Patriots; Greatest franchise ever

We were promised more fumbling....

Haha. Perfect.

But remember, they beat the Colts last year by only 1 point in the AFC championship. That extra PSI is clearly the reason. Oh... They won by 38? Never mind...

Did anyone consider they get caught "cheating" more that other teams because they are scrutinized more than anyone else? You think if the Browns (or the Bills, for that matter) used footballs with 1 PSI less than standard anyone would give two *****? Success breeds jealousy.

Edited by stevestojan

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Haha. Perfect.

But remember, they beat the Colts last year by only 1 point in the AFC championship. That extra PSI is clearly the reason. Oh... They won by 38? Never mind...

Did anyone consider they get caught "cheating" more that other teams because they are scrutinized more than anyone else? You think if the Browns (or the Bills, for that matter) used footballs with 1 PSI less than standard anyone would give two *****? Success breeds jealousy.

But careful, if you cheat for that success, it's somehow invalidated.

I'll go back to a link I posted yesterday in the Thursday Night Football thread:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/upshot/so-whats-the-patriots-secret-to-success.html?_r=0

They're smarter than us. Not just football smarter. Higher IQ smarter.

Long time Bills fans will remember our glory days in the 1990s when people joked about Marv Levy and his Harvard degree. Well ...

How is it that the Patriots consistently -- year after year after year -- have drafted well after us, yet they seem to replenish the talent without missing a beat? That shouldn't happen. Brady doesn't play defense, yet look at how the Pats defense is performing this year. I hate them. I'm envious of them. Those are related thoughts.

They don't really draft that we'll at all. They bust more picks than we do. But they can plug in a complete nobody into a position and they perform instantly.

The one thing that article forgot to mention is the battalion of reporters and media pundits who blow smoke and carry water for the a Patriots, chief among them Tony Kornheiser.

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Now cheating is negligible. Getting caught for it means that the rest of the world is jealous and it's simply a result of the cheaters being overly-scrutinized. Not any balanced enforcement of violated rules, just unbalanced scrutiny. Oh, also, if you cheat and win - that's success and only jealous people who don't have success would disagree.

Keep working and re-molding that narrative even if it results in flipping reality fully on it's ear!

Cue the Pats apologists…discussing their documented and proven cheating, and not excusing it, is like a homing beacon for some on this Buffalo Bills website

Bat-signal_1989_film.jpg

Common knowledge, plus having colleagues I trust who have interacted significantly with him directly.

Really? What did they say specifically? It seems his maneuvering prior to and after the purchase of the Patriots were pretty "krafty". What part of that was doltish per your colleagues--what part did Kraft "fall into"?

Really? What did they say specifically? It seems his maneuvering prior to and after the purchase of the Patriots were pretty "krafty". What part of that was doltish per your colleagues--what part did Kraft "fall into"?

Its not oft I share the opinion of mrweo, but I also cant understand that guys logic. I dont like Kraft, but to say hes a dolt is inaccurate.

Do they cheat? Absolutely. And they do it whenever they can. Are they also the smartest organization in football, and it isn't even close? Absolutely. This ESPN article, ostensibly about deflate gate, gives a good account of how the two are intertwined:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

They are obsessive about getting and finding an edge. They sweat every detail; nothing is too small to be concerned about. The section on in-house analyst Ernie Adams is excellent. He is the most obsessive in a bunch of obsessives. He studies every single tendency of opposing teams from legit source media (the All 22s) to the downright illegal (surreptitiously taped practices).

They're the best. They do whatever they have to do to get an edge.

Do they cheat? Absolutely. And they do it whenever they can. Are they also the smartest organization in football, and it isn't even close? Absolutely. This ESPN article, ostensibly about deflate gate, gives a good account of how the two are intertwined:

http://espn.go.com/espn/otl/story/_/id/13533995/split-nfl-new-england-patriots-apart

They are obsessive about getting and finding an edge. They sweat every detail; nothing is too small to be concerned about. The section on in-house analyst Ernie Adams is excellent. He is the most obsessive in a bunch of obsessives. He studies every single tendency of opposing teams from legit source media (the All 22s) to the downright illegal (surreptitiously taped practices).

They're the best. They do whatever they have to do to get an edge.

There's a fine line between smart and cheating. When it becomes cheating, it's NOT smart, it's just plain old cheating.

As much as I loathe, despise, and hate that organization they are unquestionably the greatest dynasty of all time.

They are going to go 19-0 and win their 7th AFC Title and 5th Super Bowl in 15 years this season.

They will have gone 16-0 in the regular season TWICE in that span.

Brady will undoubtedly retire holding not only 5 rings but every single passing record. He is 3 of his normal seasons away from passing pretty much every one of Manning's records.

I think this on October 30th. I am convinced they are invincible because nobody can even give them a game and they just steamroll everyone.

No other team has ever been so dominant. In Montana's days there were other powerhouse teams that could easily be seen as threats to derail them.

Today there is ONE great team, and it is NE* Everyone else is a full level or more below.

The fact that they only won 1 Super Bowl in the past 10 years is not only incredible it also shows how hard it is to win one.

Edited by TheFunPolice

There's a fine line between smart and cheating. When it becomes cheating, it's NOT smart, it's just plain old cheating.

There's an old saying that applies perfectly to the Patriots, well almost perfectly: "It's only cheating if you get caught." In the Patriots case, it doesn't even matter if they DO get caught because they're smart enough to get around the penalties.

So again, I ask. If they do it and it works, why don't WE?

I say we have our ultrabillionaire owner throw a mountain of money at this Adams guy from their organization and hire him on here.

Edited by joesixpack

There's an old saying that applies perfectly to the Patriots, well almost perfectly: "It's only cheating if you get caught." In the Patriots case, it doesn't even matter if they DO get caught because they're smart enough to get around the penalties.

So again, I ask. If they do it and it works, why don't WE?

I say we have our ultrabillionaire owner throw a mountain of money at this Adams guy from their organization and hire him on here.

Why don't you steal from your employer or employee or family if the ends justify the means and you would rather win by cheating than not win at all, or at the very least advocate that as a totally acceptable worldview.

Haha. Perfect.

But, just to play devils advocate..., they did beat the Ravens by 4 on a much colder day, and Flacco threw 2 picks...

Patriots as the greatest? No IMO. Anyone ever heard of the Green Bay Packers?

I think there may have been better programs over shorter periods of time, but this seems endless! Packers, Steelers, 49'ers and others had nice runs, but for a decade and a half? This is surreal.