Fitzpatrick vs. Rex

I was a big Fitzy supporter when he was here in Buffalo, but looking back at his performances vs. the Rex-led Jets, he really had some clunkers:

Overall Fitz/Bills were 2-5 vs. Rex's Jets.

Fitz had 11TD / 7 INT (which is pretty decent), but an avg QBR of 30.1 over those 7 games (his career avg QBR is about 48), so it's clear that he struggled a bit more facing Rex's system.

Lets hope it's 2-6 after Thursday (vs Rex)! :beer:

Edited by bobobonators

I was a big Fitzy supporter when he was here in Buffalo, but looking back at his performances vs. the Rex-led Jets, he really had some clunkers:

Overall Fitz/Bills were 2-5 vs. Rex's Jets.

Fitz had 11TD / 7 INT (which is pretty decent), but an avg QBR of 30.1 over those 7 games (his career avg QBR is about 48), so it's clear that he struggled a bit more facing Rex's system.

Lets hope it's 2-6 after Thursday! :beer:

I think you are giving Ryan's "system" too much credit. I think it was the players, and Fitz and the gang sucking so bad that done it.

I think you are giving Ryan's "system" too much credit. I think it was the players, and Fitz and the gang sucking so bad that done it.

Perhaps. But Fitz/Bills didn't suck so bad vs. the Dolphins during the same period. His QBR was substantially lower vs. the Jets. It is what it is; just throwing it out there.

Fitz had such studs as Donald Jones and TJ Graham, along with a defense that was expected to hold opponents with guys like Maybin, Kelsay, and Whiffler.

I know QBs are a large part of every game, but they don't play the games by themselves.

When Fitz was here, the Jets always out-muscled the Bills. Plain and simple. They were more aggressive.

Like the Bills have been vs the Dolphins these past few years.

Nick Mangold being out is huge for us.

Stop the run. They struggled to run it on Sunday with Mangold missing I don't think their line opens up holes. Stop the run and put the game on Fitzpatrick's arm. Oh and defend the screens. If Fitzpatrick has to throw 25-20 yard passes all day and he shreds us fair play to him and this defense has even bigger issues than I thought.... but I suspect make him do that and he will gift you the killer mistake like he always has.

Fitz had such studs as Donald Jones and TJ Graham, along with a defense that was expected to hold opponents with guys like Maybin, Kelsay, and Whiffler.

I know QBs are a large part of every game, but they don't play the games by themselves.

I was a big Fitz supporter. This thread is not to belittle him..but he had the same players vs every other team he played, and his QBR was still substantially lower vs the Jets; not to mention that they were 2-5 vs. the Jets. The Jets weren't horrible, but they weren't the Pats either.

Edited by bobobonators

Stop the run. They struggled to run it on Sunday with Mangold missing I don't think their line opens up holes. Stop the run and put the game on Fitzpatrick's arm. Oh and defend the screens. If Fitzpatrick has to throw 25-20 yard passes all day and he shreds us fair play to him and this defense has even bigger issues than I thought.... but I suspect make him do that and he will gift you the killer mistake like he always has.

What is our deal with this? We suck at it.

I was a big Fitz supporter. This thread is not to belittle him..but he had the same players vs every other team he played, and his QBR was still substantially lower vs the Jets; not to mention that they were 2-5 vs. the Jets. The Jets weren't horrible, but they weren't the Pats either.

I'm just saying, he's better on the more well rounded teams he's been on since. Is he great? No. But he's not the garbage heap many infer.

When Fitz was here, the Jets always out-muscled the Bills. Plain and simple. They were more aggressive.

This. Remember Mario whining that Rex's rookie tackle kept punching him in the face? "He's wrong, plain and simple". The Jets beat us on the lines, both of them.

So far, our D has not been the aggressive physical D I expected when Rex was hired. We have been whipped on D, regularly, and including this last game.

Like the Bills have been vs the Dolphins these past few years.

Nick Mangold being out is huge for us.

Wasn't NE missing their center?

I understand Mangold is good, but our interior D line needs to punish them this week. I would like to see Fitz throw a couple pick sixes because Marcel is about to crush him.