Is Cam/Hochuli being discussed ?

Truthfully it does look like he said "the difference is you were running" in that vine. Either way, not sure why him running the ball and taking a late hit doesn't deserve a flag.

because outside the pocket and running, the defender gets an extra step before the flag comes out, as a matter of enforcement.

the stationary qb with his eyes down field gets a little more protection than a guy that might be running the ball and is a moving target.

No one knows what Hoculi said since nether of the two parties was miked up.

When I saw the clip my gut reaction was there was no chance in hell that Hochuli didn't say something crazy by the instant animated reaction by Cam. There is virtually no way he said it was about going out of bounds and Cam would react like that.

When I saw the clip my gut reaction was there was no chance in hell that Hochuli didn't say something crazy by the instant animated reaction by Cam. There is virtually no way he said it was about going out of bounds and Cam would react like that.

Yup, that's my reaction too. Unless Cam set the entire episode up for theatrics, which is very very unlikely.

This is a hilarious segment about the controversy.

Edited by GG

Pitiful display by one of the "better" refs in the NFL. So that should let everyone know how bad the officiating is getting.

I do not doubt for one second that what Cam is saying is true. For a player or coach to talk about the refs in the media, they arent going to risk getting caught in a lie.

It's another load of crap by the NFL when even the star QBs are getting frustrated for unfair treatment when compared to the "old man" star QBs. Apparently, the rules are special for Brady, Manning, and Brees, and everyone else can GFY. Hopefully the players start revolting more like this.

First, from what I can see in the vine it looks like Hochuli said "The difference is you were running" which is exactly what he told Blandino. What we don't know is if anything was exchanged before that. I have a feeling when Cam was still on the ground and Hochuli was facing the sideline he said something to the effect of 'You aren't old enough to get that call' which may have prompted Cam to ask him to repeat himself, like a 'Wait, what?' and then the part caught on tape is Hochuli clarifying the no call by saying he was running.

Heard this on the radio this AM - reference to where he said to Cam basically "You haven't been in the league long enough" aka you're not old enough :doh:

What that says is that long time Vets get FAVORITISM!!!!

Either suspend him or fire him now.

FTR - shouldn't running be after the QB crosses the LOS? (unless the ball was tucked securely)

Edited by BillsFan-4-Ever

This is why the scabs were so dangerous for the league. They didn't favor the old vets like Brady and Manning. They were bad, but they called the games pretty fair, and maybe started exposing some cracks in the shield.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I haven't been following this closely, but isn't it possible that Hochuli made a joke about "not being old enough" and then clarified to Cam that he didn't get the call because he had turned himself into a runner?

there is no joking when it comes to being a referee well unless you ARE the referee.

This is why the scabs were so dangerous for the league. They didn't favor the old vets like Brady and Manning. They were bad, but they called the games pretty fair, and maybe started exposing some cracks in the shield.

Or maybe I'm just paranoid.

I completely agree. The replacement refs were much better and more fair. People in the media and fans just had an easy scape goat and felt it was OK to blame replacement refs. When the real refs came back they sucks worse but people didn't have the balls or common sense to criticize them.

I completely agree. The replacement refs were much better and more fair. People in the media and fans just had an easy scape goat and felt it was OK to blame replacement refs. When the real refs came back they sucks worse but people didn't have the balls or common sense to criticize them.

They weren't better, but they were fair.

They made some REALLY bad calls.

I find it hard to believe Cam just made this up. OTOH, I'd also like to believe Hochuli is being upfront--and as many have pointed out, in the video it looks as though he is saying what he claims to have said.

Of course he might have said something before, or after, what the video shows. But I'm thinking it just might have been what Cam heard. Perhaps when Hochuli said "the difference is you were running" Cam heard, "the difference is you are young", or something like that. There is a lot of noise and confusion on the field--I can certainly imagine something like that happening. After the game, Cam says "he said I wasn't old enough to get the call"--a reasonable extrapolation of what he heard. Anyway, just food for thought.

But I tell you what. If someone comes up with a video that clearly shows Hochuli saying what Cam thought he heard, Hochuli should be fired on the spot. Not just for the call, but for the lying/cover-up.