Failed Expectations, Rex Ryan is not a leader of men

What an embarrassment today, losing to a 1-5 team. In the offseason, Rex scoffed at the notion that the Bills had the #4 ranked defense last year, saying that he expects us to be #1, but since he took over, the defense looks much worse. Special Teams sucks, the offense still sucks and the defense can barely get to the QB and gives up too many long drives, not to mention how undisciplined the team is with all the penalties.

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What an embarrassment today, losing to a 1-5 team. In the offseason, Rex scoffed at the notion that the Bills had the #4 ranked defense last year, saying that he expects us to be #1, but since he took over, the defense looks much worse. Special Teams sucks, the offense still sucks and the defense can barely get to the QB and gives up too many long drives, not to mention how undisciplined the team is with all the penalties.

I am pretty close to done with him. My gut told me it wasn't the right hire, but I got on board I am not usually the type to stand and snipe because "I told you so" but this is the team I feared back in January. I hate it. I'd rather watch Marrone's team x10 than this. It is horrible.

And all his "I know where the defense is gonna end up" every week in the pressers is pissing me off. Stop talking and do the !@#$ing job you were hired to do. Or else fire his ass and get a coach who wants to coach rather than one who wants to make headlines.

I am pretty close to done with him. My gut told me it wasn't the right hire, but I got on board I am not usually the type to stand and snipe because "I told you so" but this is the team I feared back in January. I hate it. I'd rather watch Marrone's team x10 than this. It is horrible.

And all his "I know where the defense is gonna end up" every week in the pressers is pissing me off. Stop talking and do the !@#$ing job you were hired to do. Or else fire his ass and get a coach who wants to coach rather than one who wants to make headlines.

I agree 100%

In fact... I thoug Rex did an excellent job keeping his guys in a blowout game. Execution at the end wasn't great, but he let the d line loose like everyone wanted and we played fairly well. Romans calls at the end there were the biggest coaching issue I have.

Lack of sacks and pressure in the QB, giving up multiple long drives for TD's, being gashed in the run game, all of this against a 1-5 team. But Wrecks did an excellent job?! What are you smoking?!

Because Schwartz was such a successful head coach.......

Are we going to be subjected to these fantasy "hire Schwartz" threads every week?

When we see the defense regress as bad as they have been from last year, the answer is "yes!"

Because Schwartz was such a successful head coach.......

I guess we could of used that logic before Marv Levy was hired.

Roman as HC and Schwartz as DC is more intriguing to me than Schwartz as HC.

I don't like what's happened to the defense, but I think they're adjusting. After EJ gave up 21 points, the D shut down the Jags and gave the offense time to come back. They got screwed by the ref on that last drive. I don't blame them.

The apologists never seize to amaze me. Not Rex's fault the D played well, the refs didn't hurt us with their call of PI because our pick 6 was PI, EJ didn't cause the loss Roman's play calls did.........blah, blah, balah. No wonder we are such losers. Oh and Whaley apologists.....his transactions haven't worked out enough is a fact.

If you give Schwartz a Payton-like role as HC/DC and hand the keys to the offense to a proven OC (tough right now as none are seemingly on the open market) then you'll be better off. He sucked as an HC when allowed to meddle with the offense.