Patriots; Greatest franchise ever

Brady will play for 10 more years and win 3 more super bowls unless Aaron Rodgers can beat him during that time, hes the only one.

I am hoping Andy Dalton finds a way to play mistake free football, otherwise NE will walk into the Superbowl. Look at their schedule... there is no one who is going to challenge them aside from the Bengals in a playoff game. They will go undefeated unless they screw it up. Their opponent will not win, the pas will lose and no credit will be given to the other team anyway.

NE has the best three people in the game. Gronk, Brady, Belicheck, in that order. No one has figured out how to stop it yet. Corners cant tackle gronk. LBs are too slow to cover go routes.

Now excuse me while I go get my free DD coffee, because when the Patriots win, I win at Dunkins.

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Man, do I really have to log onto a Bills' board to see a thread titled, "New England; Greatest Franchise Ever." Just come to my house and kick me in the balls already.

Almost as hard to swallow is the incorrect use of a semicolon.

I hate to admit but New England just might be the best football franchise ever. I can't think of team that has been this dominant for this long as them. I now they cheated but you still have to make the plays on the field and that they have done. 6 Superbowl appearances 4 wins, division champs almost every year for 15 yrs against a league built on parity is unprecedented .

I'm going to take an unpopular position here ... since you "now" that the Pat's cheated -- can you explain how they did that? And if ball inflation is such a big deal, why has Brady thrown 20 TDS with one fluky pick with balls that are probably measured every 10 mins? Spygate didn't make a difference, and neither did the ball inflation. The Pats just have a brilliant coach WHO KNOWS THE RULES and COACHES HIS PLAYERS TO KNOW THE RULES. Look at the brilliant eligibility plays last playoffs as an example.

Rather than jealous fans repeatedly trashing this franchise, how about striving to be more like them? They are a model franchise. So stop with the "cheating" stuff ... it just makes you look like a sore loser.

Just build a better team. That's it.

The Patriots right now are light years above any other NFL team in history. Better than the greatest teams of all time. They win more than any other team with a QB that defies the ravages of time. The usual cycles of dominance and rebuilding do not apply to them.

You can stare blankly and say golly gee, or ask how can one franchise totally dominate all of NFL history? You can also consider that no team has ever had the dubious cloud of mistrust over it. Perhaps there in lies the answer?

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Even with cheating allegations, they are still the best. That's the annoying part... they don't need to cheat to win, but the culture is so obsessive, that they do.

This ^^ Their legacy is and will be a bit tarnished but clearly they would have done real well even without all the "____"-Gates.

I still say that because they've been caught cheating and been continually accused of little things here and there to gain advantages, you can't help but wonder what are they doing now that is illegal.

How are Gronkowski & Edelman open on every single play? When will they not be able to get away with the WR picks? How does Brady never get touched (either sacked or hit as he throws)? How do they keep making other elite teams look like Pop Warner teams?

There are so many questions around this franchise that I can't yet call them the greatest franchise ever. Perhaps a dynasty since 2001, but even that is under scrutiny.

They are the greatest ever.

Brady is the best ever.

Belicheck is the best ever.

It's laughable to think they're the only organization to break the rules. They're just better. At everything.

What makes their accomplishments even more stunning is that they have accomplished most of their achievements in a cap system that promotes parity.

Their owner went out and signed Belichick as the HC. He had to give up a first round pick for signing him away from the Jets. It was well worth the expenditure. He is going down as the best HC in the history of the game as Brady is going down as the best qb in the history of the game. (As you noted.)

Do you think that a Bob Kraft would bring in an out of touch Marv Levy to run his football operation? Do you think that Bob Kraft would bring in a buffoon like Rex Ryan to be his HC?

What sets the Patriots apart is not the money they throw around to acquire talent because that is not how they operate. They are very prudent/cold blooded with the way they handle contracts. Their roster is constantly being turned over and yet they still win. They have a system, believe in it, and adhere to it. While losers are busy making excuses for themselves and making excuses for why the Pats win they simply don't care. They just continue to add to their already crowded trophy case.

