A Few Thoughts About The Game, in no particular order.....

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tyrod won the game. He was pissed on that 3rd and forever run and would not be denied.

Williams, Graham, Darby and Gilmore is the best collective db group in franchise history. Mark it down.

Karlos, shady and Sammy need to get back in the lineup

I do not think you are giving Robey proper credit; opposing DCs do.

Do we ascribe that to timing with a new kicker? I hope so, because otherwise it's inexcusable ... the officials will get that every time since that's the line judge's only job on a kickoff, standing right there watching the line ...

That's what i thought - timing. I also thought it was ticky tack. The NFL should tell the refs to lay off that type of call to start a game. All the build up and then a flag - really great entertainment.

TT's throws today were a little off....that can happen......Harvin disappeared.....he is not playing like a $6 mil man. (but REX loves him, oh well) the thing that bothered me the most was I saw REX calling the D signals. WHO is being the head coach then??? I have season tickets, but don't watch REX at home, so seeing that on the TV made me aware. Every other D coordinator in the league calls the D........thurman must not have the goods to do that imho. REX must feel he has to do this to live up to his rep a D god. Yes, the D held the line today, but, is statistically way behind the mark the Schwartz did last year with the same folks.

finally, I was glad to see Gilmore finally look like a first round draft choice that turned into a shutdown corner and delivered the BIG play. BTW, the replay on TV showed the call on Gilmore was a good one....he did have a handful of jersey. None the less, Gilmore is extremely valuable now...not so much the first three years mostly........

Great points... but the Harvin point i do not agree with. He should be Jet sweeped and screened. But with Watkins out and no other real WR to game plan against. Harvin is gonna be the point of emphasis time and time again until we have ANYONE back. Even McCoy's presence would do wonders

Titans had 2 weeks to prepare. This is the Bills third game in 5 where the opponent had extra time (Giants and Patriots had Thursday games the week before and Titans had a bye).

For the rest of the year:

The Dolphins have a Thursday night game before a next Sunday game with the Bills, but its off the Bills bye week.

The Bills get a mini bye -- playing Thursday night at the Jets (November 12) with a break until Monday November 23rd at the Pats.

Titans had 2 weeks to prepare. This is the Bills third game in 5 where the opponent had extra time (Giants and Patriots had Thursday games the week before and Titans had a bye).

For the rest of the year:

The Dolphins have a Thursday night game before a next Sunday game with the Bills, but its off the Bills bye week.

The Bills get a mini bye -- playing Thursday night at the Jets (November 12) with a break until Monday November 23rd at the Pats.

Good point. I think a lot of us forget this was the worst part of our schedule and one of only two rough stretches. It's almost too much to ask for us to be 4-1 at this point. The rest of the season we face Brady, Dalton (who is playing great), maybe Romo, a battered Alex Smith, an erratic Sam Bradford, and that's about it.

The Bills should just bite the bullet and cut Dixon. He is not a NFL Starting RB. Even Bryce Brown will be a better runner.

Bryce Brown is a great runner. There was never any doubt about how good of a runner he is. His ball security was the issue. That and he doesn't provide any help on special teams.

Bryce Brown is a great runner. There was never any doubt about how good of a runner he is. His ball security was the issue. That and he doesn't provide any help on special teams.

I was of the opinion that we should have kept Bryce Brown over Boobie even though Boobie was substantially better on ST. The reasoning was that we could afford the ST loss because now the team is full of decent or good ST players, and Brown would be inactive each week unless needed, which he would have been. And it's not as though we couldn't have predicted it because both Shady and Karlos were injured in preseason. One of the major reasons that Fred was released was because they didn't want to disgrace him by making him inactive on game day. We could really have used Brown IMO. Edited by Kelly the Dog

If I'm B Brown, I'm asking for a crash course in ST. I mean, he's a big, fast, strong guy who could do what the other guys do, right? If that's what it takes to get a shot at hanging on in the league a few more years, I'm all over it! (Oh,and maybe hang on to the ball a little tighter.)

Great points... but the Harvin point i do not agree with. He should be Jet sweeped and screened. But with Watkins out and no other real WR to game plan against. Harvin is gonna be the point of emphasis time and time again until we have ANYONE back. Even McCoy's presence would do wonders

The coach'es lack of trust on Robert Woods is very puzzling. Also, not having Clay in the game plan yesterday was maddening. This coaching staff needs to help Taylor, not put the game on his shoulder.

Edited by ganesh

He should still be a Bill.

It's tough watching Boobie in this offense. He has feet like cinder blocks.

He may be the only guy on the O that was a better fit in Hackett's offense. :lol:

This game was a lot like Minnesota last year. Really sloppy ball, but a huge conversion and then a clutch deep catch by Hogan led us to take the lead.

They are not letting Tyrod take off early in the game. We don't want him to get hurt, I get that, but we just need maybe one good run from him to keep the pass rush honest until we really need him to run wild.

Is it just me, or does anyone else have the impression that Roman is scripting the first 10-12 plays from scrimmage?

The problem with scripting like that is, if you script 12 plays and we get 3 or 4 3-and-outs, it takes the entire first half to run through the script. But I don't have any other explanation for why the Bills are such a slow-start team on offense the last few weeks. Obviously, if Roman can make adjustments and we're then successful, Just Win Baby, all is forgiven. I'd like to see a faster start though.

Thank God for whatever conditioning program our D puts in. They're in good shape, obviously.

Good win on a less than stellar input by almost everyone today.

Go Bills, and Go Bill!

Got to disagree. When it was 0-3 at the half, and our D had spent almost the entire half on the field and only given up 3, I got to say they played tough when it counted.

