TT may not be ready for Dolfins so who do we start?

I'm fine with EJ. Yes, I said it. He **** the bed for 5 minutes last week, but also had us in a position to win. I certainly trust him more than Johnson or some guy off the street.

Agreed. After the first half, I finally admitted EJ just doesn't have it. I've been hoping EJ would finally prove to be the QB we all wanted him to be, but Tyrod needs to be our QB, period. Then the second half happened, and EJ looked like a decent backup.

After a couple days, I stilll have the same opinion. EJ needs more time to learn the game, work on his mechanics, and gain confidence in himself. But, in the meantime, he's not a complete disaster as a backup. For those saying... Anyone but EJ; I say step back and look objectively at most of the backups, and waiver wire guys out there. They suck. Look at what Dallas is going through, or Houston, washington, or Arizona last year when their starting QB went out.

TSW posts based on actual reasoned football analysis. :thumbsup:

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hearing through grapevine that TT has had injury setback and concern he may not be ready next week to start against the Dolfins. If this is the case do the start the Putrid Ej, Johnson whom they just signed or some other guy off the street. If your the Bills what do you do?

Slap a brace on him and get him out there. If the bills don't win their next two, the season is over.

He has inarguably provided info for us that was "insider" before it happened.

He's also got some wacky personal opinions.

Those are mutually exclusive but he doesn't always discern between the two.

He's making guesses, and occasionally guesses right.

We all do that, only the rest of us don't market ourselves as insiders.

If Tyrod can't play I'd advocate a "Lucky Seat Day" - if they call your seat, you get to play quarterback.

If EJ starts again I'm gonna put a gun in my mouth.....

Well, at least EJ hasn't completely **** the bed at home yet, at least not in the regular season. If he does and the crowd gets really ugly, I think Pegs will be none too pleased at all, could be the beginning of the end for DW.

He's making guesses, and occasionally guesses right.

We all do that, only the rest of us don't market ourselves as insiders.

He made a wild guess when no one knew about Rex Ryan's second interview that Ryan would be coming in with Greg Roman as OC the week before it happened, when that was his first guess and 14th total post? Be informed before you blather nonsense.

Hearing through grapevine that TT has had injury setback and concern he may not be ready next week to start against the Dolfins. If this is the case do the start the Putrid Ej, Johnson whom they just signed or some other guy off the street. If your the Bills what do you do?

EJ. He had the Bills in position to win last week if the defense wouldn't have allowed Blake Bortles to tear them apart on the game winning TD drive late in the 4th Qtr.

He made a wild guess when no one knew about Rex Ryan's second interview that Ryan would be coming in with Greg Roman as OC the week before it happened, when that was his first guess and 14th total post? Be informed before you blather nonsense.

This ^

He also said Ronald Darby will be the pick and he was hardly on the radar. Leroi is opinionated and out there sometimes; but he clearly has inside info. It's good info as well. He has provided a few things that no one else knew, locally or nationally.

It is so weird when someone doesn't like someone else they can just pretend things didn't happen. We see that all too often on here. People tend to view things the way that they want them to be instead of objectively and realistically. The best posters on this board are the people that can observe a situation and form an opinion free of their feelings. The people that crusade just drag down the quality of the board by distorting facts to fit their narrative.

Well, at least EJ hasn't completely **** the bed at home yet, at least not in the regular season. If he does and the crowd gets really ugly, I think Pegs will be none too pleased at all, could be the beginning of the end for DW.

I'm fine with him starting if TT can't do it. EJ isn't good, but he's not an 0-16 QB. He will occasionally contribute to a victory. Being at home after a bye should help.

If Tyrod can't play I'd advocate a "Lucky Seat Day" - if they call your seat, you get to play quarterback.

If EJ starts again I'm gonna put a gun in my mouth.....

Condolences to your family

FWIW - Leroi got the Rex hiring "first"

With a bit of researched I deduced that Rex and Roman had a connection days before the story "broke" here.

Condolences to your family

FWIW - Leroi got the Rex hiring "first"

With a bit of researched I deduced that Rex and Roman had a connection days before the story "broke" here.

Did you come out and say Roman was going to be the OC a week before it happened? All the chatter here and on the media sites was Marc Trestman.

Rex and Roman was speculated by many. I even heard it speculated on New England talk radio.

The Darby thing is a lonely hit, but given Rex's propensity for seeking out exactly that type of corner, it's something else that could have been guessed at.

I'm still waiting for EJ Manuel to be cut on the day Free Agency starts.

