Streaming of the game?

valle7878

Watching on a dell laptop wifihdmi connection to TV in 1080. During the first qtr the feed seemed to switch between 1080 and something less alot, but seemed to get better as the game went on. Some freezing but not much. Watching on TV would have been better. I wished I had bought a Roku, Chromecast, apple TV, firestick to use during the stream to see if that was better.

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Watching on a dell laptop wifihdmi connection to TV in 1080. During the first qtr the feed seemed to switch between 1080 and something less alot, but seemed to get better as the game went on. Some freezing but not much. Watching on TV would have been better. I wished I had bought a Roku, Chromecast, apple TV, firestick to use during the stream to see if that was better.

i doubt it had anything to do with your interface. hdmi connection has less to go wrong.

Mine was blurry as well as the game went on.......watched on my laptop with Verizon Fios

The picture started off pretty good.....then started alternating between blurry and good

Same here. Acceptable for a bootleg stream. Not acceptable for a legit NFL-sanctioned one.

I connected my one year old laptop to my 4k flat screen via hdmi. This just exposed the lower resolution but I liked the big screen viewing so I could sit in my recliner.

My smart tv could not do the job, even with the Yahoo app loaded, it would not stream. Don't know why?

Lots of drop outs and blurring over the course of the game.

Overall experience was crap. I don't want to watch football on a computer screen.

Used my Chromebook and Chromecast to stream to my 55 inch HDTV via WiFi. Great picture, no problems. Picture denegrated to non-HD briefly (less than a minute or so) in the 2nd half and then corrected itself. No complaints other than the outcome of the game.

Wired feed to laptop; HDMI to 2015 Samsung smart TV (Yahoo app was not loaded). Worked better than expected, some minor stuttering, great HD quality picture but started to degrade intermittently over course of game. Since it was free I'm good with it.

Yeah you do realize there's a reason they picked Buffalo/Jacksonville as the guinea pig. It's the same reason you don't see the Steelers or Cowboys going to London.

If it screws up, theres a lot less of an outcry and the NFL and Networks don't want to jeopardize the big money franchises

The Cowboys, Pats, Steelers, Giants have all played in the London series. Don't make up things to be angry about, it's not good for your heart.

I live in Rochester NY I have Time Warner Road Runner I used Apple TV yahoo app streamed it to my HD TV. The quality was very good and I had a good HD picture for the whole game. the were a couple of times it buffered for a second or two

other wise it worked flawless for me

Watched on AppleTV using the Yahoo app. It was great. Picture was great, etc. Paused it when I needed to get more coffee, and picked it up just fine. Of course, I'm lucky here in Rochester to have Greenlight and not that POS company Time Warner, so my internet connection is 500mbps and never a buffering problem. I have my appleTV wired with cat5 to my router.

I expect anyone who had any buffering was a victim of either the slowness of their own home wireless network, or the slow speed of their internet service.

Edited by todd

How was your streaming on yahoo

Used an HDMI cable from my laptop and had studdeding, medium def crapola for video.

I tried it in HD but the video stalled every 30 seconds, in medium def every 5 minutes with a clear to grainy picture.

Commercials were all in HD!!

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

Horrible experience on a big screen - 65" Panasonic. I finally switched to Medium resolution (which netted SD) to keep from switching back and forth between HD (1080) and SD (480). Laptop hardwired to FIOS, laptop to AV Receiver via HDMI. Noted commercials were all fine so it was the feed from the game as I assume commercials were inserted in the US.

Horrible experience on a big screen - 65" Panasonic. I finally switched to Medium resolution (which netted SD) to keep from switching back and forth between HD (1080) and SD (480). Laptop hardwired to FIOS, laptop to AV Receiver via HDMI. Noted commercials were all fine so it was the feed from the game as I assume commercials were inserted in the US.

Live feed versus "stored data" w/commercials.