jets - 1st allowing 80.6 yards per game, 2 TDs

Bills - 6th allowing 93.6 yards per game, 6 TDs

Passing Defense

Jets - 14th allowing 178 completions on 315 attempts for 6.5 yard average and 242.6 yards per game

Bills - 24th allowing 194 completions on 323 attempts for 6.7 yard average and 259.9 yards per game

It should be a close game.

Have a bad feeling here. Hope I'm wrong because this game likely decides the season as far as playoffs or not, but I sense a game with lots of penalties- more on us and crucial ones. We won't overcome that and it'll be Jets 27-Bills 20. I can already picture a somber Rex fielding the questions after.

If Fitz reverts or is hurt or Geno comes in for any reason, erase the above and we win by a minimum of 10.