Rex and Roman was speculated by many. I even heard it speculated on New England talk radio.

The Darby thing is a lonely hit, but given Rex's propensity for seeking out exactly that type of corner, it's something else that could have been guessed at.

I'm still waiting for EJ Manuel to be cut on the day Free Agency starts.

That's laughable. The Darby thing could have been a lucky guess. He came on here a week before the second interview and said Rex is coming in for a second interview and his OC choice is Roman. No one had that info here at the time. It was his 14th total post. It's not like he had a history of wild guesses.

He has info. He also makes wild statements. Those two things are not mutually exclusive nor do they negate each other. They are both simultaneously true.

That's laughable. The Darby thing could have been a lucky guess. He came on here a week before the second interview and said Rex is coming in for a second interview and his OC choice is Roman. No one had that info here at the time. It was his 14th total post. It's not like he had a history of wild guesses.

He has info. He also makes wild statements. Those two things are not mutually exclusive nor do they negate each other. They are both simultaneously true.

New England talk radio did. I can't imagine they were the only ones either.

And yes, they do negate each other, because when you make a definitive statement, like he did about EJ Manuel, and then prove to be so incredibly and laughably wrong, it discredits you as a source, and the quality of your information. How could someone with legitimate information be so wrong about the quarterback position of all things?

Edited by TakeYouToTasker

Did you come out and say Roman was going to be the OC a week before it happened? All the chatter here and on the media sites was Marc Trestman.

Doubtful. I may have mentioned a connection between the two from something I read on the web, but I am pretty sure I didn't make any predictions.

New England talk radio did. I can't imagine they were the only ones either.

And yes, they do negate each other, because when you make a definitive statement, like he did about EJ Manuel, and then prove to be so incredibly and laughably wrong, it discredits you as a source, and the quality of your information. How could someone with legitimate information be so wrong about the quarterback position of all things?

Because he hears things at OBD. Some of the things are going to be true. When you hear "Rex is coming in for his second interview" it is a fact and when you retell that fact on the message board it is still a fact. Maybe he heard one coach discussing Jake Locker and the fact the Bills think he could be had and that he is better than EJ as a prospect. And that if they were to procure him and drafted a r signed another player they would or they may release EJ. When he heard that bandied about he mistook it for their plan or he misheard or he just made a wild prediction. We have seen him do it before. But we remember, he was talking about the Bills signing Jake Locker, who then abruptly retired. It's possible they really were thinking about that (I don't really believe it myself, I think Leroi exaggerated what he may have heard) but it's still possible. When Locker retired that was no longer the case. Who knows. The point is the Darby one was spot on and a huge surprise. The second Rex interview was days before it was announced. Trestman was the consensus OC candidate Rex was linked to.

Because he hears things at OBD. Some of the things are going to be true. When you hear "Rex is coming in for his second interview" it is a fact and when you retell that fact on the message board it is still a fact. Maybe he heard one coach discussing Jake Locker and the fact the Bills think he could be had and that he is better than EJ as a prospect. And that if they were to procure him and drafted a r signed another player they would or they may release EJ. When he heard that bandied about he mistook it for their plan or he misheard or he just made a wild prediction. We have seen him do it before. But we remember, he was talking about the Bills signing Jake Locker, who then abruptly retired. It's possible they really were thinking about that (I don't really believe it myself, I think Leroi exaggerated what he may have heard) but it's still possible. When Locker retired that was no longer the case. Who knows. The point is the Darby one was spot on and a huge surprise. The second Rex interview was days before it was announced. Trestman was the consensus OC candidate Rex was linked to.

That's an awful lot to be asked to believe. The simpler answer is that he pulls stuff out of his ass, and claims to know things that he doesn't; because he's not associated with the Bills organization.

That's an awful lot to be asked to believe. The simpler answer is that he pulls stuff out of his ass, and claims to know things that he doesn't; because he's not associated with the Bills organization.

If he had a history of wild guesses I would agree with that. But the fact is his first "guess" as you call it was a major scoop. And two of his first three I think were a major scoop.

If he had a history of wild guesses I would agree with that. But the fact is his first "guess" as you call it was a major scoop. And two of his first three I think were a major scoop.

Like in everything else, the critical evaluation is not in the plays that you do make, but rather in the ones that you miss. When you're so grossly wrong about such important things, you undermine yourself.

It's just like EJ Manuel, in fact. Two beautiful TD passes negated by two awful interceptions and a strip sack fumble cause by a general lack of awareness and lack of ability. EJ, rightfully so, is being correctly critically evaluated to be a poor quarterback because of the things he can't or doesn't do.