Gilmore was outstanding. The Cold Front (K Williams, M Williams, Dareus) showed up today. Schmidt deserves a "golden leg" trophy or something. Woods brought the nasty on some blocks. Hogan was also outstanding.

I was of the opinion that we should have kept Bryce Brown over Boobie even though Boobie was substantially better on ST. The reasoning was that we could afford the ST loss because now the team is full of decent or good ST players, and Brown would be inactive each week unless needed, which he would have been. And it's not as though we couldn't have predicted it because both Shady and Karlos were injured in preseason. One of the major reasons that Fred was released was because they didn't want to disgrace him by making him inactive on game day. We could really have used Brown IMO.

If I'm B Brown, I'm asking for a crash course in ST. I mean, he's a big, fast, strong guy who could do what the other guys do, right? If that's what it takes to get a shot at hanging on in the league a few more years, I'm all over it! (Oh,and maybe hang on to the ball a little tighter.)

I don't disagree with either of you. I like Bryce Brown. And I think his fumbling issues are slightly overstated--but he clearly has ball security issues. But man, the guy really can run the ball. I'm shocked he hasn't been picked up by another team, yet.

Is he that bad at pass protection, or does he not know the playbook? Baffles me that he doesn't get more opportunities.

I'm all for seeing an in season battle/rotation with Kujo. As much as I am pulling for Henderson to be successful, he looked terrible today

Ditto, and search the scrap heap/practice squads around the league for other possibilities at RT if Kujo doesn't cut it. Henderson was a freakin' turnstile today.

Henderson slipped to the 7th round due to concerns about his work ethic (and multiple failed drug tests due to weed). IMHO getting benched for Kujo in OTA lit a fire under his butt, but now that the job is his, he doesn't seem interested in putting in the extra work and study to nail it down and step up to the next level.

Tackling should get better if they aren't on the field so much

So freakin' tackle, get the stop on 3rd down, and get off the field!

Yes, the O went 3-and-out. A 3-and-out by the O should not constitute a license by the D to hand out 1st downs.

Edited by Hopeful

The coach'es lack of trust on Robert Woods is very puzzling. Also, not having Clay in the game plan yesterday was maddening. This coaching staff needs to help Taylor, not put the game on his shoulder.

Rex spoke very highly of "Woody" i cant figure out what caused him to fall out of favor. I thought we had our 1-4 punch with the 3 wrs and clay

I'm watching the Dallas-Patriot game, and the Cowboys are really giving Tom Brady fits while hitting him a bunch. Makes me wonder why the Bills played the scheme they played against Brady

Are you talking about the "fits" that led to a 30-6 victory with Brady* throwing 74% completions and 2 TD?

I'm a big Whaley fan but both of the moves made this week backfired. Cundiff was awful as was Denarius Moore, even though he made some yards on returns. I also thought he should have kept Bryce Brown over Boobie who is simply not a reliable RB.

Hmm, well, there were 3 moves this week, correct? Dan Herron, Cundiff, and Moore. I'm not gonna second-guess Whaley on Cundiff. I expect he's not the one they were trying to bring in, and I expect Ryan was agitating for someone to come in. Moore's fumble was bad, but I thought he had some good returns and while our running game sucked, Herron was the only back who broke 3 ypa. I call him a good signing

The Bills should just bite the bullet and cut Dixon. He is not a NFL Starting RB. Even Bryce Brown will be a better runner.

I'm not getting the logic here. Dixon isn't on the team to be an NFL starting RB. He's on the team to be the 3rd string RB and play ST. So why would you cut him for not being something he's not supposed to be, when the guys ahead of him are injured? He ran tough today - did you see that stiff-arm? and made a decent catch. Cierre Wood, on the other hand, I'd like to see more from him if he's staying.

Bryce Brown has talent as a runner. No one doubts Bryce Brown's running ability. The doubts are around ball security and lack of ST play, which the 3rd RB must contribute

I'm sure Bryce Brown had it explained to him that he needed to work on his ST chops, just as he was coached to improve his ball security. The writing on the wall says the coaches weren't happy with his receptiveness to coaching on either point. So yes, if you or I were Bryce Brown that's what we'd do, but Bryce Brown has his own ideas evidently.

Edited by Hopeful

-Gilmore, by far, was our best player on D today.

-Mario was switched ON as well

-Colton Schmidt can punt on my team any day.

-Colonel HOGAN! - just the guy any team would want to have somewhere on it's roster

The D got mad after the Graham (crap) call….would love to see them play that kind of mad for 4 quarters. They were asked to do a ton today and kept this game alive for us. Not pretty…but warrior-like.

Our building has belonged to everyone but us this year…it's time to turn the corner - for real.

When the coach says you are awesome all the time and that can whip anybody you don't play as hard.

He needs to tear em a new one when they deserve it, not be their buddy.

- The interception at the end might have been a very different outcome if Dareus didn't pressure Marriotta to underthrow

- Henderson was so horrible, was surprised they weren't giving him any help on his side. How bad must Kujo be that they didn't think he could play better than that??

- On the last drive my son and I were saying Titans just need to throw down the middle on 3rd down and the Bills will get a phantom penalty to give them the first. Would like to see stats if there is another team close to the Bills in getting called for penalties giving up 1st downs on 3rd down

- There were a couple runs where Dixon missed HUGE holes and just ran into people. Dude just puts his head down and starts running like he's just expecting to run into something but is not sure when. Like he's running with his eyes closed. It's crazy

- In 2nd half Bills D finally started having DBs confidently jump short routes when they blitzed - hopefully starting a trend

- Honestly didn't think Goodwin would make it all the way through the game once i saw he was out there

- Cannot believe we won that game!

Edited by stevewin