Patriots; Greatest franchise ever

• Replies 168
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here we go again with the asterisks and calling them cheaters.

They are the most dominate franchise in the history of the sport. Period.

They were a joke of a franchise 15 yrs ago. They didn't win a super bowl for 10 yrs before last yr. I'd give the nod to Pittsburgh and Green Bay

They were a joke of a franchise 15 yrs ago. They didn't win a super bowl for 10 yrs before last yr. I'd give the nod to Pittsburgh and Green Bay

Sorry, I should have clarified. Not most dominate ever as a whole. But over a single decade? Hard to argue.

I'd take repeated success for 15 years without integrity over utter failure ANY day.

Agreed. Would you rather the world hate you or the world feel pity for you. Because you have the Patriots and Bills in that Sentence.

When i say I am a Bills fan, everyone's first response is "I'm Sorry"

There's still something that does not seem right about this...

6aafd5e2e14c0055f38ce169e87aef36.jpg

belichickdevil.jpg

I'd take repeated success for 15 years without integrity over utter failure ANY day.

now that I'm older I'm starting to realize whoever said cheaters don't win was probably a loser. look at baseball for example. all of the best players cheated and they are laughing all the way to the bank. oh no, A-Rod cheated? well he has $200 million so boo hoo for him. i have $0 million

Agreed. Would you rather the world hate you or the world feel pity for you. Because you have the Patriots and Bills in that Sentence.

When i say I am a Bills fan, everyone's first response is "I'm Sorry"

I hate this so much. I don't wear my Bills gear much because of stuff like that... also stuff like "man, I'm rooting for you guys, you deserve it after all this time, etc"

I DON'T WANT YOUR PITY

I hate to admit but New England just might be the best football franchise ever. I can't think of team that has been this dominant for this long as them. I now they cheated but you still have to make the plays on the field and that they have done. 6 Superbowl appearances 4 wins, division champs almost every year for 15 yrs against a league built on parity is unprecedented .

I know you're a young'un but you should really look at the records of the 50's Browns, the 60's Packers, the 70's Steelers, the 80's San Fran 49'ers, and the 90's Cowboys before claiming that the Cheats are the "OMG Best Ever."

None of those teams needed to bend and twist the rules to dominate the NFL. They just went out and kicked azz.

And before you start spouting the Brady nonsense, look up Otto Graham, Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Montana/Young, and Aikman's accomplishments and remember those guys did it in an era when QB's didn't wear dresses and receivers could be defended against all over the field.

I know you're a young'un but you should really look at the records of the 50's Browns, the 60's Packers, the 70's Steelers, the 80's San Fran 49'ers, and the 90's Cowboys before claiming that the Cheats are the "OMG Best Ever."

None of those teams needed to bend and twist the rules to dominate the NFL. They just went out and kicked azz.

And before you start spouting the Brady nonsense, look up Otto Graham, Bart Starr, Terry Bradshaw, Montana/Young, and Aikman's accomplishments and remember those guys did it in an era when QB's didn't wear dresses and receivers could be defended against all over the field.

Agreed. You could throw the old, non-LOL "Commitment to Excellence" Raiders in there too. But there's a point -- the Brady/Belichick Pats may not be the unequivocally best of all time, but they're right there now.

I hate this so much. I don't wear my Bills gear much because of stuff like that... also stuff like "man, I'm rooting for you guys, you deserve it after all this time, etc"

I DON'T WANT YOUR PITY

Pats fan I work with tells me every week he's rooting for the Bills. He's not trying to be a prick either. That pisses me off even more than if he was since 1) it's pity, 2) it shows his team is so dominant that he can comfortably root for a team in his own division out of said pity.

Great post...

Those teams didn't need the rules bent to get them into the SB, nauseating relationships between the owner and the Commissioner, burning of damning evidence of cheating that could have destroyed the league beyond repair...

3 point victories in their first 3 SB's during the Spygate era

2 miraculous losses to the GMen post Spygate

and probably the worst play call in NFL history gifted them their last Lombardi

No way I hold that up the same way against the teams mentioned in RI's post…but, obviously, you have to have the Pats in the conversation the same way you have to include the cheating in the conversation.

The only thing that I can say against RI's post is that those teams were built in an era where you didn't have the cap or free agency. It was easier to maintain dominance and harder for other teams to catch up.

The only reason they have been good for the last decade and a half is that they are located in a populous US city with an owner who has tied the team inextricably to the media and other lucrative entities. Bad Billy Bellicheat wasn't so good when he was coaching in Cleveland, was he?

6aafd5e2e14c0055f38ce169e87aef36.jpg

belichickdevil.jpg

now that I'm older I'm starting to realize whoever said cheaters don't win was probably a loser. look at baseball for example. all of the best players cheated and they are laughing all the way to the bank. oh no, A-Rod cheated? well he has $200 million so boo hoo for him. i have $0 million

And as I said before, it's not just sports. It's business, it's politics. Those with integrity routinely find themselves on the short end of the stick and those who do WHATEVER IT TAKES to win are the ones who do just that. If the bills are truly serious about beating the pats within the next deacade, they go out in the second game they play the pats and cheap shot brady. Not once. But every play until he's on the bench or the training table. Enough is enough.

Edited by joesixpack

Good topic.

In a sport where the goal seems to be parity, to have one team dominate as long as the Pats have, sure does make me wonder if they are really as good as they seem. With a constant cloud of cheating scandals following them around forever, I think it is nearly impossible to dominate like they have for as long as they have without some "extra" help, this isn't college football where that happens with frequency.

I might be more inclined to accept their dominance for real if they showed some normalness sometimes, but you don't ever see that ever. That's what makes me so so skeptical, and to do it with a constant turnover of rookies and nobodies just puts the icing on the very skeptical cake for me.

Edited by old school

When it comes to the Patriots I have always found this cheating crap to be comical. It's simply a tool jealous football fans use to denigrate another team. It's so funny that the Patriots are even more dominant this year when ttheair pressure in the football is being scrutinized. I wonder what the next ridiculous excuse will be.

When it comes to the Patriots I have always found this cheating crap to be comical. It's simply a tool jealous football fans use to denigrate another team. It's so funny that the Patriots are even more dominant this year when ttheair pressure in the football is being scrutinized. I wonder what the next ridiculous excuse, set of circumstances they inflict on themselves will be.

fixed.

They are the greatest ever.

Brady is the best ever.

Belicheck is the best ever.

It's laughable to think they're the only organization to break the rules. They're just better. At everything.