Wilcots

TheJuice

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He has replaced "second level" with "vertical" in describing run plays hit up the hole. He actually used it twice in the same sentence after a Bills run. Pretty comical.

He wasn't talking about the second level; he was talking about McCoy sticking his foot in the ground and cutting it upfield, i.e. vertically.

Wilcotts is fine, and I thought he was actually very good today. He also kept asking the same question I have asked all year: if opposing QBs are making it a point to counter the pass rush by getting the ball out of their hand so quickly, the linemen need to be jumping up to bat down passes.

I don't normally let the announcers bother me, but Wilcots was horrible today. It seemed like he was extremely pro-Miami all game, and far off base in several of his remarks during replays. Am I imagining things?

Thought he and Dedes were both nondescript, just matter - of - fact. But they were ok. Didn't sense any substantial bias a-la Nantz / Simms on virtually every Patriots broadcast.

That, and "Jerry Hughes has destroyed the Miami Dolphins defense in this second half."

I thought Wilcots was pretty awesome today.

Agree, he's pretty middle of the road. Don't mind him at all. That and I always have a houseful of people and screaming kids so most is drowned out.

Didn't think he was pro-Miami, but you would think he would be pro-Bills by now due to the fact that he's basically called every Bills game this year.

IMO, I'd rather have them call the Thursday night game over Simms and Nantz.

Didn't think he was pro-Miami, but you would think he would be pro-Bills by now due to the fact that he's basically called every Bills game this year.

IMO, I'd rather have them call the Thursday night game over Simms and Nantz.

In a heart beat. Nance and Simms are the worst. And if their calling a NE game then they're basically like a home broadcast for them.

He wasn't talking about the second level; he was talking about McCoy sticking his foot in the ground and cutting it upfield, i.e. vertically.

If you mean that literally, no, he wasn't. And I think you missed my point, respectfully.