Cam Newton tears down packers sign fan files police report

Dob's beef is all for naught, anyway. Panthers stadium policy is that "No banners or flags expressing support of visiting teams may be affixed to or displayed on any surface," per the team's official site.

If i say you can't bring your cell phone into my house, and you do, does that give me the right to destroy it? Of course not. It being an "illegal" sign means you can ask them to take it down or kick them out, not destroy their property.

• Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a childish and potentially dangerous action by Cam. His stupid thoughtless action will likely embolden some drunken moron to rip someone's hat off or spill soda (or worse) on a guys (or kid's) jersey because it's "the wrong color. Who cares if the other guy is cheering for the other team? Act like a professional Newton I hope the league fines him severely to let EVERYONE know that destruction of private property is not "okay"

If i say you can't bring your cell phone into my house, and you do, does that give me the right to destroy it? Of course not. It being an "illegal" sign means you can ask them to take it down or kick them out, not destroy their property.

wow. I only reposted their rules.

take it up with the Panthers Org.

We would go nuts with Kyle stomping on a pats or jets banner.

Or a box of Flutie Flakes ala Jimmy "The Hair" Johnson

What a stupid move by Newton. No need to have done this other then to be cute. Its what a teenager would not a professional. That this was tolerated makes me hold disgust for the way the populus believes.

Newton had no business in the stands. His business is on the field.

This was a childish and potentially dangerous action by Cam. His stupid thoughtless action will likely embolden some drunken moron to rip someone's hat off or spill soda (or worse) on a guys (or kid's) jersey because it's "the wrong color. Who cares if the other guy is cheering for the other team? Act like a professional Newton I hope the league fines him severely to let EVERYONE know that destruction of private property is not "okay"

What a stupid move by Newton. No need to have done this other then to be cute. Its what a teenager would not a professional. That this was tolerated makes me hold disgust for the way the populus believes.

Newton had no business in the stands. His business is on the field.

Why do these takes bring me such joy ? Cam endorses destroying private property !!!!

Potentially dangerous ? Could have gotten a papercut, not the type of danger a qb should be in.

Let's steal and loot NOW!!!!

Edited by Ryan L Billz

Give me a break. This is why society is the way it is. If as an ADULT someone thinks oh I'll rip off some guys hat because Cam tore down that sign, he's a moronic child who can't function as an adult. Cam did what he felt was right. I have no issue with what he did. I think it's hilarious and people need to stop being so damn sensitive about things.

Give me a break. This is why society is the way it is. If as an ADULT someone thinks oh I'll rip off some guys hat because Cam tore down that sign, he's a moronic child who can't function as an adult. Cam did what he felt was right. I have no issue with what he did. I think it's hilarious and people need to stop being so damn sensitive about things.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but the bolded is just funny. As if his moral code does not allow him to stand idly by while opposing fans hang signs. :lol:

Your post is childish. By contrast, Cam is a man.

I don't have a dog in this fight, but the bolded is just funny. As if his moral code does not allow him to stand idly by while opposing fans hang signs. :lol:

Well hey I wasn't going to speak to anyone's own moral code, but if that's what gets his goat, then so be it.

If you take time to read and comprehend, you will understand that the stadium policy stated that no sign could be hung. Hand held signs are allowed. Then you read further and understand that the sign holder asked for permission first, and that the sign was being held. It was not hung. Even the picture supports this.

Therefore, I would say Cam was in the wrong and is indeed a douchebag. I would expect the team to make this right. Not to the tune of 5 bills though, which is a ridiculous price to pay for something so simple.

Edited by Show Me The Baby

This is freaking awesome I love Cam Newton

protecting his house and his team he tried to

have Cam Arrested

video link with story http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000576181/article/fan-upset-cam-newton-tore-packers-sign-down?campaign=Ext_Email_NL_REG_9_20151109_BUF&cvosrc=Ext_Email.Epsilon.NL_REG_9_20151109_BUF

picture of the sign

Wow. You'd think Cam Newton would be better at talking to the media by now. His best move today is to quietly send that guy a cashier's check for $500. It's a cheap way for him to end this today and look reasonable in the process.

The guy was breaking the stadium rules by hanging the sign there in the first place

I didn't see the vid of Cam doing it but in the pic above the banner isn't hanging, the people are holding it.

If you take time to read and comprehend, you will understand that the stadium policy stated that no sign could be hung. Hand held signs are allowed. Then you read further and understand that the sign holder asked for permission first, and that the sign was being held. It was not hung. Even the picture supports this.

Therefore, I would say Cam was in the wrong and is indeed a douchebag. I would expect the team to make this right. Not to the tune of 5 bills though, which is a ridiculous price to pay for something so simple.

actually, according to the article, it states the policy is to hang or display a banner of an opponent on any surface of the stadium.

If I was Can I would have the Panthers graphics department put a Panthers logo on the banner, sign it and send it back to the guy, maybe even include a Newton Jersey for his "pain and suffering".

What a sad society you live in when you would try and sue because of this, or the people here who think Cam doing this is so horrible. I would Goodall players on my team wouldn't be happy seeing an opponents supporter hanging a giant banner in their house. He didn't do this to a banner at Lambeau, and there was no physical violence used. No one was physically hurt. It's not like he fought theft with the sign or did something to hurt the person

We are overly litigious as a society and often overly sensitive and just waiting to take offense.

Imo, the fellow was a dope for taking the sign. Sports, especially football, are driven by emotion.

An athlete excels because he is spirited (what the ancient Greeks called thumos.)

I think it's fair to ask an athlete to refrain from avoidable violence like hitting an unprotected player, but I actually expect the kind of response Cam had to the sign.

Doesn't strike me as thuggish; more like a spirited, instinctive reaction to finding enemy propaganda in the house.

My instinct was to laugh, not indulge in moral outrage.

There are plenty of real evils in this world to invoke that.