I hate to admit but New England just might be the best football franchise ever. I can't think of team that has been this dominant for this long as them. I now they cheated but you still have to make the plays on the field and that they have done. 6 Superbowl appearances 4 wins, division champs almost every year for 15 yrs against a league built on parity is unprecedented .

Real nice. Because of you, I just yelled at my secretary.

I'm going to take an unpopular position here ... since you "now" that the Pat's cheated -- can you explain how they did that? And if ball inflation is such a big deal, why has Brady thrown 20 TDS with one fluky pick with balls that are probably measured every 10 mins? Spygate didn't make a difference, and neither did the ball inflation. The Pats just have a brilliant coach WHO KNOWS THE RULES and COACHES HIS PLAYERS TO KNOW THE RULES. Look at the brilliant eligibility plays last playoffs as an example.

Rather than jealous fans repeatedly trashing this franchise, how about striving to be more like them? They are a model franchise. So stop with the "cheating" stuff ... it just makes you look like a sore loser.

Just build a better team. That's it.

I'll go back to a link I posted yesterday in the Thursday Night Football thread:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/upshot/so-whats-the-patriots-secret-to-success.html?_r=0

They're smarter than us. Not just football smarter. Higher IQ smarter.

Liberal arts or high education? Belichick is a graduate of Wesleyan. Matt Patricia, perhaps the league’s smartest defensive coordinator, graduated from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute. The owner Robert Kraft graduated from Columbia; and Jonathan Kraft, president of the team, from Williams. Belichick and the Patriots’ research director, Ernie Adams, met at Phillips Academy; Adams went on to Northwestern. Dallas Coach Jason Garrett went to Princeton, and Pittsburgh Coach Mike Tomlin to William & Mary — there are more well-educated personnel in N.F.L. management than might be guessed. But the Patriots are the top team in this regard.

Long time Bills fans will remember our glory days in the 1990s when people joked about Marv Levy and his Harvard degree. Well ...

How is it that the Patriots consistently -- year after year after year -- have drafted well after us, yet they seem to replenish the talent without missing a beat? That shouldn't happen. Brady doesn't play defense, yet look at how the Pats defense is performing this year. I hate them. I'm envious of them. Those are related thoughts.

I'll go back to a link I posted yesterday in the Thursday Night Football thread:

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/10/28/upshot/so-whats-the-patriots-secret-to-success.html?_r=0

They're smarter than us. Not just football smarter. Higher IQ smarter.

Long time Bills fans will remember our glory days in the 1990s when people joked about Marv Levy and his Harvard degree. Well ...

How is it that the Patriots consistently -- year after year after year -- have drafted well after us, yet they seem to replenish the talent without missing a beat? That shouldn't happen. Brady doesn't play defense, yet look at how the Pats defense is performing this year. I hate them. I'm envious of them. Those are related thoughts.

It ain't rocket science. When you have Tom Brady, EVERYTHING else is easier. Eliminate Tom Brady, you eliminate the Patriots.

They never ever have to worry about drafting or finding a QB, or worry about who is going to be the head coach next year. Theyre DC and OC have also been on board for a long time. I think McDaniels could easily get a head coaching job somewhere else. He doesnt want it. He likes to win. He likes to Tom Brady. He likes coaching and learning under BB.

Sure they have change and constantly bring in rookies who do great. But they never change the two most important parts. HC and QB.

Those two guys make everyone around them look better.

Edited by PortlandiaEast

steelers went 8 times with 6 wins, right?

That was when the free agency rules allowed teams to stay intact easier. Yes, they have to be in the conversation, but I'd have to give the nod to the Pats*** for the extended domination period. Don't worry, even Rome fell..... (Rome probably cheated too, but I'm a lttle too young to remember.)

You can stare blankly and say golly gee, or ask how can one franchise totally dominate all of NFL history? You can also consider that no team has ever had the dubious cloud of mistrust over it. Perhaps there in lies the answer?

Yes, perhaps indeed! Wouldn't it be sweet to have it ALL exposed? There's a lot more than we know of, I'm certain.

So the choice is rant on about it or play along. Practical thinking dictates you play the game in the way the system is designed.

