Percy Harvin Out vs. Miami; Placed on Injured Reserve

WR as a 2016 draft need?

What they needed and still need is a big WR.

The Bills were in on Brandon Marshall but the Cassel trade cost them the 5th round pick they needed to make that deal work.

The McCoy and Harvin moves were hastily made decisions that have burned them and I thought they overpaid for Cassel too....people forget that Cassel couldn't even pass a physical when they dealt for him. Actually got lucky that he got healthy.

Edited by #BADOL

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How is it he missed the last game with a hip injury and then this game (and then put on IR) with a knee injury?

We lead the league in injuries that come out of the blue (it seems to me)

I do believe it is a little harder to keep a team motivated to play in Buffalo when they are losing. Especially with transients like Harvin.

I think we've seen a lot of days off taken and early exits made from players over the past 15 years that you wouldn't see if the organization had a winning culture and players believed that they could get to the playoffs if they worked thru injury.

WR as a 2016 draft need?

Absolutely. Harvin is gone and I don't think the team can count on Watkins being healthy. Even if he is they still need another quality starter.

@viccarucci

Percy Harvin's bizarre 1st season w #Bills is over & don't expect him to play for them again ... or anyone else. http://bit.ly/1NzEnAt

The Bills should have known better and any other team that gives him guaranteed money deserves what they get. If I'm a GM the only way I sign him is to a vet minimum contract with high incentive bonuses for being on the field and performing.

Well yea he is overcompensated for sure.

Well said. Edited by BarleyNY

The Bills were in on Brandon Marshall but the Cassel trade cost them the 5th round pick they needed to make that deal work.

The McCoy and Harvin moves were hastily made decisions that have burned them and I thought they overpaid for Cassel too....people forget that Cassel couldn't even pass a physical when they dealt for him. Actually got lucky that he got healthy.

Wow, didn't realize all that until now that the Bills could have gotten Brandon Marshall. I didn't like the Harvin move at first, and then he started playing well. But now it was just another bad call.

In regard to that first sentence though I can recall shortly after the Bills acquired Sammy Watkins that someone in the FO stated that the Bills still needed that big WR target... Mike Evans?

Curious on where it was posted that we were in on Brandon Marshall.......

No.....Bado specifically said we were in on Brandon Marshall.......

Was that posted somewhere?

Too much fricken speculation being posted as fact post posters pushing their agendas for my taste

I agree, I do not recall any B. Marshall speculation.

He would have fit this team well, with his history etc.

Imo

Lee Evans wasn't even that good. I'd take Stevie over Evans, any day of the week.

Peace out Percy. It was nice knowing ya

Evans was great in 2006: http://www.footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr2006.

He had a number of very good years and guy could snatch the ball out of the air and make fingertip catches. He had very sure hands; it's a shame he will be remembered for his critical drop with the Ravens.

I agree, I do not recall any B. Marshall speculation.

He would have fit this team well, with his history etc.

Imo

There was a fair bit of speculation that the Bills SHOULD have traded for Marshall by NFL observers/pundits in March, but I don't see any actual real info that it was in the works. But when there's smoke, there's usually fire, and Badol is more often right than not.

There was a fair bit of speculation that the Bills SHOULD have traded for Marshall by NFL observers/pundits in March, but I don't see any actual real info that it was in the works. But when there's smoke, there's usually fire, and Badol is more often right than not.

Shoe me where anyone of any substance actually talked about the damn thing ans stop taking up for Bado?

Right.

But what is this nonsense that we couldn't afford him because of M. Cassel? That was way out of left field and stated.

Imo