Leroi is the EJ Manuel of Two Bills Drive posters.

There are a lot of QBs in the NFL better than EJ.

But is there someone not in the NFL better than EJ? In other words, could we sign someone not currently on a roster who would perform better than EJ against the Fins on November 8th?

Doubtful.

Like in everything else, the critical evaluation is not in the plays that you do make, but rather in the ones that you miss. When you're so grossly wrong about such important things, you undermine yourself.

It's just like EJ Manuel, in fact. Two beautiful TD passes negated by two awful interceptions and a strip sack fumble cause by a general lack of awareness and lack of ability. EJ, rightfully so, is being correctly critically evaluated to be a poor quarterback because of the things he can't or doesn't do.

Interesting analogy.

Edited by hondo in seattle

Where are all these other statements of fact he posted that didn't turn out to be true. Even in the Manuel cut thing he said "look for" IIRC or something to that affect. That isn't even a statement of fact, although it's close.

It will be a month off. He'll play. So will most of the other guys.

This is a bunch of over speculation.

agreed. Miami game begins Season 2 with the majority of the guys we thought were the starters. McCoy 100%, Watkins 100%, Karlos 100%, Miller 100%, TT 100%. That's 5 key guys you lose you lose most of the time, you have you win most of the time. In the NFL the dropoff from starters to backups is generally pretty dramatic: see Pittsburgh, Dallas, Ariz. last year. You don't win much with backups in the NFL. Cinci is dominant bc they were at 100% healthy until just recently. Makes a big difference in today's NFL. "next man up" is a bunch of crap

A small sampling:

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181912-source-ej-manuel-to-start-sunday-for-tyrod-taylor/page-6?do=findComment&comment=3723656

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181737-bills-sign-k-billy-cundiff-wr-denarius-moore;-cundiff-cut/page-6?do=findComment&comment=3715064

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181598-coughlin-told-giants-that-bills-would-beat-themselves/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3710836

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181388-watkins-injury-update-post-em-here/page-2?do=findComment&comment=3703048

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/181185-brees-torn-rotator-cuff/?do=findComment&comment=3693014

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/180832-so-that-first-play-of-the-game/?do=findComment&comment=3680035

http://forums.twobillsdrive.com/topic/179969-wawrow-article-indicates-ej-sees-walls-writing/?do=findComment&comment=3633791

I looked through the first five. Maybe one of those is what I would consider a fact if that. "Look for" is a prediction. The one about Sammy, while it didn't happen, is pretty much as it happened. Sammy was ready to go for the Giants game. They did wait til Sunday and he thought he could play and wanted to. The guys reporting on the sidelines like Sal reported he was running full speed with no limp and looked ready to go. At the last minute they decided to keep him out one more week as a precaution but he was ready to play and wanted to play. The Brees thing seemed like a joke.

I looked through the first five. Maybe one of those is what I would consider a fact if that. "Look for" is a prediction. The one about Sammy, while it didn't happen, is pretty much as it happened. Sammy was ready to go for the Giants game. They did wait til Sunday and he thought he could play and wanted to. The guys reporting on the sidelines like Sal reported he was running full speed with no limp and looked ready to go. At the last minute they decided to keep him out one more week as a precaution but he was ready to play and wanted to play. The Brees thing seemed like a joke.

You're making excuses to prop him up.

And that was just a small sampling.

You're making excuses to prop him up.

And that was just a small sampling.

I could have missed some for sure. I don't read all his posts. I think he says crazy **** and have said so numerous times here. I also think that he does or did have an internship or some type of menial job that Sammy Watkins disparaged today and hears things at OBD that are sometimes scoops or new information for us. I don't think he just "always" throws crap at the wall.

I could have missed some for sure. I don't read all his posts. I think he says crazy **** and have said so numerous times here. I also think that he does or did have an internship or some type of menial job that Sammy Watkins disparaged today and hears things at OBD that are sometimes scoops or new information for us. I don't think he just "always" throws crap at the wall.

I don't think either of us will convince the other here.

How do we explain Leroi in the war room? I know for a fact Bills employees are allowed in there. Whether you agree with his opinions or not is up to you but not agreeing that he had info is just flat wrong. Edited by Kirby Jackson

How do we explain Leroi in the war room? I know for a fact Bills employees are allowed in there. Whether you agree with his opinions or not are up to you but not agreeing that he had info is just flat wrong.

Weeks before the London game he invited TBD people to a Saturday nite hotel party in London. Forget the thread. Anyone go?