Better choice is to work tirelessly to clean it up. That you don't have that on your mental list is a character flaw - the fact that it's an all-too-common flaw makes it no less so.

Pats* legacy is permanently tainted, and no discussion of the (clearly measurable) greatness of their accomplishments will ever be free of that asterisk.

Edited by BobChalmers

The thing is Miami played pretty well on D for the first half yet they still quickly got right up to 30 pts.

The only way to beat them is to play an almost perfect game on defense (Which will hold them to 15 points per half) and a perfect game on offense. Zero turnovers, and score 7's almost every time you are across the 50.

Anything less and you are going to lose.

The Bengals might be able to lose to them 37-30 in the playoffs.

Better choice is to work tirelessly to clean it up. That you don't have that on your mental list is a character flaw - the fact that it's an all-too-common flaw makes it no less so.

Pats* legacy is permanently tainted, and no discussion of the (clearly measurable) greatness of their accomplishments will ever be free of that asterisk.

And in the meantime what? They're still 2nd or third in all time Superbowls won. Meanwhile, our "good guys" have zero to show for being "good guys." But hey, we have no asterisks! :lol:

Edited by joesixpack

Sadly the AFC looks completely pathetic....

Also, the only two teams that MIGHT be able to give them a game in the playoffs (Denver and Cincinnati) will probably have to play each other first for the honor of going there and getting demolished while they get a 2nd bye vs Indy or Pittsburgh again.

They never ever have to worry about drafting or finding a QB, or worry about who is going to be the head coach next year. Theyre DC and OC have also been on board for a long time. I think McDaniels could easily get a head coaching job somewhere else. He doesnt want it. He likes to win. He likes to Tom Brady. He likes coaching and learning under BB.

Sure they have change and constantly bring in rookies who do great. But they never change the two most important parts. HC and QB.

Those two guys make everyone around them look better.

Check that….This has already happened when he ran Denver into the ground . Cause for even more speculation about "The Patriot Way" when McDaniels and Pioli fell flat on their faces after all that success in the system.

I'm going to take an unpopular position here ... since you "now" that the Pat's cheated -- can you explain how they did that? And if ball inflation is such a big deal, why has Brady thrown 20 TDS with one fluky pick with balls that are probably measured every 10 mins?

I am not saying its the balls, but the real effect underinflated balls would have is in cold weather games and wet games...of which they have had neither. I don't think it will make a difference, just saying

What makes their accomplishments even more stunning is that they have accomplished most of their achievements in a cap system that promotes parity.

Their owner went out and signed Belichick as the HC. He had to give up a first round pick for signing him away from the Jets. It was well worth the expenditure. He is going down as the best HC in the history of the game as Brady is going down as the best qb in the history of the game. (As you noted.)

Do you think that a Bob Kraft would bring in an out of touch Marv Levy to run his football operation? Do you think that Bob Kraft would bring in a buffoon like Rex Ryan to be his HC?

What sets the Patriots apart is not the money they throw around to acquire talent because that is not how they operate. They are very prudent/cold blooded with the way they handle contracts. Their roster is constantly being turned over and yet they still win. They have a system, believe in it, and adhere to it. While losers are busy making excuses for themselves and making excuses for why the Pats win they simply don't care. They just continue to add to their already crowded trophy case.

Lets not forget one very important point here...they have the best player at the most t important position by far in sports, and he is #14 in terms of pay for QBs...cause his wife makes $50M a yea. .Makes a huge difference in paying the middle guys. Not saying they are not smarter with their money, but i dont think Brady gives a 50% home team discount without that other income.

They never ever have to worry about drafting or finding a QB, or worry about who is going to be the head coach next year. T

And yet they have drafted more QB's than the Bills over the Brady years.

Edited by plenzmd1

And yet they have drafted more QB's than the Bills over the Brady years.

Not out of necessity.

Check that….This has already happened when he ran Denver into the ground . Cause for even more speculation about "The Patriot Way" when McDaniels and Pioli fell flat on their faces after all that success in the system.

BB had his failures as a headcoach as well. So did Pete Carrol. You think a failure as a headcoach on one teams is the end of their line? Please... I am sure there are several teams who would welcome McDaniels with open arms.