Failed Expectations, Rex Ryan is not a leader of men

• Replies 209
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lack of sacks and pressure in the QB, giving up multiple long drives for TD's, being gashed in the run game, all of this against a 1-5 team. But Wrecks did an excellent job?! What are you smoking?!

He rushed his four all game long and they did nothing. That's what everyone wanted. Our linebackers miss their gaps and give up big runs, but that's on the play caller? Are u kidding me?? There was an ill timed blitz, but we had a 4th down stop on the goal line, a pick 6 and almost won a game we were down 24.

When do we hold players accountable for playing badly??

Edited by dneveu

He rushed his four all game long and they did nothing. That's what everyone wanted. Our linebackers miss their gaps and give up big runs, but that's on the play caller? Are u kidding me?? There was an ill timed blitz, but we had a 4th down stop on the goal line, a pick 6 and almost won a game we were down 24.

Both need to be held accountable!

How much did the Jags do today on offense? It wasn't much. EJ's mistakes in the 1st half gave the Jags 21 of their 34 points and the refs gave them a big assist on the winning TD.

What they should hv done and what I and a lot of ppl wanted them to do was hire an offensive coach like Reich or Gose and keep the defense intact with Schwartz

Of course no Rex most likely means no Taylor so no telling who the QB would have been

Schwartz was a great defensive coordinator, but didn't anyone watch his Lions teams? They resembled this team with Rex. A complete mess. That being said, the reasons they didn't hire Schwartz are the same why they shouldn't have hired Ryan.

Schwartz was a great DC keep him in that role. Bring in Roman as HC. He is worthy of the job and will get a HC gig soon. It should have been here.

Another Schwartz thread that will not happen with the Pegulas squarely behind Rex. Great!

Bills fans just want to win, and have a meaningful season. I'm mean its now looking like 16 years :cry: Bills fans deserve better!! The Bills CEO told Terry Pegula that "he" would know who to hire after he spoke with all the potential candidates. Clearly neither the current GM or the CEO wanted to see this owner hire that football czar that was talked about, and since that didn't happen this is the result.

Rex Ryan is a supposed defensive guru, and this years defense was supposed to be special. Just not short bus special. The defense is just plain not that good with so much top talent.

The penalties still remain an issue with 10 for 87 yards in this last game. This means the team is just plain undisciplined in every aspect. Offense, defense, special teams

The special teams stink this year, and not the punter or kickers. Just the base unit makes mistakes they shouldn't be making. Field position is so important in a game, and this years team kept screwing themselves against the Bengals. We all know last year Doug Marrone spent a lot of energy helping out his good friend Danny Crossman, and had extra active special team players every week rather then offensive players like WR Mike Williams who we kept inactive. Now without that extra help its looking like 2013 all over again.

We all want Rex Ryan to be a winner it just looks like that isn't going happen. Another lost season.

Coaches and Gm's will not be even remotely considered to be in jeopardy in a situation like this.

Sooo many injuries. Backup QB playing.

D played well.

Bad PI killed em...

Fire the coach or GM? Not going to happen or even be thought of by any other than fans.

Bills fans just want to win, and have a meaningful season. I'm mean its now looking like 16 years :cry: Bills fans deserve better!! The Bills CEO told Terry Pegula that "he" would know who to hire after he spoke with all the potential candidates. Clearly neither the current GM or the CEO wanted to see this owner hire that football czar that was talked about, and since that didn't happen this is the result.

Rex Ryan is a supposed defensive guru, and this years defense was supposed to be special. Just not short bus special. The defense is just plain not that good with so much top talent.

The penalties still remain an issue with 10 for 87 yards in this last game. This means the team is just plain undisciplined in every aspect. Offense, defense, special teams

The special teams stink this year, and not the punter or kickers. Just the base unit makes mistakes they shouldn't be making. Field position is so important in a game, and this years team kept screwing themselves against the Bengals. We all know last year Doug Marrone spent a lot of energy helping out his good friend Danny Crossman, and had extra active special team players every week rather then offensive players like WR Mike Williams who we kept inactive. Now without that extra help its looking like 2013 all over again.

We all want Rex Ryan to be a winner it just looks like that isn't going happen. Another lost season.

You can quit on the season after 7 games, but I'm not with the AFC as it is this season.

How much did the Jags do today on offense? It wasn't much. EJ's mistakes in the 1st half gave the Jags 21 of their 34 points and the refs gave them a big assist on the winning TD.

Well, yes and no.

Two EJ turnovers ended up directly in points. The other one the D had a chance to make a stop but they let the Jags run right into the end zone. The team needed them to make a big stop there. They don't get a free pass because they were put in a bad spot.

Coming out of the break the D let them march down field on a time eating drive to get to the 1. Sure, it's great they made the stand but the fact that the Jags ended up with 0 points had more to do with inept decision making to not kick the FG than it did with great defensive play. That drive took 1/3 of the game time remaining and should have ended in a 3 score game.

And while I agree that the PI call was complete BS, they had plenty of other opportunities to make stops on that drive and they failed.

The D comes up small lots and it's infuriating. The bottom line is that they were on the field for 3 of the TDs including the one in the last 3 minutes that was the difference in the game. They were supposed to carry the team and they're simply not doing it.

This isn't an exoneration of EJ, he was horrid, but I don't trust the D to come up big with the game on the line. I thought today was the day they'd be dominant and they weren't even close to it. Without a consistently dominant D this team can not compete for a playoff spot.

Hugh Jackson as head coach and keep Swartz as DC was what I felt they where going to do. I initially liked the Rex hire but he has turned out to be a blow hard car salesman. How does one with the lable of one of the greatest defensive minds in the game send Kyle Williams into pass coverage. Pettine ran rexs d better than Rex.

We Bills fans are an impatient bunch and deservedly so but another coaching change after only 7 games is the last thing this teams needs.

It needs a QB that knows what he's doing more than anything else.

If the Patriots hadn't laid down in last year's final game, Jim Schwartz' defense was a disappointing 4 and 8 vs. the AFC last season. It had spectacular moments but wasn't really that great.

Edited by jethro_tull