Percy Harvin Out vs. Miami; Placed on Injured Reserve

Another great addition by Rex. I'm worried about if Rex was the right determination for us. He sure hasn't helped the "D" at all and makes excuses for everything. We have a lot of talent on this team. Sure we have injuries but Bill does too and he just wins.

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@RQUINN619

#Bills 2016 Free Agent situation isn't too good. Yellow= RFA Blue= UFA

CTEh1hEWcAAeo-W.jpg

Is he being serious, who's the major irreplaceable player on that list? I don't think Bills will pay top dollar to Glenn, and Incognito owes Bills a hometown discount.

Another great addition by Rex. I'm worried about if Rex was the right determination for us. He sure hasn't helped the "D" at all and makes excuses for everything. We have a lot of talent on this team. Sure we have injuries but Bill does too and he just wins.

Let's not forget how good Percy was for us the first few weeks. We were all like "Maybe Percy is our troo #1" and so on. We knew about the injury history, but for what he brings to the table, we were willing to take a chance. It paid off early and is now looking like maybe it won't for the rest of the season. Maybe if we start making a run he'll come back for the stretch.

Let's not forget how good Percy was for us the first few weeks. We were all like "Maybe Percy is our troo #1" and so on. We knew about the injury history, but for what he brings to the table, we were willing to take a chance. It paid off early and is now looking like maybe it won't for the rest of the season. Maybe if we start making a run he'll come back for the stretch.

Sammy's presence and the attention he commands from defenses made things much easier for Harvin in the 1st few weeks of the season.

No, he doesn't

Yes he does. Bills were the ideal situation for him to rehab his image and get back in the game. There's a good chance he was going to sit out most of '15 too. At best he may have been a late camp signing for somebody.

Gilmore's deal looms beyond what he listed.

It does, and he'll get a big deal.

McKelvin -- baring a tremendous showing down the stretch -- is going to be gone along with his 4 million and I'd expect Clay's wacky numbers to be redone for cap relief as well. Plus the cap (which has gone up yearly) is expected to go up to 150-160 million in 2016, giving the Bills another 5-10 million in room. That's 9-14 million just with McKelvin and the annual increase, and doesn't account for Mario's deal being reworked which could / should free up another sizeable chunk of cap space. They could move on from Kyle too if they have to, but I really would be disappointed in that decision and doubt it happens.

There's no cap problem in Buffalo, unless you subscribe to the fact the cap is static. It isn't. Will they have to make tough choices? Some, every team has to. But the Bills weren't expected to be big players in UFA next off season anyway, that was this year's plan. Next year's seems to be to secure our own talent and build through the draft.

I feel bad for Percy. He was a heckuva football player.

Agreed. He looked great out there the first few weeks.

Too bad he can't keep his body and mind in the game.

It does, and he'll get a big deal.

McKelvin -- baring a tremendous showing down the stretch -- is going to be gone along with his 4 million and I'd expect Clay's wacky numbers to be redone for cap relief as well. Plus the cap (which has gone up yearly) is expected to go up to 150-160 million in 2016, giving the Bills another 5-10 million in room. That's 9-14 million just with McKelvin and the annual increase, and doesn't account for Mario's deal being reworked which could / should free up another sizeable chunk of cap space. They could move on from Kyle too if they have to, but I really would be disappointed in that decision and doubt it happens.

There's no cap problem in Buffalo, unless you subscribe to the fact the cap is static. It isn't. Will they have to make tough choices? Some, every team has to. But the Bills weren't expected to be big players in UFA next off season anyway, that was this year's plan. Next year's seems to be to secure our own talent and build through the draft.

If the owner has money and a willingness to spend it, the salary cap won't be a major issue.

i thought he was really good up until he got hurt.

If the owner has money and a willingness to spend it, the salary cap won't be a major issue.

Agreed. Though I'd add as long as the front office is responsible in how they structure contracts too -- which this front office has done a good of. The Percy deal and Clay deals being good examples of how they can be aggressive without putting the team into cap jail by leaving themselves outs.

Yes he does. Bills were the ideal situation for him to rehab his image and get back in the game. There's a good chance he was going to sit out most of '15 too. At best he may have been a late camp signing for somebody.

I was never a fan of Incognito because I thought he was too volatile as a person. But in the Miami Bully saga he was unfairly maligned and cast as the primary instigator as a bully on that team. When the investigation was ongoing his teammates almost universally supported him and correctly characterized Martin not as a victim but as a troubled person.

The cynical and unethical Roger Goodell had a public relations disaster associated with bullying. It was drawing a strong national reaction. He commissioned an investigation headed by Wells, also associated with the fraudulent inflategate saga. The investigation indicated that Incognito was the main antagonist in that case. This was another case where the NFL investigator was paid a handsome sum to come up with a report that corresponded with the league office's established narrative.

The main problem was that the report was not accurate. The report for the most part left out the near unanimous comments supporting that Incognito did not do what he was accused of and it left out the part that the victim, Martin, was a troubled individual.

Richie Incognito was suspended and basically blackballed by the league losing a year salary. He had to take a very under-valued contract with the Bills to get back into the game.

Incognito owes no one a hometown discount. He, more than anyone else, knows that it is a business because he was an unfair casualty to this PR conscious business. Richie Incognito should do what is right for himself and his family. He certainly didn't have a stellar reputation to begin with but it was wrongly smeared to the point he was forced to sit out a year.

Richie Incognito is our best offensive lineman by far. He not only is our best lineman but he is playing at a level that puts him near the top of the ranking for his position in the league. If he is smart he will take advantage of his situation and garner a contract that is worthy of his playing level.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2543506-richie-incognito-comments-on-tom-brady-roger-goodell-and-nfl-appeal-process

Edited by JohnC

I totally agree. Nice post. I wish those folks with the pitchforks out who complain about the cap would grasp the concepts presented here.