Rashad Jennings TD Catch

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking at the Game Pass footage, and I don't see that left foot touching the ground at any point there. Maybe this is just an angle thing?

There you go. The footage will tell you the truth.

This is like that bad angle photo of the other TD, which showed the Giants WR short of the endzone by a yard. Turns out the knee that was down was really the defender's arm-- which was really tough to tell from the still frame.

Would not have mattered. That game was a beat-down.

That game did not, in any way, resemble a beat-down.

The Giants mustered practically no offense the entire game, and needed help from (a) an interception that Clay should've caught, (b) three self-destructive penalties on the same drive, and © a brutal missed TFL to account for their 3 TD drives.

Buffalo took 17 penalties and was still in the game until Clay's TD was negated with less than 4 minutes remaining.

If the league listened to Belicheck, would not have this issue. He wants cameras so all all boundaries are covered by great camera angles...seem to remember this week they are doing it at MetLife on a trial basis....cause you know putting them in all stadiums too much money for the cash strapped NFL

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2015/10/08/nfl-set-to-test-boundary-cameras-at-metlife-stadium-this-year/

Edited by plenzmd1

There you go. The footage will tell you the truth.

This is like that bad angle photo of the other TD, which showed the Giants WR short of the endzone by a yard. Turns out the knee that was down was really the defender's arm-- which was really tough to tell from the still frame.

Man its close from all the angles he sweeps his left foot out but you cant tell if his toes skim the ground as he swings it forward. The cameras are just too high. I don't think they'd ever overturn it unless they have special angles tucked away somewhere.

I'm looking at the Game Pass footage, and I don't see that left foot touching the ground at any point there. Maybe this is just an angle thing?

Looking at it in slow motion, he kind of sweeps his left foot up and out of bounds, but I don't think it ever touches the ground.

Yeah, I recall watching the replay right afterwards and it definitely did not look like his foot landed out of bounds. Even it if did, what's done is done and what's called is called. Going back to our famous comeback game no one can deny Beebe stepping out before catching the TD pass that sparked our run.

Instead would we have 4 hour games with 1/4 of that being constant zebra parties?

if i understand what he wants to do...still two challenges, but anything could be challenged. For instance, the chop block call could have been challenged. The punch from OBJ could have been challenged.

For this instance though...would just be every game would have same opportunity as camera angles at all stadiums would be the same...and the boundaries would not be subject to a better camera angle in one stadium vs another

There were two other TDs where it looked like the knee was down before the ball crossed, I was surprised those didn't get overturned on auto review. I was at the game and didn't see the broadcast, did they replay those or talk about them at all?

Clays TD was negated with :59 seconds left.

The game wasn't a beat down, but we killed ourselves with penalties and the Giants made plays when they needed to and we didn't.

Thanks for the correction--I must've been thinking of the Gilmore INT.

Totally agree on the second statement

That screen shot of Jennings' foot is plainly photoshopped. Can't believe you guys fell for it. Moving on.

Yeap, its the only thing in focus, and there's no sign of compression that would take place had it been on the ground. The ref had a perfect angle to view it, as did the bills player (I think brown) and there was no protest from him.

Never seen such sour grapes after a regular season loss, and to a non-conferenxe opponent to boot, as this one.