Will NE hit a wall this season?

thronethinker

Every year the hot team out of the gate seems to come down to reality. This year NE is that team. Last time they started like this the Giants ended their season. I say an injury to Brady or Gronk and the Pats are down to earth. Honestly, every year the team that starts hot fizzles. I say NE fizzles this year. Bills beat them Monday Night and all this wild card talk is for nothing.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every year the hot team out of the gate seems to come down to reality. This year NE is that team. Last time they started like this the Giants ended their season. I say an injury to Brady or Gronk and the Pats are down to earth. Honestly, every year the team that starts hot fizzles. I say NE fizzles this year. Bills beat them Monday Night and all this wild card talk is for nothing.

No, I see the Pats going 14-2 or 15-1. They are usually playing their best at the end of the season.

No, I see the Pats going 14-2 or 15-1. They are usually playing their best at the end of the season.

Well exactly. They usually play their best at the end. That's why I am suggesting they hit a wall this year and come down to earth. They will eventually have some injuries. Gronk is not exactly a every game player looking at his past. NE could be up 40-10 on Miami and Suh could take Brady out. The NFL could decide to let them play on Monday Night and throw no flags, Bills win that.

So do the Bills but I'm not honestly contemplating that.

I mean, the pats have gone 16-0 before so I don't think 14-2 or 15-1 is out of the question for them. Obviously would love for the bills to win the division but I don't think there is a good chance of that but I guess you never know

It is so early. Lots of unknowns too with injuries etc. They look great, but teams will start to see more clearly how to beat them. I feel that us or Cincy probably offer the best chance to derail them this year. We get our shot again.

They don't play the Bengals this year, at least in the regular season. I think the places they're most likely to stumble are @NYG, vs. BUF, and @NYJ But I don't put any of those over 50% chance.

Absent a major injury to Brady or Gronk, the Pats will easily reach their customary 12+ wins and home field advantage.

I didn't understand all the pre-season talk about the Pats falling back to the pack this year, but I guess that's stopped now.

I can see them dropping no more than 2 games, barring injury to key players, Brady, Gronk. They are a well oiled machine just coming off a championship. In early action they obviously have a big leg up on a team like the Bills that is having to manage big changes. I think we will be much more competitive against them later in the year. Could wind up being a "pick 'em" proposition when next they play.